ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RB trolls Mike Leach with portal announcement

Candy ass! Would and should be behind all of our rb.

say “ ok boomer” all you want.

this generation of kids are soft! Raised by woke parents and a society that is afraid to tell them the truth.

if /when you get into the real world (when your 25 f..k 25) and you can’t cut it. You will fail. Just like this dude did at miss state.

I hope coach leach words motivate him and he improves works harder ans succeeds.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Candy ass! Would and should be behind all of our rb.

say “ ok boomer” all you want.

this generation of kids are soft! Raised by woke parents and a society that is afraid to tell them the truth.

if /when you get into the real world (when your 25 f..k 25) and you can’t cut it. You will fail. Just like this dude did at miss state.

I hope coach leach words motivate him and he improves works harder ans succeeds.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Patting yourself on the back for building your own character and slamming your coach in the same tweet on the way out the door has a nice touch to it. Keep that phone handy.
Whatever potential portal interest he would have received— cut it in half.

This is another example that shows people under the age of 25 are brain lobal deficient. This isn’t opinion, it’s science.

Perhaps I am naive, but every kid going to the portal always seemed like "a chance to get on the field" somewhere else.

I did not consider in many cases the staff is pushing these kids out the door. I should be more aware.....

I also think that now this has been made public, more portal kids will speak up on their twitters, ripping the staff for not seeing their talent.

And this will be the last time i refer to them as kids.

Free agents......going forward

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Nah...if Leach really said that to him I understand why he might want that out there.
Or maybe you rise to the occasion? On any sports team you played you never had a coach tell you or another teammate to toughen up? Cmon
Him stating that as a reason to leave is evidence enough this kid just wants to be told he is great and doesn't take to criticism at all making him pretty uncountable. If he lands somewhere decent loom for a year next year where he does less.

Reactions: ShipofFools
At least Leach didn't lock this kid in an equipment shed.
Wasn't he trying to get him a dark room which is what you need for a cconcussion? Remembering the cheating pony express dad comments i think all of that got blown out proportion and was just a player being a bitter boy baby, who has a famous entitled cheating lying father as his role model

Reactions: FireballZ
Wasn't he trying to get him a dark room which is what you need for a cconcussion? Remembering the cheating pony express dad comments i think all of that got blown out proportion and was just a player being a bitter boy baby, who has a famous entitled cheating lying father as his role model
Like all college football weirdness, I'm certain reality is different than what the popular story has become but Leach is a really weird dude and is toxic as hell. It's still amazing that kids are surprised by it.

Like all college football weirdness, I'm certain reality is different than what the popular story has become but Leach is a really weird dude and is toxic as hell. It's still amazing that kids are surprised by it.

I don't know if he's toxic or not, but I definitely don't view him as being funny like most people do. I get that it's neat he says weird things, but if you remove the it's-unexpected-that-a-coach-would-say-that factor from it, they're mostly pretty witless.

I don't know if he's toxic or not, but I definitely don't view him as being funny like most people do. I get that it's neat he says weird things, but if you remove the it's-unexpected-that-a-coach-would-say-that factor from it, they're mostly pretty witless.
Dude is as big a narcissist as they come, even by college coaching standards.

Agree…I’m not a fan of the fringe coaches like Leach, Holgerson etc that project as inebriated throwback buffoons to become folk heroes to their largely integrated buffoonish fanbase. But that case largely failed the sniff test due to the turd factor emanated by the player and dad.

Reactions: caleco's
Agree…I’m not a fan of the fringe coaches like Leach, Holgerson etc that project as inebriated throwback buffoons to become folk heroes to their largely integrated buffoonish fanbase. But that case largely failed the sniff test due to the turd factor emanated by the player and dad.
Yeah the throw back woody hayes guys are a tired outdated bad bunch. There still needs to be a tiny bit that in each coach but man when you throw batbers and bowling alleys at kids it seems harder and harder to coach them without the entitlement factor playing an issue

Yeah the throw back woody hayes guys are a tired outdated bad bunch. There still needs to be a tiny bit that in each coach but man when you throw batbers and bowling alleys at kids it seems harder and harder to coach them without the entitlement factor playing an issue
Or maybe it was just that being an abusive, masochistic, prick wasn't all that necessary to have a good football team.

Yeah I'm referring to the lighter part of toughen up kid, not the other garbage
I understand. It's not something they want to waste time teaching, anymore. You're either mentally capable of handling P5 or you're better off moving on. You even hear it when coaches give advice about recruiting. Most of these kids have been the very best of the best since they started and never faced having to climb a depth chart or compete for playing time. Some of them just crumble.

No, he was trying to punish him for not practicing and because his father called the coach. Every other player on some sort of concussion protocol under Leech was placed in the trainers room with the lights dimmed, not a windowless utility shed. The trainer and medical staff had to write affidavits because of the lawsuit.

The same lawsuit that was thrown out but Leach’s lawyers are filing to try and uncover school sexual assault investigation paperwork and other things to try and embarrass the university that has nothing to do with his case.

The kid doesn't sound like he was giving it much effort, but let's not pretend Leach wasn't being a vindictive prick.

Reactions: pittdan77
I thought that was Hafley.

Nah. if the kid can ball teams will want him.
I agree. But he’s a RB. They’re a dime a dozen. If he’s a good one, yes people will go after him. But I’d bet my mortgage that his interest is less than what it would have been.

Reactions: Ski11585
I agree. But he’s a RB. They’re a dime a dozen. If he’s a good one, yes people will go after him. But I’d bet my mortgage that his interest is less than what it would have been.
Know nothing about the kid, but looking at his stats seems to show he's been pretty productive with his time on the field. Amassed almost 800 yards combined this year and averaged 5.6 ypc, some pretty great yards after contact, and got a nice pass blocking grade from PFF (graded 69, Izzy was 33 for comparison).

So I certainly wouldn't mind if he was Pitt bound, not that it'd happen.

Know nothing about the kid, but looking at his stats seems to show he's been pretty productive with his time on the field. Amassed almost 800 yards combined this year and averaged 5.6 ypc, some pretty great yards after contact, and got a nice pass blocking grade from PFF (graded 69, Izzy was 33 for comparison).

So I certainly wouldn't mind if he was Pitt bound, not that it'd happen.
I wouldn’t mind too. But some coaches might pass.

Sort of seems like Leach might have found out and threw his own soft hissy fit about it. He is obviously tough and not afraid to put his nose in there to block.

Bobby Knight method: "ok, gtfo".

Kid says nothing.

A coach calling you out as not tough is also not the best idea if he wants kids coming to his school or, you know, sticking around
Happens all the time in sports... some kids can take criticism some cant

A coach calling you out as not tough is also not the best idea if he wants kids coming to his school or, you know, sticking around

Some RBs would respond by toughening up.

I think Leach has proven that he can win with average players. Doubt he cares much.

Probably not the best idea to tweet that if you want another coach to bring you in.
That type of coach mentality should stay in the last century if you want to win now.

This is a new generation. Players are now knowing their worth and power

That type of coach mentality should stay in the last century if you want to win now.

This is a new generation. Players are now knowing their worth and power
What should a coach say to a player, if he is indeed soft?

Players are now knowing their worth and power
We were always told to go down to the ocean, walk out to waist deep water, stick your fist in the water, pull it out quickly, the hole that is left is the hole that will be left when you quit the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT