ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Redskins to drop franchise nickname tomorrow morning

Reactions: Blue Goose
Good decision. Long overdue. I’ll be interested to see what they come up with next.

Washington Lobbyists
dan-snyder-redskins.jpg

I like Redtails most.
Of the proposed names Redtails is the best one so you know they won't use it.

I know Warriors has been tossed around but would a NFL team use the same name as an NBA team? Would both sides be cool with it. It's not the 1930's when using the same name as the local MLB team was ok and you know the NFL would have a fit if some NBA team changed their name to Patriots or Cowboys. It was pretty weak when Panthers was usurped by NFL and NHL expansion teams in the 90's.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
I like Pigskins. Keeps the name very similar (-skins) and ties in the Hogs theme they’ve incorporated. Ideally, they’d choose that name, keep the uniforms essentially the same, and use a logo that largely resembles the old logo, or at least the shape of it.

I get why people want the name changed, but it’s still bittersweet to see nearly 90 years of history come to an end.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
Of the proposed names Redtails is the best one so you know they won't use it.

I know Warriors has been tossed around but would a NFL team use the same name as an NBA team? Would both sides be cool with it. It's not the 1930's when using the same name as the local MLB team was ok and you know the NFL would have a fit if some NBA team changed their name to Patriots or Cowboys. It was pretty weak when Panthers was usurped by NFL and NHL expansion teams in the 90's.

The article mentions there are some trademark issues in the way of them announcing the new name just yet. That makes it sound like the name they want is in use somewhere

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The article mentions there are some trademark issues in the way of them announcing the new name just yet. That makes it sound like the name they want is in use somewhere
Some real estate guy in DC bought 40-something trademarks to potential new names with the hopes of cashing in on it. Warriors, Redtails, Redwolves, etc. all belong to him.

Reactions: TJFAIRLIE
OMG, and he filed them under the premise of forming a flag football league?!? Amazing.

at $20k a pop, that’s quite a risk

I know adult 9-man flag football is a huge deal in the Baltimore-DC area but I don’t think they do much in the way of merchandising.

By the way, if anyone is interested, adult flag football is a wild sub-culture down there.

I know adult 9-man flag football is a huge deal in the Baltimore-DC area but I don’t think they do much in the way of merchandising.

By the way, if anyone is interested, adult flag football is a wild sub-culture down there.
In the fall, I see guys every weekend, playing in a nearby park. I assume it's a league. Nothing is ever wrong with adults staying physically active.

Ironic that this is happening with Ron Rivera as head coach. Ron is Mexican/Puerto Rican, a mix that most likely includes significant Native ancestry, and probably some African as well. Not the worst mix to be leading the team at this particular time.

I think it's a dirty rotten shame that this country has come to this CRAP, nobody cares except these young spoiled brats. Turning over monuments and demanding they be gone, who in the hell do these young no nothing's think they are. If they or anybody else that doesn't like the way this country does things, I can get a lot of guy that will help you or them pack. North Korea, Russia, Iran amongst others will take you. This is the greatest country on earthpresent and past. We have a great history, If you don't like the USA. Get the hell out plain and simple. I don't like notre dame but are they going to change their name from the fighting Irish, if so, it won't be because of the Irish people, it will be because other idiots who have nothing to do with the Irish. Just like the redskins. Native Americans are not the people calling for this change it those young spoiled idiots. And other young punk groups who demand changes

Last edited:
I think it's a dirty rotten shame that this country has come to this CRAP, nobody cares except these young spoiled brats. Turning over monuments and demanding they be gone, who in the hell do these young no nothing's think they are. If they or anybody else that doesn't like the way this country does things, I can get a lot of guy that will help you or them pack. North Korea, Russia, Iran amongst others will take you. This is the greatest country on earthpresent and past. We have a great history, If you don't like the USA. Get the hell out plain and simple

Um, you have the same option. I mean not now because our passports are currently worthless at the moment and no one can actually leave but you get the point.

People should fight back demanding that our history remains the same. We should stand up for America, there are a lot more people for our history and the flag. Then those young punks who don't. We need to fight back, nobody is doing anything but letting them get away with this crap

How about the FEDEX SHOT CALLERS ?
Let's face it . Daniel Schneider never intended to change , until the almighty dollar threatened his bank account . Let's not kid ourselves kids .

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I like Pigskins. Keeps the name very similar (-skins) and ties in the Hogs theme they’ve incorporated. Ideally, they’d choose that name, keep the uniforms essentially the same, and use a logo that largely resembles the old logo, or at least the shape of it.

I get why people want the name changed, but it’s still bittersweet to see nearly 90 years of history come to an end.
This is exactly how I feel.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
People should fight back demanding that our history remains the same. We should stand up for America, there are a lot more people for our history and the flag. Then those young punks who don't. We need to fight back, nobody is doing anything but letting them get away with this crap

Lol, you think changing a cartoon native American is that important. It's a cartoon logo for Chryst's sake. It should have been voluntarily changed decades ago but the owner is a toolbag.

How bout the Redbarons? I'm on speed dial to Snyder right now! Jk jk ;)

People are just taking advantage of our country when we're at a very vulnerable state which is very very sad.

At this rate, it won't be long before they also have to change the name "Washington". Might as well just get it over with and call themselves the LGBQTville Bunnies.

I think it's a dirty rotten shame that this country has come to this CRAP, nobody cares except these young spoiled brats. Turning over monuments and demanding they be gone, who in the hell do these young no nothing's think they are. If they or anybody else that doesn't like the way this country does things, I can get a lot of guy that will help you or them pack. North Korea, Russia, Iran amongst others will take you. This is the greatest country on earthpresent and past. We have a great history, If you don't like the USA. Get the hell out plain and simple. I don't like notre dame but are they going to change their name from the fighting Irish, if so, it won't be because of the Irish people, it will be because other idiots who have nothing to do with the Irish. Just like the redskins. Native Americans are not the people calling for this change it those young spoiled idiots. And other young punk groups who demand changes

these young spoiled brats are our future, not you old spoiled brats.

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT