ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Some more good news regarding Covid-19 vaccines ... preliminary Moderna Vaccine results ....

We have never received a flu shot. No need to protect against a virus that can be cured with Chicken Soup and some rest.

Covid is a different story and those at risk should absolutely get vaccinated if it proves safe. Time will tell
It’s about you not spreading it to others
That’s the actual point - it’s not simply personal protection because the vaccine isn’t 100%

We have never received a flu shot. No need to protect against a virus that can be cured with Chicken Soup and some rest.

Covid is a different story and those at risk should absolutely get vaccinated if it proves safe. Time will tell

I only started getting a flu shot after we had kids because the flu can and does kill kids. Its much more dangerous for kids than COVID as data shows.

Still waiting for you or someone else to sell me on it.
Getting the vaccine helps other people, not just YOU. By getting the vaccine, you help this pandemic come to an end and help the country return to normalcy. It is all right to care about other people, not just yourself.
There are many people who cannot get the vaccine because of medical conditions such as cancer. They not only can get Covid, but are at high risk to get severe disease. Some of them need to work to survive and cannot work from home.
If all people get this vaccine, this disease could literally end within a month or so after vaccinations.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
Getting the vaccine helps other people, not just YOU. By getting the vaccine, you help this pandemic come to an end and help the country return to normalcy. It is all right to care about other people, not just yourself.
There are many people who cannot get the vaccine because of medical conditions such as cancer. They not only can get Covid, but are at high risk to get severe disease. Some of them need to work to survive and cannot work from home.
If all people get this vaccine, this disease could literally end within a month or so after vaccinations.

That pretty much says it. Get the vaccine to help yourself and help others and get us back to normal. The alternative isn't a nice thing.

The country will never return to normal. Too late for that. The number of lives, families and businesses that have been ruined by the shutdowns will cement that fact.

The country will never return to normal. Too late for that. The number of lives, families and businesses that have been ruined by the shutdowns will cement that fact.
So we should just keep allowing people to get sick and die by doing nothing. How will that be better for our country?

So we should just keep allowing people to get sick and die by doing nothing. How will that be better for our country?

If you are at risk. Stay home til vaccine is available. Simple.
If you are afraid of getting sick. Stay home. Simple..

Don’t meet with anyone
Don’t go anywhere there are people.

There you go.

You're arguing with a guy who said everyone should be locked down, yet went to Kennywood so he didn't lose his free tickets.

Reactions: jivecat
Kind of like the Great Depression in the 1930's. We never did recover from that one.

Yeah, it only took a world war to get us out of it....
We survived the depression and WWII, and emerged with the strongest economic growth in U. S. history. So yes, we can survive this and return to normal. That is my point - this is not the end of the world. There is no comparison to the lives lost and damaged and the economic damage, by those events to Covid-19.

We survived the depression and WWII, and emerged with the strongest economic growth in U. S. history. So yes, we can survive this and return to normal. That is my point - this is not the end of the world. There is no comparison to the lives lost and damaged and the economic damage, by those events to Covid-19.

Anyone comparing a Covid recovery and the great depression has missed the point completely. I'll say it again, it only took a world war to get the US out of the great depression.

I know Obama made great depression comparisons en vogue, but they're just stupid in so many ways.

Anyone comparing a Covid recovery and the great depression has missed the point completely. I'll say it again, it only took a world war to get the US out of the great depression.

I know Obama made great depression comparisons en vogue, but they're just stupid in so many ways.
How will the recovery be harder when it’s literally due to an infectious disease -versus a global financial collapse ?

Without getting into the economic nuts and bolts, both of these situations resulted in great economic dislocation and hardship. We survived the first one, and life returned to normal, and we will survive this one and life will return to normal. Assuming that the idiot in the White House does not do something spectacularly reckless in the next 2 months.

Reactions: jivecat

Covid is very serious but also not the struggle that people perceive it to be. It's manageable unlike a war or financial/credit catastrophes like the Great Depression.

It doesn’t take some massive infrastructure priorization and realignment investment .

It takes competent and consistent leadership to communicate the need for adults to act right

Something which has been lacking

The infrastructure prioritization was a band aide, as evidence the 17% unemployment in 1939. So for all the greatness of the "new deal" it never got the job done. Full out world war, massive investment in manufacturing, technology, transport, logistics, and things that actually help you build and sell things got the job done.

Total devastation and rebuilding of so many countries didn't hurt either as they became our best customers when rebuilding them. Wiping 3% of the worlds people off the face of the earth didn't hurt either.

The state and county are farting in wind.

The infrastructure prioritization was a band aide, as evidence the 17% unemployment in 1939. So for all the greatness of the "new deal" it never got the job done. Full out world war, massive investment in manufacturing, technology, transport, logistics, and things that actually help you build and sell things got the job done.

Total devastation and rebuilding of so many countries didn't hurt either as they became our best customers when rebuilding them. Wiping 3% of the worlds people off the face of the earth didn't hurt either.

The state and county are farting in wind.
I agree the failure to lead made things worse
I suspect they will improve with coherent leadership

I agree the failure to lead made things worse
I suspect they will improve with coherent leadership

Nobody cares, I've been saying it for a while. There won't be any coherent leadership, you're fooling yourself.

Mask mandates and shutdowns will be worse in the long run. We'll then pass out stimulus tied to favors for pet projects and bailouts. People still won't listen. Even the politicians aren't listening to their own mandates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT