ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers OC

Well, sure, especially since Tomlin’s background is on defense.
He seems like Duzz to me, who talks about spending 85% of the time with the D and seemingly not caring about the offense other than making sure they don't pass the ball too much.

This is why I want the HC to be an offensive guy, I want priority placed above all on scoring TDs fast and often.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082
Lots of play action. Lots of motion. The Steelers do none of that and are the most predictable team in the league that gives away their plays on every down. Combined with Frisco having guys running open on every play…yeah I’d say yinzers find that attractive.
They have excellent offensive players.

You can't run a bunch of play action if you don't run the ball well.

Canada was the king of motions/shifts. Not sure if they do it anymore or not. I haven't watched them more then 5-10 minutes this entire year. I do watch the 49ers quite a bit though.
New stat I found interesting. The best QB in the NFL when running play action is….

Kenny Pickett

So while the Steelers may not do it often, imagine y’all if the Steelers had any kind of a running game. Imagine Kenny Pickett with Christian McCaffrey. Imagine him in you favorite NFL offense. Imagine if the Steelers had an analytics team and coaching staff who realized this???

Imagine if the Steelers had an analytics team and coaching staff who realized this???

I see the Rooneys as being proud of being stupid Yinzers from the '70s, embarrassed to THINK and just wanting to run right at 'em and dare 'em to stop us mano a mano :)

I see the Rooneys as being proud of being stupid Yinzers from the '70s, embarrassed to THINK and just wanting to run right at 'em and dare 'em to stop us mano a mano :)
I think they probably do have some type of analytics person. But again, they only employee about 2/3rds the amount of football people that most teams do. So they probably have an intern with a calculator and a notepad.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
I think they probably do have some type of analytics person. But again, they only employee about 2/3rds the amount of football people that most teams do. So they probably have an intern with a calculator and a notepad.
Of course, if it was good enough for Chief Grandad it's good enough for us. We don't need any newfangled thinkin'

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I've got a weirdly good feeling that the Steelers are going to light up the scoreboard tonight. Could just be my graduation into early-onset Alzheimer's, but I'm thinking we score at least 27 and get over the 400-yard hump.

I recall seeing a podcast with Merrill Hoge and QB7 a few days ago - Sunday night maybe? - and Big Ben was touting Byron Leftwich for the Steelers OC if they choose to dismiss Canada ... I'm pretty sure Leftwich is currently unemployed by any other NFL team ... thoughts? I know he was on the Tampa Bay sideline when Brady was there
Leftwich was great, uh, until he wasn't...nature of the beast..

I've got a weirdly good feeling that the Steelers are going to light up the scoreboard tonight. Could just be my graduation into early-onset Alzheimer's, but I'm thinking we score at least 27 and get over the 400-yard hump.
you can blame twinkle toes Pikens for not making your points number...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT