ADVERTISEMENT

OT: WHO says it’s “very rare” for asymptomatic carries to spread COVID-19

IDK how they can feel that confident on this though. I still find it hard to believe all those people who got infected at the start in NY were coughing and sneezing over each other. It can spread by long dialogue I guess, but the person has to be sick it sounds like.

IDK how they can feel that confident on this though. I still find it hard to believe all those people who got infected at the start in NY were coughing and sneezing over each other. It can spread by long dialogue I guess, but the person has to be sick it sounds like.
That’s what I thought as well. Just hoping this is true because we could use some good news right now.

Reactions: TFBaum

their data is anecdotal from what i can tell. just information from contact tracing. that doesn't mean anything.

their data is anecdotal from what i can tell. just information from contact tracing. that doesn't mean anything.
Hasn’t all data and conclusions been anecdotal to some degree? I just don’t know what to do. I am not suggesting they are doing this on purpose.

I also assume they are counting presymptomatic different than asymptomatic spread. A person is presymptomatic a little longer than your common cold (they say 14 days, but most people that show symptoms are in the 3-5 day range). Still if this is true, its a good sign.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
When was the start?

Nope. It doesn’t. I’m big on facts which have no political slant.

I honestly didn’t know it was being studied. Hope they find something that works.
Why didn’t you do literally one minute of research?

Instead you criticized, maybe even more accurately, you just made fun. Not very productive, but completely political.

So they also estimate 84% of asymptomatic carriers don't transmit the virus?

i'm not real high on "estimations" re: covid right now. the only thing we really know has been known since january: isolation, testing, and tracing positively effect transmission rates.

Maybe it’s just me, but there seems to be a burnout regarding CV-19, especially with the other events happening in our country. Is anyone going to truly care about coronavirus Sept 1 if things continue on this current projection?

Maybe it’s just me, but there seems to be a burnout regarding CV-19, especially with the other events happening in our country. Is anyone going to truly care about coronavirus Sept 1 if things continue on this current projection?

The projection in this country is going in different directions. The Northeast has been in decline. Some southern states are potentially alarming.

And in Arizona

And with things opening up and people going out more and more, in addition to the marches, we have to wait and see what happens.

in other words, don't believe anything the so-called "experts" are saying. Frankly, they're only experts in their eyes. From what I've seen, they aren't experts at anything except getting it wrong.

Use you common sense. That's the best advice. Avoid people who are coughing and sneezing and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Wash your hands frequently. Just like it used to be all the time, except now people are aware of it more.

Reactions: Farnox
in other words, don't believe anything the so-called "experts" are saying. Frankly, they're only experts in their eyes. From what I've seen, they aren't experts at anything except getting it wrong.

Use you common sense. That's the best advice. Avoid people who are coughing and sneezing and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Wash your hands frequently. Just like it used to be all the time, except now people are aware of it more.
How do you know when someone is going to sneeze?
Asking for a friend.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Farnox

The so-called "experts" know more about this situation than the rest of us do, so why would you suggest to disbelieve everything that they say? The reality is that no one knew how this virus would behave, they could only make projections based on how similar viruses had behaved in the past. As more information has become available, they know more about it. And there is still much that is still unknown, particularly as it mutates in different populations.

The projection in this country is going in different directions. The Northeast has been in decline. Some southern states are potentially alarming.

And in Arizona

And with things opening up and people going out more and more, in addition to the marches, we have to wait and see what happens.
Wonder if Arizona's cases are coming from Mexico. I have read that things are pretty bad south of the border

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT