ADVERTISEMENT

OT The Final Four Tampa

How many chances can you get in a lifetime to watch Pitt (or anyone for that matter) play in a Final Four?

I work in Tampa and will be there on Thursday. At least now I won’t scare everyone at home when I scream.

Looking forward to this.
H2P
Bring home a win!

Scream like Jamie Lee Curtis.

Funny story. My aunt who passed a bit ago at 99 had just moved into this swanky adult community in St Pete Florida. She was the young one back then. It was the beginning of this thing called HBO, a movie called Alien was the hot Friday premier!

She also hadn't taken the best care of her hearing. The debut of Alien was blasting. Most other tenants had never seen a remote or went to bed at 5. 9pm the cops came crashing into her place. Thought my aunt was being killed. Nope. Just HBO, Alien and an insane entertainment system for the day back in about 1980.

Lastly.

Scream.

Let's go Pitt!!!! HAIL!

How many chances can you get in a lifetime to watch Pitt (or anyone for that matter) play in a Final Four?

I work in Tampa and will be there on Thursday. At least now I won’t scare everyone at home when I scream.

Looking forward to this.
H2P
You may find this app helpful. H2P!

Not gonna lie PITT in a bad spot.

Running 3 in a row looks impossible here with this team.

Ok it doesn’t matter

But the final call was dead ass wrong

Her braid hit the net… WTF?

Can’t there be decent refs in any sport ? NFL, College Football? Basketball? Volleyball?

Bullshit call but Nebraska was going to win anyway

Nebraska was much deeper. Future looks bright for Pitt with the two frosh

Great season by the gals. They can of course be upset that they lost but, certainly not disappointed in the season. I’d always prefer at least getting to the dance rather than not.

Reactions: DruidTM
Bullshit call but Nebraska was going to win anyway

Nebraska was much deeper. Future looks bright for Pitt with the two frosh
Problem is Nebraska is loaded with frosh too.

Can you blame the announcers? As good as Pitt is, Nebraska dominated us. It was an impressive performance by the Cornhusker women.

I agree that we have a lot to be proud of with this program and our team should be congratulated. Making a final four in any sport is a huge accomplishment, and this program has been there 3 times in a row. I'd love to see us get over the hump. Final four next year is in Louisville, maybe we can make it back a 4th time.

This reminds me of the 05 Fiesta against Utah and so many other Pitt moments So much excitement for Pitt "getting to the next level" only to get emphatically bounced by superior teams in anticlimactic fashion. Nebraska is great and deserve the hype from the announcers. They would be idiots to not give them their due for what they did to an excellent Pitt team.

Nebraska doesn't have a single senior. Might as well give them next year too. What a nice young team.

This reminds me of the 05 Fiesta against Utah and so many other Pitt moments So much excitement for Pitt "getting to the next level" only to get emphatically bounced by superior teams in anticlimactic fashion. Nebraska is great and deserve the hype from the announcers. They would be idiots to not give them their due for what they did to an excellent Pitt team.
There is absolutely no comparison between the two. We backed into the Fiesta and had no chance at winning it all. The volleyball team made the Final 4 three straight years. That is the equivalent to Pitt Football 1975-1982.

Yeah I don’t get the Fiesta comparison at all…. Maybe it’s recency bias but… no … just no.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Nebraska is really good but Pitt did not come close to playing their best. Lots of u forced errors in the first set and even the third. I’m not sure Pitt could beat them even if they played their best because tonite Nebraska played almost flawless. Very deep and talented team

Just use the football NIL money to bring over the better Nebraska players for next season. It won't help football win anything, but could help volleyball win a championship.

Good news is being one of the elite programs in the country Fisher should be able to add really good players from the transfer portal

They ran into a buzzsaw while not playing their best. Didn't have the crowd to help either. Christ, half the state of Nebraska was there.

A colleague from Nebraska texted me condolences after the game. Said getting a women's VB ticket is much, much harder than football.

Proud of the ladies. Great season!

Texas and Wisconsin would have been better matchups. Pitt ran into a buzz saw. #27 was phenomenal and was the difference

Reactions: ThePanthers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT