ADVERTISEMENT

Our coaching (staff) has markedly improved...

pelfrey

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2008
Now there's a good click bait headline, right Lair-Men and women?

Here's my take:

First, a coaching staff, and particularly a head coach, are brought in to recruit and win. So, stripping out all of the drama and questionable game-day coaching decisions, we are recruiting better and we are beginning to see the results on the field. We won the Coastal last year, and this year we are 6-3, and most important, I think we all expect to win each and every week.

Think about that for a second.

I mean, think how disappointed (pissed off) after the Miami loss. We were the better team. We SHOULD have won. Two years ago when we beat them, it was "holy cow, we beat MIAMI!"

Game prep is pretty darned good. Look at how we played Penn State to a virtual draw on their field. Looking at what PSU is doing this year, that's pretty damned impressive. HCPN knows his x's and o's, he finally has the players -- on defense -- that can dominate.

His assistants, including Partridge, Whipple (he just needs some talent to work with), Beatty (see yesterday's recruit commitment), Collins...are excellent.

Now, we all know the blind spots. We need play makers...we currently have two teams -- a great defense, and a pretty lousy offense. Additionally, HCPN can use a sideline coach to help him during high stress game time decisions. For those of you who think, "c'mon, the head coach should be equipped to handle that...", well, perhaps you're not wrong, but no one is perfect and I think a "game manager" type in HCPN's ear on the sideline might win us an extra game or two during a season.

Net net, we are improving. Bullish on the future and you have to give Narduzzi credit. He's the CEO and the program's stock is up from five years ago. Now, let's get some play makers on the offensive side of the ball...

H2P!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News