ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Remembering John Candy who passed away 30 years ago today...from SCTV

Glad you posted this. Coming from an ethnic area I was raised around the polka culture. This was one of the funniest skits I ever saw.
I was always disgusted by the blatant sexism and body image shaming in the classic hit..."I Don't Want Her, You Can Have Her, She's Too Fat For Me"

this was one of my favorite Candy SCTV skits...

His Second City TV character Monster Chiller Horror Theater Dr. Tongue's House of _______ (fill in the blank) was classic. Just strange and oddly funny. Second City was a real launching pad.....Belushi, Ackroyd, Gilda Radner, John Candy, Eugene Levy, Mike Myers, Harold Ramis, Alan Alda, Harold Ramis, Tina Fey, Chris Farley, Bill Murray.........

Last edited:
His Second City TV character Dr. Tongue's House of _______ (fill in the blank) was classic. Just strange and oddly funny. Second City was a real launching pad.....Belushi, Ackroyd, Gilda Radner, John Candy, Eugene Levy, Mike Myers, Harold Ramis, Alan Alda, Harold Ramis, Tina Fey, Chris Farley, Bill Murray.........
how could you leave out Pittsburgh's own Joe Flaherty...

Anyone who saw Rush perform the Weapon in the 80s got a bonus from The Count… great stuff as I loved Rush and SCTV

Reactions: mike 301

John Candy Stripes GIF - John Candy Stripes Bill GIFs

Planes Trains and Automobiles is one of the most underrated flicks of all-time in my opinion. I just can't not watch it if it's ever on. He and Martin were sensational. What a talent. From what I hear a truly wonderful person. Apparently, nobody knew how much he gave to charity until after he died and his books were opened up. He didn't give for the accolades.

"Midnight Cowboy 2"...in the miracle of 3D...was one of my favorites.

I always loved Armed and Dangerous with him and Eugene Levy, its not the best movie but it has a bunch of really funny scenes and a crazy car chase at the end.

I always loved Armed and Dangerous with him and Eugene Levy, its not the best movie but it has a bunch of really funny scenes and a crazy car chase at the end.
oh yeah, that's a good one. with a young meg ryan. that's an under the radar 80's classic..

I still use the quote, "hop on in here slim and lets see what this son a B*tch can do,"

He and Joe Flaherty were both in Follow That Bird, my all time favorite movie. Uncle Buck is a classic as well. My grandmother absolutely loved it.

He and Joe Flaherty were both in Follow That Bird, my all time favorite movie. Uncle Buck is a classic as well. My grandmother absolutely loved it.
Was one of mine and my young kids (at the time) favorite to pop in the VCR and watch .
I loved when his niece finally came around and really embraced how much he truly cared and wanted to protect her . He was so genuine ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT