ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sportsmanship

I can’t make out anything before “Bullshit” can anyone tell me what was said at the beginning?

That's the game that started to make Mike McQueery a legend.Rumor has it Mike had a big bet on the game and that pass he threw covered the spread,Mike wins.Mike supposedley wasn't suppost to throw that pass. That Mike he's quite the guy.

Reactions: WC Panther
That's the game that started to make Mike McQueery a legend.Rumor has it Mike had a big bet on the game and that pass he threw covered the spread,Mike wins.Mike supposedley wasn't suppost to throw that pass. That Mike he's quite the guy.

So what your really saying is you're gullible & take hear say, rumors and innuendo as facts ... interesting

Slider look up the point spread on that game and come to your own conclusion !It not a rumor that McQueery was a better in college and afterwards. I just don't like men that run away when a kid is in trouble.Plus the scumbag shoots deer over bait,he's a man's man!bwdik

Slider look up the point spread on that game and come to your own conclusion !It not a rumor that McQueery was a better in college and afterwards. I just don't like men that run away when a kid is in trouble.Plus the scumbag shoots deer over bait,he's a man's man!bwdik

You “don’t like men that run away when a kid is in trouble”?
How bout guys who cover it up for 20 years?

I can’t make out anything before “Bullshit” can anyone tell me what was said at the beginning?
It was something like "I didn't think you played like that" from Graber then the Reverend Jim JonesPa went off with the BS a true sportsman he was.

I heard the same thing as PizzaBoy1 about the betting line and McQueary. If you watch a longer version of the clip, you can see JonesPa shake his head looking confused. As much as I have always hated Paterno, I do think that McQueary called this play or an audible.

For our nitter fan boy defender, the poster claimed it was a rumor. Furthermore it actually was reported in various newspapers during the Sandusky/Paterno/penn state rape cover up. No one said it was a fact...so go cry elsewhere

I don't care at all about McQueery or his disgusting behavior. He has no character that's not the point, nor is it in dispute.

You said "Rumor has it"
I was just pointing out you believe rumors and used, yours or someone else's opinion, as fact. What proof do you have he point shaved? That's my point

He didn't shave points he scored points when the team didn't need them.You guys are all correct Mike is an outstanding man and I only wish my son's were his equal!

The rumor about McQueery was put out there by actual PSU players including one who was on the field for the actual play, that was a HS classmate of mine.

It was something like "I didn't think you played like that" from Graber then the Reverend Jim JonesPa went off with the BS a true sportsman he was.

Here's the thing though. If that truly was an audible called by McQueary then when Grabber said "I didn't think you played like that" why wasn't Paterno's response something along the lines of "hey, I'm sorry about that, that wasn't the play we called, the kid did that on his own. That wasn't what I wanted him to do." Because that completely diffuses the whole situation. Instead Paterno goes off on Graber. Because it never even occurred to Paterno that McQueery had done something that he wasn't supposed to that was clearly unsportsmanlike. Because he did exactly what he was supposed to do, and it didn't bother Paterno even a wee little bit.

Here's the thing though. If that truly was an audible called by McQueary then when Grabber said "I didn't think you played like that" why wasn't Paterno's response something along the lines of "hey, I'm sorry about that, that wasn't the play we called, the kid did that on his own. That wasn't what I wanted him to do." Because that completely diffuses the whole situation. Instead Paterno goes off on Graber. Because it never even occurred to Paterno that McQueery had done something that he wasn't supposed to that was clearly unsportsmanlike. Because he did exactly what he was supposed to do, and it didn't bother Paterno even a wee little bit.

Because ultimately Paterno was full of shite

Because ultimately Paterno was full of shite

I don't know if I'd say that (OK, I probably would ;)), but Paterno was all about Paterno. He cared about his and his own and he didn't give a rat's arse about anyone else. If he thought that it might do the team good in the long run to have a backup like McQueery throw a pass there even if people thought it was unsportsmanlike and it was going to piss off Rutgers people he'd have had McQueery throw the pass, because he cared about himself and his team and didn't care what Rutgers people or anyone else thought about him.

I certainly don't know the whole story of what exactly happened (very few people do), but what they did there was 100% in line with the way that Joe Paterno thought. And anyone who says otherwise is simply delusional.

^^^a hoopie inciting a fan of child rape on a Panther message board.

Pizzaboy- the minute your post anything derogatory about the cult or their disgusting leaders they end up here defending their sicko cult.

So what your really saying is you're gullible & take hear say, rumors and innuendo as facts ... interesting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT