ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Santa Monica

My top 5 favorite Harvey Keitel characters: Not top 5 movies but characters he played.

5/ Smoke shop owner in "Smoke" Very under rated movie

4/ the devil in Little Nikki. I know, painful movie but he was good in it.

3/ Mr. White. no brainer, reservoir dogs

2/ the dad in Dusk til Dawn

1/ Ray in copland. played a great badass bad guy in that movie..

I couldnt include taxi driver. probably should be on the list but man the pimp of a little jodie foster is just horrible to watch. i guess that is the point of the character so i could be wrong on here.

Wolf in Pulp was an over rated character imo.
If I recall, wasnt Harvey Keitel the lead cop in Clockers?

Btw, if you like crime fiction, Richard Price is near the top of the list.

Clockers
Freedomlands
Lords of Flatbush
Bloodbrothers

Price also wrote the screenplay for The Color of Money, as well as several episodes of The Wire.

Cant put it down type of storytelling.

Maybe watch the story to see if it answers those questions. And it was one of the least safe in CA, not the least safe anywhere.

No. You tell me. What does "least safe" mean because to me that is violent crime: rape, murder, muggings, armed robbery. Assaults I dont count because most assaults are bar fights.

Violent crime is directly related to lower income areas in SoCal where I wouldnt say I felt unsafe but its probably not a place I'd want to be walking the streets after dark. Every area has these towns. Santa Monica is absolutely not one of these. Its a beach/party town with 20 homeless people in a park across the street from the beach.

My top 5 favorite Harvey Keitel characters: Not top 5 movies but characters he played.

5/ Smoke shop owner in "Smoke" Very under rated movie

4/ the devil in Little Nikki. I know, painful movie but he was good in it.

3/ Mr. White. no brainer, reservoir dogs

2/ the dad in Dusk til Dawn

1/ Ray in copland. played a great badass bad guy in that movie..

I couldnt include taxi driver. probably should be on the list but man the pimp of a little jodie foster is just horrible to watch. i guess that is the point of the character so i could be wrong on here.

Wolf in Pulp was an over rated character imo.
Just finished Lansky on Prime. Keitel plays Meyer Lansky and i really liked it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT