ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Was this a wrong thing to do?

Yes 100%. You have no clue what that person is going through. They may have just lost a love one and now they have to deal with the repercussions of thinking they had time off. Just because you thought it was funny to mess with someone who may have simply mistyped a digit because they are an emotional rest. Then you run to the message board because you are so proud of what a jerk you are.

Why is it so hard for people to be kind to each other?

Yes 100%. You have no clue what that person is going through. They may have just lost a love one and now they have to deal with the repercussions of thinking they had time off. Just because you thought it was funny to mess with someone who may have simply mistyped a digit because they are an emotional rest. Then you run to the message board because you are so proud of what a jerk you are.

It was a joke.

Someone mistakenly called my phone today thinking that I was his boss and begged for 2 days off work and I gave him 1 month off.
This isn't a rotary phone era. If they thought you were their boss, that's on them for A: calling the wrong number and B: not recognizing the boss's voice.

My personal favorite is when a telemarketer calls me but asks for a woman's name. I always answer that "yes this is me...Ethel "

The other favorite one of mine is when someone calls asking if I am willing to sell my house. I always say yes and wait for their boss to call me back...then I ask for 7.5 million for my home and when they end the call, I always call them back repeatedly until they block me. Then I grab my wife's phone and call them from her number.

Are you serious?

Oh my gosh, dude. This reminds me of the people who take the posts on Quora seriously.

"I just knocked up my 22-year-old cat. What do I do?! She's too old to have another litter. Anybody?????"

this reminds me of the joke when a husband receives a phone call asking if he can speak to Lisa. The husband asks who is this and the man on the other line says "her boyfriend."

"her boyfriend" screams the husband? She's my wife. the man on the other line is upset and confused and says "how can she be married, i've been paying all of her credit card bills, her cell phone bill and giving her 500 dollars a week?"

The married man says "you've been paying all her bills, her cell phone and giving her 500 dollars a week?" and the man says "yes."

The married man then says, "oh man, im just messing with you, im her brother, Lisa is here, i'll go get her."

Could have been one of those calls or texts you don’t answer, a scam
I've gotten texts from a "woman" who when I tell her that she has the wrong person responds "so sorry, thank you for letting me know". Then she follows up with a text that says "you seem like a great guy" and goes on to ask where I live and that kind of thing. Fortunately I'm not interested nor am I dumb enough to think that "she" was in to me and I don't respond.

I don't quite understand what the scam is. I assume a text at some point would ask for money or something. Anyone run into this?

I've gotten texts from a "woman" who when I tell her that she has the wrong person responds "so sorry, thank you for letting me know". Then she follows up with a text that says "you seem like a great guy" and goes on to ask where I live and that kind of thing. Fortunately I'm not interested nor am I dumb enough to think that "she" was in to me and I don't respond.

I don't quite understand what the scam is. I assume a text at some point would ask for money or something. Anyone run into this?
In video games with chats. I get (usually) Asian girls wanting to chat on WhatsApp or discord. I have no idea of the scam though as I’m not interested in taking it far enough to find out.

Damn, the exact same thing happened to that guy that happened to you! And he responded exactly the same way!
He's a jerk and a liar!

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

In video games with chats. I get (usually) Asian girls wanting to chat on WhatsApp or discord. I have no idea of the scam though as I’m not interested in taking it far enough to find out.
Yep. I'm curious about what the scam is, but not willing to play along to find out. I assume some sort of catfishing where they try to gain your trust and then ask for money for some reason or another or try to somehow extort money out of you. There was a sad case in the town next to mine where a kid got catfished online and ended up committing suicide. There is a special place in hell for these a-holes.

this reminds me of the joke when a husband receives a phone call asking if he can speak to Lisa. The husband asks who is this and the man on the other line says "her boyfriend."

"her boyfriend" screams the husband? She's my wife. the man on the other line is upset and confused and says "how can she be married, i've been paying all of her credit card bills, her cell phone bill and giving her 500 dollars a week?"

The married man says "you've been paying all her bills, her cell phone and giving her 500 dollars a week?" and the man says "yes."

The married man then says, "oh man, im just messing with you, im her brother, Lisa is here, i'll go get her."
OR the old one about the wife who was performing an "ACT" on the side to make extra $$.
The husband finds out, and asks her how much she made.
She says $150.25
He says, HMMM. Not bad. But who's the cheap bustard who only gave you a quarter?
She says, All of them!

I've had a few find my Telegram account. The ones that have contacted me almost always claim to own a salon or fashion importing business in New York City and supplement their income with crypto currency investment. After introducing themselves they are excited to be forging a friendship with me and want to teach me the ins and outs of crypto currency investment so I can make about $10,000/day on the crypto market just like them!

They usually want you to sign up for an account on a legitimate cyrpto exchange like cyrpto.com, but since I've never taken any of them up on their offer to turn me into a crypto millionaire; I have no idea what the end game of the scam is.

I'm assuming they eventually try to trick you into turning your cypto assets over to them to fix and investment "mistake" you made; or the scam is a whole network of scammers just getting people to continue to dump money into the crypto market, so values stay inflated for the sake of their own holdings.

The times I've been contacted by someone running this ruse they are generally only dealing in bitcoin or Ethereum and they say they earn the money in short term holds, usually buying then selling at profit minutes later. All I could think when they described the process is that if it did work the way they said, there has got to be some angle to it that would wind someone up in prison.

Yes I have gotten a couple of those and end them quickly

I've had a few find my Telegram account. The ones that have contacted me almost always claim to own a salon or fashion importing business in New York City and supplement their income with crypto currency investment. After introducing themselves they are excited to be forging a friendship with me and want to teach me the ins and outs of crypto currency investment so I can make about $10,000/day on the crypto market just like them!

They usually want you to sign up for an account on a legitimate cyrpto exchange like cyrpto.com, but since I've never taken any of them up on their offer to turn me into a crypto millionaire; I have no idea what the end game of the scam is.

I'm assuming they eventually try to trick you into turning your cypto assets over to them to fix and investment "mistake" you made; or the scam is a whole network of scammers just getting people to continue to dump money into the crypto market, so values stay inflated for the sake of their own holdings.

The times I've been contacted by someone running this ruse they are generally only dealing in bitcoin or Ethereum and they say they earn the money in short term holds, usually buying then selling at profit minutes later. All I could think when they described the process is that if it did work the way they said, there has got to be some angle to it that would wind someone up in prison.
Anyone who would think about this for more than a nano second kind of deserves anything that happens to them!

I had that one too. Some smoking hot young lady (according to the pics) DMd me on Twitter. Said she’s from France, living in California and sells high end French Bordeaux. But she makes most of her money investing in crypto. What made it interesting is that I called her out asking why a smoking hot young lady would contact an older man who is a complete stranger. She decided to stop pursuing whatever her angle was at that point.

This isn't a rotary phone era. If they thought you were their boss, that's on them for A: calling the wrong number and B: not recognizing the boss's voice.

My personal favorite is when a telemarketer calls me but asks for a woman's name. I always answer that "yes this is me...Ethel "

The other favorite one of mine is when someone calls asking if I am willing to sell my house. I always say yes and wait for their boss to call me back...then I ask for 7.5 million for my home and when they end the call, I always call them back repeatedly until they block me. Then I grab my wife's phone and call them from her number.
Wow. I want to live your life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT