ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers Nation Protest

Iron99

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2009
Even before last Sunday's anthem fiasco, I had already moved my Jacksonville tickets.

However, kind of wish I was going now, as I think I have a good and doable protest for our "unified and thought provoking Stillers." Rooney, Ben, and more have backtracked since the incident, but the damage was largely done.

Obviously, it would be ridiculous to think anyone who paid for a ticket isn't going to go and it isn't feasible to have everyone enter after the game already starts or something like that. Plus, everyone should be there standing for the anthem, anyway, particularly now after recent events.

My suggestion would be for the individual player intros, they usually individually introduce the starting offense or defense coming out of the tunnel for the game, for all the fans to stand and turn around facing away from the field as they enter and are announced.

It's not much, but it would send the message that you can criticize Trump and politicians all you want (hopefully intelligently and with some tact), but do not even think about disrespecting the flag, anthem, military, and Steelers Nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News