ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Super Bowl Game Thread

Mahomes already has a ring and just finished playing in one. KC has a lot more talent around Mahomes than Marino had in Miami. Mahomes has the most QB talent of anyone that has played the position. The only thing that would stop him is a serious injury.
Serious injury sure, or an offensive line not blocking or a defense that holds during critical plays. His defense didn’t just hold, they wrapped up and molested. I’m ok with guys fighting for the ball, but KC takes holding to the extreme and it kept drives alive.

Reactions: paschuler1970
Serious injury sure, or an offensive line not blocking or a defense that holds during critical plays. His defense didn’t just hold, they wrapped up and molested. I’m ok with guys fighting for the ball, but KC takes holding to the extreme and it kept drives alive.

Or a coaching change. I could see him hanging it up and giving the reins to Eric Bieniemy in the near future. Heck, could happen in this off-season. And you never know how coordinators turn coaches will turn out.

2006-2009 Big Ben is coming to knock on your door.
On another note the Super Bowl of your team isn’t playing is about hanging with with your closest of friends and tonight kinda sucked having to turn people away. Hopefully next Super Bowl we are back to normal.
Those o-line were bad, but Ben never had to consistently run for his life like Mahomes did last night. The rush was a jailbreak on 75% of the plays.

Reactions: PA_Panther
I know it's hard to do something that you aren't used to doing, but Andy Reid really needed to do something different on offense instead of having Mahomes run for his life. It was a perfect opportunity to do the dink and dunk offense that the Steelers like so much. Bubble screens and similar short passes are easy ways to get the ball into Tyreek Hill's hands, and a player as talented as him needs way more touches in a game of this magnitude.

I also agree with those folks saying Reid didn't do a great job with his timeouts. Plus his defense should have known that the Bucs were going to throw long at the very end of the half, and the one DB was beat by a step, ended up tripping, which resulted in a PI call. Didn't they watch film of the NFC championship game? Yeah I thought the call was questionable but you can't let that guy beat you, even by a step -- especially when you know they are going to try that.

I know it's hard to do something that you aren't used to doing, but Andy Reid really needed to do something different on offense instead of having Mahomes run for his life. It was a perfect opportunity to do the dink and dunk offense that the Steelers like so much. Bubble screens and similar short passes are easy ways to get the ball into Tyreek Hill's hands, and a player as talented as him needs way more touches in a game of this magnitude.

I also agree with those folks saying Reid didn't do a great job with his timeouts. Plus his defense should have known that the Bucs were going to throw long at the very end of the half, and the one DB was beat by a step, ended up tripping, which resulted in a PI call. Didn't they watch film of the NFC championship game? Yeah I thought the call was questionable but you can't let that guy beat you, even by a step -- especially when you know they are going to try that.

I thought that call was correct. The call in the endzone was less clear to me. Either way, I agree with your point. Those timeouts were beyond stupid...you have the ball to start the second half. Run out the clock. Besides, what was their offense going to do in 30 seconds.

And then they get the ball back with time to run one hail mary or something and they take a knee.

Turned into a spectacularly boring game. After KC had to settle for 3 points at the start of the 2nd half I knew it was over.

And although KC secondary was being aggressive, that call on Mathieu was bogus. Ball was 100% uncatchable. Reading this morning he tweeted that Brady called him something "he wouldn't repeat". But then quickly deleted it. And KC had 2 personal fouls called on them in retaliation - it's always the second person who gets blamed. Too many flags in the 1st half.

Turned into a spectacularly boring game. After KC had to settle for 3 points at the start of the 2nd half I knew it was over.

And although KC secondary was being aggressive, that call on Mathieu was bogus. Ball was 100% uncatchable. Reading this morning he tweeted that Brady called him something "he wouldn't repeat". But then quickly deleted it. And KC had 2 personal fouls called on them in retaliation - it's always the second person who gets blamed. Too many flags in the 1st half.

Was the the one in the end zone? That one looked uncatchable. The prior call on the deep ball was catchable, or at least borderline.

KC has no one to blame but themselves. Their D was extremely sloppy and undisciplined. There were also a number of penalties they got away with. Most notably the missed grounding call on their first drive.

I enjoyed the game but then again I was rooting hard against KC.

This was a first half game of who can score points quickly and who can minimize errors. KC offensively didn’t help Mahomes, and KC defensively thought being overly aggressive would go unnoticed. Those holds were all at the worst possible time.
look, I have no idea what Brady said, but one thing is clear, Brady isn’t a guy who just got caught up in the moment, he’s too professional on the field and too seasoned to let a young guy rattle him. I don’t want it to be political either. Twitter is the worst outlet for emotional people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT