ADVERTISEMENT

OT : Utility Company Easements

QuarryG

Walk-on
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2012
Sorry to post here with the football season on top of us, but I'm not sure where else to ask anyone about this. Does anyone have any knowledge of utility company easements and/or work for a utility company? I have a property that both a power line and a transmission gas line pass through. I understand that the utility companies have easements and they can access the lines/property through those easements, via on foot or vehicle or whatever.

However, recently I have had workers from West Penn Power, First Energy, and Columbia gas walking / driving all over the property - not near the lines. More specifically the power company (the gas company mostly stayed on the line but strayed a bit to get a tractor around). The power company guys are walking all over the property and not just on the lines, and also recently had a side by side with tanker tracks driving around. I know this may be futile to some - but I bow hunt on the property and have trees and plants planted all over with the understanding that no one would be driving vehicles in those areas. I've put in a lot of time and money into this (it's a hobby that most don't understand but one that I am fully invested in it), and they are doing damage to the habitat with the vehicles on non-line areas and chasing any deer out of there every time they come through.

Has anyone ever had an issue with utility easements not being followed? I know it's a long shot but figured I'd ask here as I've seen some random things figured out before. I have a friend who is debating signing an easement contract for a new power line, and this is definitely making him second guess that. Looking forward to getting back to football on Saturday.

Reactions: CMUandPitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News