ADVERTISEMENT

Our bball coaches

pparkins

Prep
Aug 11, 2018
After the recent surprise win by Nicholla State over Pitt, the Coach was interviewed and said he took the blame for the loss as we were not prepared.I was surprised and disappointed by this statement as we should be prepared for every game by our bevy of high paying coaches irrespective of whether it is UNC or Nicholla.You can rest assured that Bob Huggins will have his teams prepared and that is one of the reasons why WV has had a number of successful seasons.

After the recent surprise win by Nicholla State over Pitt, the Coach was interviewed and said he took the blame for the loss as we were not prepared.I was surprised and disappointed by this statement as we should be prepared for every game by our bevy of high paying coaches irrespective of whether it is UNC or Nicholla.You can rest assured that Bob Huggins will have his teams prepared and that is one of the reasons why WV has had a number of successful seasons.

He took part of the blame. He also blamed the players, who thought they could just show up and win because everyone told them how good they were after the FSU win. He was 100% correct.

WVU was 15-21 last year because they lost one player to injury, despite Huggins being at WVU for 12 years. That shouldn’t happen.

Huggins is a no-nonsense coach and his personality is perfect for WVU. He also has several transfers leaving every year. AND they have stinker games too.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Wv has had let downs too some teams go through this especially if they're freshmen and sophomores and new guys who hasn't played together. Huggins is a good coach but lets not put him on a pedestal because he's not a national championship coach.

A classic Seinfeld involved a breakup by George where he tried to get out front of the story & take the blame himself--
"It's not you, it's me," he declared without conviction.
You knew what he meant.

Coachspeak is the same.
"It's my fault" or "I'll have to take the blame,." always means that the players screwed it up.

Having become a WVU/Huggy fan during the Stallings' death march, I can confirm that Huggy speaks the same language.
He's a big "I must not be communicating clearly" guy. When he says this, he's not blaming himself. No coach does.

Do you want the coach to put the blame entirely on his players ? He’s the coach even when his players screw up he’s the one who falls on the sword .

You can also rest assured that when WVU loses one they shouldn't, Huggy is quick to take fault and say he didn't have his team well-prepared. Other guys that do that: Izzo, Calipari, Coach K, Roy Willy, Bill Self, John Beilein, and just about every other coach that has ever coached So to summarize my thoughts on your post,

giphy.gif

He took part of the blame. He also blamed the players, who thought they could just show up and win because everyone told them how good they were after the FSU win. He was 100% correct.

WVU was 15-21 last year because they lost one player to injury, despite Huggins being at WVU for 12 years. That shouldn’t happen.

1000% agree with this. Beilein and Huggs have elevated our program to an entirely different level than the Catlett years and last year was unacceptable. It’s why I don’t believe it’ll happen again. Our program is accustomed to 3-5 seeds. Not 8-10 seeds or not even making the dance.

A classic Seinfeld involved a breakup by George where he tried to get out front of the story & take the blame himself--
"It's not you, it's me," he declared without conviction.
You knew what he meant.

Coachspeak is the same.
"It's my fault" or "I'll have to take the blame,." always means that the players screwed it up.

Having become a WVU/Huggy fan during the Stallings' death march, I can confirm that Huggy speaks the same language.
He's a big "I must not be communicating clearly" guy. When he says this, he's not blaming himself. No coach does.

Huggy calls out his players sometimes and I love that about him. I actually LIKE Bob Huggins and the funny thing is that I think a lot of Pitt fans do. We don't like WVU, but Huggins seems like a heck of a cool guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT