ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers OC interviews?

MorningCoffee13

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2023
Haven’t seen or heard anything about them interviewing and seeing other teams making hires?

Is it because you cannot talk to guys still in the playoffs? I thought once it was like that but I swore I saw stories of complaints that some Lions assistants and others had interviewed during last week.

If they are waiting I would think an existing OC at the four remaining teams would be not very interested but I could see like a WR coach or someone else being interested.

The Steelers have known for a very long time they would go after someone so why so long to interview?

Reactions: Team_Pitt_Fan
This year they changed the rules around in-person interviewing employed candidates until after the Divisional Playoff round. There are also additional restrictions for teams that are still in the playoffs after that.

Beville from the dolphins name keeps popping up. I've seen Klint Kubiak on a few as well. These are just from your steelers blogs, nothing from Tomlin or Rooney, dont think we'll ever get any actual info unless they announce it, which they wont..

bobby slowik and Public Bienemy seem to be interviewing for HC spots so i doubt they'll be available for coordinator jobs..

Beville from the dolphins name keeps popping up. I've seen Klint Kubiak on a few as well. These are just from your steelers blogs, nothing from Tomlin or Rooney, dont think we'll ever get any actual info unless they announce it, which they wont..

bobby slowik and Public Bienemy seem to be interviewing for HC spots so i doubt they'll be available for coordinator jobs..
Glad bienemy is in line for jobs. He was in Reid’s shadow so no one respected him as much as they should have. Me included. But I liked what he did in Washington and I’d like to see the Steelers give him a look if he doesn’t get a head job.

Glad bienemy is in line for jobs. He was in Reid’s shadow so no one respected him as much as they should have. Me included. But I liked what he did in Washington and I’d like to see the Steelers give him a look if he doesn’t get a head job.
just read up on Klint Kubiak, he's got a nice resume. younger dude but i like him.

would love public bienemy if he isnt given the Redskins HC job..

just read up on Klint Kubiak, he's got a nice resume. younger dude but i like him.

would love public bienemy if he isnt given the Redskins HC job..
Both would be interesting hires. Of course none of us really know…but I think both would be good.

Both would be interesting hires. Of course none of us really know…but I think both would be good.
yeah, like i said, seeing these names on lists from a steeler fan site isnt exactly "inside info." stuff like this gets kept hush hush, we wont know a name until rooney and tomlin want us to know a name..

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Steelers won't be making announcements on who they are interviewing. Probably want to see who doesn't get head coaching jobs. Frank Smith Dolphins & Zach Robinson Rams will probably receive some consideration.

Watching the Redskins offense this season makes Bienemy a big no in my eyes. Never tried to establish a running game, Howell regressed drastically over course of year. McLaurin had a completely uneventful season despite how often they threw the ball. Numerous reports of player unrest with his style. I would have like to see Waldron as he has had success as an OC but he is gone. Slowik would not even listen to Steelers.

yeah, like i said, seeing these names on lists from a steeler fan site isnt exactly "inside info." stuff like this gets kept hush hush, we wont know a name until rooney and tomlin want us to know a name..

Are they able to interview Bienemy yet? He hasn't been terminated by the Commmanders yet.

Well, if the info is correct, about the Rams QB coach then, yes, the Steelers would have to identify who they are interviewing because they have to put in formal requests with other teams to interview guys and that info apparently is released. But according to reports since the guy is a QB coach and OC would be a promotion, the Rams cannot refuse. So this appears to be the Steelers first formal request.

Watching the Redskins offense this season makes Bienemy a big no in my eyes. Never tried to establish a running game, Howell regressed drastically over course of year. McLaurin had a completely uneventful season despite how often they threw the ball. Numerous reports of player unrest with his style. I would have like to see Waldron as he has had success as an OC but he is gone. Slowik would not even listen to Steelers.
Bienemy doesn't run the ball much, but I can't blame him for Howell. There's a reason the guy was a 5th round pick. The offense looked pretty good when they had Jacoby Brissett.

Steelers won't be making announcements on who they are interviewing. Probably want to see who doesn't get head coaching jobs. Frank Smith Dolphins & Zach Robinson Rams will probably receive some consideration.

Report: Steelers, Raiders request to talk to Rams assistant Zac Robinson​

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I saw this earlier. First solid info I have seen.
The only drawback I’d have is that he’s only been in coaching since 2019. For someone who hasn’t played since 2013, you’d expect him to have more than five years of coaching experience. Still, I like the direction they’re going with this.

I want Tomlin to go full Narduzzi and clean house with the offensive staff. I also prefer a younger OC candidate because I want to see someone innovative come in and take control of the offense. Find a proven veteran coach to take over as QB coach and hire a second young candidate as passing game coordinator. Build this offensive staff.

We're also interviewing Kliff Kingsbury and boy am I not a fan. Very uncreative playcalling for a dude who had the #1 overall pick at QB and DeAndre Hopkins. It was really boring Texas Tech Air Raid stuff from 2008. Like just putting 4 WR out there is enough. He totally underwhelmed me.

Reactions: 303vND
We're also interviewing Kliff Kingsbury and boy am I not a fan. Very uncreative playcalling for a dude who had the #1 overall pick at QB and DeAndre Hopkins. It was really boring Texas Tech Air Raid stuff from 2008. Like just putting 4 WR out there is enough. He totally underwhelmed me.
Andrew Fullaballoni also mentioned Arthur Smith, although I haven’t seen that reported anywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT