ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who should light torch in LA?

is 3 on 3 halfcourt basketball really a thing? I cant tell whats real anymore and whats satire..

Yea. There are too many hobbies that are in the Olympics. 3 on 3 basketball. Why not 1 on 1? Why not knockout? Why not soccer freestyle (doing fancy tricks individually)?

Break dancing, golf, shooting, skateboarding, surfing, these are what I would call hobbies. Also, how the heck doesn't the US win gold every time in shooting? That's a sport we should dominate.

Yea. There are too many hobbies that are in the Olympics. 3 on 3 basketball. Why not 1 on 1? Why not knockout? Why not soccer freestyle (doing fancy tricks individually)?

Break dancing, golf, shooting, skateboarding, surfing, these are what I would call hobbies. Also, how the heck doesn't the US win gold every time in shooting? That's a sport we should dominate.
I know you are not a fan of wrestling, but to think that 10 years ago the Olympic committee tried to get rid of it for some of these other sports is insane.

I know you are not a fan of wrestling, but to think that 10 years ago the Olympic committee tried to get rid of it for some of these other sports is insane.
I was just discussing this with a buddy. Wrestling was one of a few original Olympic sports and they wanted to jettison it. Unreal.

Reactions: Mikefln
So who gets the honor? Some that come to mind could be Kerri Strung, Carl Lewis (though he was just involved in Paris), Phelps/Spitz, etc. it could be cool to have the dream team involved, especially magic Johnson given LA ties. But seriously who will do it?
Did you mean, "Who gets the honor to torch LA"?

Reactions: NTOP
I hope MLB does the right thing and takes a break during the Olympics and allows its players to play. I know we have the World Baseball Classic but that's during Spring Training at a weird time. This is a once every 30 or so years Summer Olympics in the US. They should make the exception. Start the MLB season a week early and maybe have the All-Star Game maybe on the Saturday or Sunday evening of the Gold Medal game. Gold Medal game at 3PM Eastern at Dodger Stadium. All-Star Game at 8PM in a non-MLB city (so to not penalize the MLB team which gets to host a game with a lot of missing stars) like maybe Omaha.
So which Caribbean Nation wins??

So who gets the honor? Some that come to mind could be Kerri Strung, Carl Lewis (though he was just involved in Paris), Phelps/Spitz, etc. it could be cool to have the dream team involved, especially magic Johnson given LA ties. But seriously who will do it?
Snoop. He’s lit plenty in his day.

Reactions: ratking17
Snoop lighting the Olympic torch? No thanks. It needs to be a gold medal winning US athlete.

its-true-gif-kurt-angle.gif

Last edited:

honestly, 1 on 1 hoops sounds great. I’d watch that .

Evander Holyfield

It's Hollywood, either Tupac's hologram or this guy.

Choosing Caitlin Jenner would anger everyone on both sides of the aisle, so if that’s what it takes to unify the country, I’m all for it.

If we are being serious, it has to be the greatest olympian of all time, doesn't it? That would be Michael Phelps.

Mark Spitz.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT