ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers awarded 2026 NFL Draft

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Although I got a few laughing emojis when I last suggested this, it looks like it might be happening… any predictions on where they’ll host it?

Reactions: BreakingPitt
If freakin Detroit is awarded a slot then PITTsburgh should!

I guess the point is the logical location?

Here’s an interesting idea: have the green room and stage on the water surrounding the Point (similar to what Vegas did) and let the fans come all the way up to the edge of the Point. Then they could have the fan experience events on the North Shore and/or near Commonwealth.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Here’s an interesting idea: have the green room and stage on the water surrounding the Point (similar to what Vegas did) and let the fans come all the way up to the edge of the Point. Then they could have the fan experience events on the North Shore and/or near Commonwealth.
You're not thinking big enough. Put the green room over on the North Shore and have little, helmet boats, deliver the picks across the river to the main stage. Smell of kielbasa and pierogi's wafting over the crowd. Drunk Yinzers booing other fan bases while they breathlessly wait to see if Drew Allar is the guy. Thing of beauty.

Last edited:

I believe in order for The Point to be the location, they would need some sort of special dispensation to sale and consume alcohol there since it is a State Park. I'm sure a 3 day arrangement can be made with the state.

Do it by PNC Park. Close the streets. Suspend Goodell from the Clemente Bridge in a dunk tank like apparatus. Charge fans ten dollars per toss to hit a target that will eject the commissioner into the river. The city would make millions off this.

• Haha
Reactions: 303vND
tend to agree...I can think of fewer things more boring...never understood the attraction...
I will say that I went down to Union Station for the NFL Draft when KC hosted it, and it’s fun for maybe an hour tops. Kind of hard to hear the actual draft picks.

I'm going, but dressed as a fan of what team ? I want to dress in a perennial losing draft team......

I believe in order for The Point to be the location, they would need some sort of special dispensation to sale and consume alcohol there since it is a State Park. I'm sure a 3 day arrangement can be made with the state.
I don't think they can even do The Point park. Maybe just the fountain.

The Arts Festival, Juneteenth, Pride events were all denied use of the park and all have relocated. By order of Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.

I don't think they can even do The Point park. Maybe just the fountain.

The Arts Festival, Juneteenth, Pride events were all denied use of the park and all have relocated. By order of Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
what part of the absolute power of the shield eludes you?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigChungus90210
Your toxic taxi will scare them off.....rightfully.

That would be a great selling point actually. Let them have the use of my car. Those get pretty really good rates on Turo, which is like an AirBNB for cars.

Took my other car (not electric) to the shop today. $1000 bill. Absolutely done with regular cars. Too many parts. Break down too easily. The upkeep is too much. When you have both, it makes it so apparent which is better. Never again.

That would be a great selling point actually. Let them have the use of my car. Those get pretty really good rates on Turo, which is like an AirBNB for cars.

Took my other car (not electric) to the shop today. $1000 bill. Absolutely done with regular cars. Too many parts. Break down too easily. The upkeep is too much. When you have both, it makes it so apparent which is better. Never again.
Tesla has weekly recalls. Horrible quality. Renting one is a good idea. The novelty is over....EV's were 9.5% of 2022 sales, 8.6% in 2023.

You spent $1,000 to repair?? And the difference in purchase price for each?
Frankly, a hybrid is a better rig at this point. NOT the plug-in, the regenerate.

And we've put 50K in 4 years w/o ANY problems. $30K

They will hold events so that the parking companies on the Northshore can make bank, which probably eliminates Point State Park.

Hotel and restaurant industry one would think...750,000 folks in a three day span does a lot of businesses good..
We haven’t been back since last summer, but what’s the development like at the old Civic Arena? I know the FNB building should be finishing up by now, but it’d be nice if they had more developed around that area before then.

I think the North Shore is the obvious place to setup. A lot of space, restaurants, parking, on the T line. Great view of the city.

Going to put it on in Polish Hill an' at.

south-side-neighborhood-at-sunset-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-usa-BJ1100.jpg

• Love
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Tesla has weekly recalls. Horrible quality. Renting one is a good idea. The novelty is over....EV's were 9.5% of 2022 sales, 8.6% in 2023.

You spent $1,000 to repair?? And the difference in purchase price for each?
Frankly, a hybrid is a better rig at this point. NOT the plug-in, the regenerate.

And we've put 50K in 4 years w/o ANY problems. $30K

I told you 10 times already, those "recalls" are computer updates that run automatically overnight. Not sure what you dont understand about that. I've never brought it in to be serviced.

Also, I dont care what EV sales were. I am telling you I'd never go back. Never need to gas. Never have to get it serviced. The thing drives itself, literally. Every once in awhile, autopilot puts me in Tesla jail for a week for looking at my phone when its self-driving and I cant tell you how bad it sucks to have to drive myself when you are used to relaxing while the car takes you where you need to go.

Never going back.

1. Draws thousands of fans from around the country to Pittsburgh
2. Has a huge economic impact on the city (KC’s economy was +$165M after hosting it in 2023)
3. The city itself is front-and-center for an event that outdraws the NBA and NHL playoffs for TV ratings

Those economic impact numbers are just made up to justify the city spending money to provide services. People will come in from out of the city, and then complain that the city sucks after millions have been spent to provide security and other services for them to have a good time.

Pittsburgh getting the draft was a slam dunk. It was only a matter of 2026 or 2027. I'll be interested to see where they're hosting it.

Reactions: Tucker99
Those economic impact numbers are just made up to justify the city spending money to provide services. People will come in from out of the city, and then complain that the city sucks after millions have been spent to provide security and other services for them to have a good time.
Whether you believe the figures or not, the fact of the matter is that there’s some sort of economic impact due to the shear number of out-of-town visitors to the region.

You're not thinking big enough. Put the green room over on the North Shore and have little, helmet boats, deliver the picks across the river to the main stage.

They considered that, but they worried that fans would sit out in the river and shoot torpedoes at the little boats of the picks or the teams that they didn't like.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT