ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Worst Men’s Fashion Trend

If you know a lot of men who wear yellow jean shorts and Stiller socks I have to wonder what sort of people you frequent!

:D
Normal people, all walks of life, professionals, business owners, mailmen, teachers, sales people, IT people, blue collar people, lawyers, doctors, all kinds of people of all types have frequented that club over the years. Maybe you don't get out enough?

Normal people do not wear yellow jean shorts. Not now, not ever.
There's no rules as to what people can wear. I saw these shorts and actually bought them with the thought of wearing them with Steelers and Pitt gear. because they match, game day apparel.

I do enjoy all the attention YOU OLD PEOPLE give me over what I wear! At 59, you make me feel young again.

Today is Steelers game day, going with a 1997 Greg Lloyd jersey with yellow jean shorts and Steelers socks.
Laughing at a 60 year old wearing a jersey, yellow jean shorts, and team socks isn't a generational or maturity issue.

Your poor, poor daughter.

There's no rules as to what people can wear. I saw these shorts and actually bought them with the thought of wearing them with Steelers and Pitt gear. because they match, game day apparel.
It certainly isn't a rule, but there are definitely norms and acceptability. Wearing jean shorts of any kind is bad. Yellow jean shorts? My goodness.

Laughing at a 60 year old wearing a jersey, yellow jean shorts, and team socks isn't a generational or maturity issue.

Your poor, poor daughter.
What exactly is it then? My daughter has a dad, highly respected in his profession, 6 figure salary, 32 years experience,active in her school, providing her with everything she needs! Involved in her life constantly from day one, missing employment advancement opportunities to make sure I am always there for her, I never hear any complaints from her Mr. Cleaver. It's a Sunday afternoon, have you decided which tie you are going to wear while you watch the game tonight?

It certainly isn't a rule, but there are definitely norms and acceptability. Wearing jean shorts of any kind is bad. Yellow jean shorts? My goodness.
My Goodness June! What's bad about it Mr. Cleaver?

My daughter actually bought me the Steelers socks for Christmas a few years back, I only wear them a few times a year and only on Steelers game days.

Honestly, you people are weird and uptight! You never loosen up and dress FUN! Are you like salesmen or some BS job where perception and appearance matters?

My job is about skill and ability, the kind of job where you can dress how you feel like and the people who need to wear suits to stay employed leave you alone because they can't do what you do,

Do they even make yellow jean shorts for men? I googled yellow shorts and only womens short came up.

I have no problem wearing Jersey’s.

Who wears a watch anymore? Only watches I see are smart watches.

Do they even make yellow jean shorts for men? I googled yellow shorts and only womens short came up.

I have no problem wearing Jersey’s.

Who wears a watch anymore? Only watches I see are smart watches.
I got the shorts at Marshall's one of those discount stores about 15 years ago. And I still wear a watch, why not? I don't want to have to reach for my phone every time I want to know the time, I actually still listen to CDs, I don't feel limited to just do what is the norm, I do what I want instead. Most of you seem too concerned with what others might find acceptable or what they might think of you. I don't care about any of that.

Reactions: Mikefln
I got the shorts at Marshall's one of those discount stores about 15 years ago. And I still wear a watch, why not? I don't want to have to reach for my phone every time I want to know the time, I actually still listen to CDs, I don't feel limited to just do what is the norm, I do what I want instead. Most of you seem too concerned with what others might find acceptable or what they might think of you. I don't care about any of that.
You care very much

79 doesn't find anything wrong with a man wearing a pair of women's shorts. What are you, some sort of Ward Cleaver?
Ozzie Nelson not at all pleased.

Can the Oz get a little juice....he cut the grass in a button downed sweater, and supported the family on no job.

You care very much
I clearly don't care about dressing within norms that others find acceptable. But yeah, I do enjoy letting everyone HERE know that the rules they apply to acceptable dressing won't be something I care about. But, until I read the stuff on this board I never thought there was anything unusual about how I dress?

Ozzie Nelson not at all pleased.

Can the Oz get a little juice....he cut the grass in a button downed sweater, and supported the family on no job.
I have a neighbor that mows the lawn in a dress shirt and dress "slacks"

Why does that seem to bother you when you promote this No holds barred clothing attitude...including some of the crap you like so much.
Because it makes no sense, everything I do is about utility, comfort and fun, dress clothes especially to do physical work are a burden bordering on painful to wear

Because it makes no sense, everything I do is about utility, comfort and fun, dress clothes especially to do physical work are a burden bordering on painful to wear
Then bug off about the slacks; to that guy maybe it’s fine and comfy.....

Btw, you didn’t find those shorts at lululemon in Shadyside did you????

Then bug off about the slacks; to that guy maybe it’s fine and comfy.....

Btw, you didn’t find those shorts at lululemon in Shadyside did you????
No, at Marshalls, about 15 years ago, it's not exactly pure yellow, like a stonewashed yellowish, has a pocket on the side for my phone,

Reactions: paulbl99

I sometimes wear a long sleeve oxford to do yard work. Its loose fitting and old. I like it because it covers my arms when I'm trimming trees or bushes...prevents scratches and lately my skin seems sensitive to weeds.

I do have a pair of old khakis I will do yard work in. They are old and more comfortable than jeans.

i get annoyed by men that golf in jeans. I don't know why but it really bothers me. Not sure if it's a fashion goof or it's just me..

I've finally retired "jersey" wearing. Im past the age where it's acceptable, even at games. but that's my opinion and I hold no ill will for anyone who chooses to go this route.. If you want to wear a jersey to a game, that's your call and you deserve no ridicule or scorn..

Wearing watches is a fashion that's dying. I never did cause I just didn't like it but I think a guy with a nice watch, that's a good look. Maybe im just too cheap to buy a nice enough watch worth wearing..

i get annoyed by men that golf in jeans. I don't know why but it really bothers me. Not sure if it's a fashion goof or it's just me..

I've finally retired "jersey" wearing. Im past the age where it's acceptable, even at games. but that's my opinion and I hold no ill will for anyone who chooses to go this route.. If you want to wear a jersey to a game, that's your call and you deserve no ridicule or scorn..

Wearing watches is a fashion that's dying. I never did cause I just didn't like it but I think a guy with a nice watch, that's a good look. Maybe im just too cheap to buy a nice enough watch worth wearing..
Gotta go bingo on the jeans on golf courses....it is gauche; regardless if ‘79 is a fan.....
But love watches, reasonable priced self winders preferably.....never spend big on quartz.

As an aside.....golf evolution/progression took away two of the best sounds there ever was...

The sound of a well struck ball coming off a wooden driver, and the click of steel cleats on concrete while walking to and from the course.

Reactions: Ski11585

I wear watches less and less. Never cared for them. I'm left handed and they really seem be bothersome when writing. Even my nicer watches I wear with formal attire aren't high end....basic face and black leather band.

Has anyone else noticed women wearing what appear to be slippers in public?

They appear to be a certain brand. Slip-ons with no back, furry around the top? Basically they look like crocs but not hard plastic - with fur on them.....they are hideous. Told my wife if I ever see her in public with those on I will begin the divorce papers.

I need more variety in button downs. I need something that I could wear with a tie but normally will not wear with a tie. Right now I mostly wear Ben Shermans and have a few Penguin shirts. Any good deals online? I am tired of hitting up McKnightmare Road

Thoughts? Something something cargo shots, tarp the Nordstrom Rack, Walt last seen at Off Saks?

People who like watches wear watches.
I like watches, but it goes further for me. I have meetings where I need to keep track of the time, and I don't want to be rude by taking my phone out of my pocket to check the time.

Yes, I said it, I'm old school enough to admit that I think it's rude for one to take his phone out of his pocket during a one on one meeting. Frankly, any meeting that isn't an informal one between coworkers.

I turn my ringer off, and leave my phone in my pocket when I'm with someone while conducting business.

Looking at a phone (for the time; at an email or a text message; etc.) tells the other person that he's not the most important thing on my mind at that moment; and it rude.

I like watches, but it goes further for me. I have meetings where I need to keep track of the time, and I don't want to be rude by taking my phone out of my pocket to check the time.

Yes, I said it, I'm old school enough to admit that I think it's rude for one to take his phone out of his pocket during a one on one meeting. Frankly, any meeting that isn't an informal one between coworkers.

I turn my ringer off, and leave my phone in my pocket when I'm with someone while conducting business.

Looking at a phone (for the time; at an email or a text message; etc.) tells the other person that he's not the most important thing on my mind at that moment; and it rude.
Pulling out cell phone to check time in most situations is in very poor taste. In professional setting, it should of never be done. Back when I was in sales, I always kept phone in car during meetings.

Someone pulls out phone to check time or texts/emails in a business setting is an ass clown, or worse, a millennial.

Pulling out cell phone to check time in most situations is in very poor taste. In professional setting, it should of never be done. Back when I was in sales, I always kept phone in car during meetings.

Someone pulls out phone to check time or texts/emails in a business setting is an ass clown, or worse, a millennial.
I always do that! LOL! Maybe to check the time, and always read any texts or messages that I get as they come in, unless of course I'm speaking or leading the meeting, otherwise, I look at it and even reply to messages during any meeting. Not a one on one meeting, but even then, I at least look at it. What if it's something more important than the meeting? Like for me, my daughter is more important than my job, so if something was going on with her, I'd ALWAYS prioritize that over my work.

Nobody in our company at ANY level keeps their cell phone in their pocket. It’s right next to their laptop on the table in any meeting.

Do you guys actually have meetings where everybody doesn’t have a laptop with them?

I do respect that you are your own man and you do your thing. You are a character that provides intrigue in what would be an otherwise boring topic.

I agree for the most part. There are exceptions. I have a 6 hour meeting every Tuesday that is the Pitts (see what I did there). The leader expects us to multitask because of length and frequency of the meeting.

The other exception is if you know before hand of an important call coming. Inform the people beforehand that you may need to step out if you receive the call. No need to get into specifics but explain why it would be important (waiting for a call from my doctors, wife is pregnant, etc) If you do receive it during the meeting try to be breif so you can get back to the meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT