ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Squid Game (the new competition)

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
Anyone watching this on Netflix? I think they nailed it.

Last edited:
I should say that this isn't a sequel to the Korean show, but an American reality competition with some of the same games. It's good.

At first I didn’t know if was a reality show… When the 1st ink pack exploded I was like wtffff… Turned it right off!

Yeah ... I was wondering about it. This will save me the trouble.

This is where I'm at. Seems very low stakes with everyone living.

I wonder though. How much would it take to get people to play a real Squid Game? Winner gets $500 billion. Would people sign up for that?
500 billion? hahaha. Only folks getting 500 billion of someone else's money only to eventually die in the end live in Central Europe.....It would be fascinating if someone examined your brain post mortem to see how you come up with things like this...

If someone were willing to do it (me thinks it would turn out to be 100 terminally ill cancer patients) it would be somewhere in the 100 million range...

I didn't like it as much in later episodes. It becomes too random for who gets eliminated.

Last edited:
I cant stand all the excessive crying. Its impossible for me to believe someone being eliminated from a game, while bringing you closer $4.6 mil would bring you to uncontrollable tears.

I do however love the fact that theres so much petty backstabbing and dishonesty. That I find very realistic

I cant stand all the excessive crying. Its impossible for me to believe someone being eliminated from a game, while bringing you closer $4.6 mil would bring you to uncontrollable tears.

I do however love the fact that theres so much petty backstabbing and dishonesty. That I find very realistic

There was a reality show, maybe about 15 years ago, called Unanamous. They stuck people in an underground bunker and the only way to win is for everyone to age on the winner. It was glorious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT