ADVERTISEMENT

Pack the Pitch!

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Hey, I just made that up. Dang, I should be in marketing. Anyway, the men's soccer team plays at 8 tonight vs #25 Colgate. This Pitt team is still very young but is very talented. Their schedule is ridiculously tough so a record just over .500 will get them into the NCAA Tournament. I woulf guess that is the team's expectation. They will have a freshman GK from NYCFC and the USMNT youth teams. Also, a freshman defender from DC United and the USMNT U20 team. There are other MLS academy players in this, the #5 recruiting class along with 2 Brazilians from the #1 HS program, Montverde.

This team can be really good, deep NCAAT run good. But the schedule is so tough, just making it will be a challenge.

I encourage you to make it out to a few games. Its a nice, cozy venue and its small enough that 500-1000 fans really makes a great atmosphere.

Thanks, look like its on accn on the espnwatch app. The woman are on at 5 against kent

Hey, I just made that up. Dang, I should be in marketing. Anyway, the men's soccer team plays at 8 tonight vs #25 Colgate. This Pitt team is still very young but is very talented. Their schedule is ridiculously tough so a record just over .500 will get them into the NCAA Tournament. I woulf guess that is the team's expectation. They will have a freshman GK from NYCFC and the USMNT youth teams. Also, a freshman defender from DC United and the USMNT U20 team. There are other MLS academy players in this, the #5 recruiting class along with 2 Brazilians from the #1 HS program, Montverde.

This team can be really good, deep NCAAT run good. But the schedule is so tough, just making it will be a challenge.

I encourage you to make it out to a few games. Its a nice, cozy venue and its small enough that 500-1000 fans really makes a great atmosphere.
what is the Pitch?

It seems pitt was pushing them the 2nd half but once colgate scored colgate really hunkered down on defense. Too bad, pitt looked good.

Pack the pitch is stupid.......

Glad we kicked the Limeys out of here centuries ago.............we would not have our National Pastime, baseball.

In England anyone with any get up and go, already got up and left long ago....

I hate Americans using words like pitch. Or nil, or kit, or side or any of that BS. Use FIELD, ZERO, UNIFORM, TEAM. For soccer We need to stop having English TV announcers and using their terminology and use the American words. Sorry, we need to make it our own.
I find that stuff really annoying as well. I have a friend who is really into Liverpool and the rest of the Barclays Premier League and when he uses the word "nil", it takes all of my self control to not smack him across the head.

Who cares about college soccer?
People in this country don't care about pro soccer.
The Euro's should learn how to say field.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Colgate wins, 1-0
A real Barn Burner eeeeyyyyy. Oh sorry that's Canadian not Euro.
The Canadians are smart they focus on hockey a real sport and leave soccer to the others.

Signed:Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

It seems pitt was pushing them the 2nd half but once colgate scored colgate really hunkered down on defense. Too bad, pitt looked good.

That's what I don't like about the sport the most. Some teams, get a goal and forget it, they go all New Jersey Devil on you, don't attack at all, just pack in and play defense. That's what makes soccer boring and sucks the life out of it.

I hate Americans using words like pitch. Or nil, or kit, or side or any of that BS. Use FIELD, ZERO, UNIFORM, TEAM. For soccer We need to stop having English TV announcers and using their terminology and use the American words. Sorry, we need to make it our own.

Agree and I make fun of those who use that terminology. Also...1 v 1. For whatever reason, I hate that. It is 1 ON 1.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

You just started a thread about golf. No one under 30 ever heard of golf.

Colgate wins, 1-0
A real Barn Burner eeeeyyyyy. Oh sorry that's Canadian not Euro.
The Canadians are smart they focus on hockey a real sport and leave soccer to the others.

Signed:Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

This guy is insane. Golf and hockey are real sports but soccer isn't?

I'll bet you'd say auto racing is a real sport but rugby isn't also. I know why.

Pack the pitch is stupid.......

Glad we kicked the Limeys out of here centuries ago.............we would not have our National Pastime, baseball.

In England anyone with any get up and go, already got up and left long ago....

Thank God soccer is coming in now! Baseball is so damn boring! I can't stomach watching even an at bat! It's so sleep inducing, I haven't watched a game on TV since before 1993. It's amazing that people watch baseball, then say that soccer is boring? Are you serious? Baseball sucks donkey dickk.

Reactions: jctrack

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
A lot of people care about soccer today. I thank God for soccer or there would be ABSLOLUTELY NO SPORTS to watch between the end of hockey and basketball until football. Soccer fills a void in the summer because no watchable sports are played in the summer.

This guy is insane. Golf and hockey are real sports but soccer isn't?

I'll bet you'd say auto racing is a real sport but rugby isn't also. I know why.
He probably watches that snoozefest, baseball, then says that soccer is boring? Which makes me laugh. Baseball is mostly 2 guys playing catch with a guy holding a bat trying to draw a walk, then if he can't do that striking out, almost no action, even if the ball is put in play once every 15 minutes, maybe 2-3 out of 9 guys might move and the rest stand there scratching their nuts and spitting.

You just started a thread about golf. No one under 30 ever heard of golf.
The median age of baseball fans is 57! I'm so encouraged and feel so great that young people aren't buying into this pseudo sport. It sucks, no sport is more boring.

No need to get so brassed off over some blokes talking rubbish in the pub.

Reactions: Pitt79
The median age of baseball fans is 57! I'm so encouraged and feel so great that young people aren't buying into this pseudo sport. It sucks, no sport is more boring.

Dude, outside of you must have really sucking at baseball and got made fun of, your hatred and over the top reaction to baseball is absurd. We get it, you don't like it, but if others like it, so what? How does that hurt you? I hate NASCAR, think it is the stupidest thing, along with MMA, but hey, if that's how you want to spend your time and money, go for it.

does anyone know how pitt79 feels about baseball? I've read this thread and I cant find any posts in here where he tells us his feelings on baseball..

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
does anyone know how pitt79 feels about baseball? I've read this thread and I cant find any posts in here where he tells us his feelings on baseball..

I love ripping baseball as much as I love hating baseball. Part of it is I enjoy the idea that it pisses some people off that anyone can hate the 'Murican Pass time so openly, hating baseball is like kneeling for the anthem to some people. LOL

Dude, outside of you must have really sucking at baseball and got made fun of, your hatred and over the top reaction to baseball is absurd. We get it, you don't like it, but if others like it, so what? How does that hurt you? I hate NASCAR, think it is the stupidest thing, along with MMA, but hey, if that's how you want to spend your time and money, go for it.
I was not bad at baseball as a kid-not great-average, I hit a few HRs in little league and played until pony league and was a relief pitcher and also played softball as an adult for about 15 years, it was fun to play, but I just decided at some point that it's excruciatingly boring to watch and I just HATE IT with a passion.

I love ripping baseball as much as I love hating baseball. Part of it is I enjoy the idea that it pisses some people off that anyone can hate the 'Murican Pass time so openly, hating baseball is like kneeling for the anthem to some people. LOL
yet when someone rips soccer, you get all upset and scream and cry about it.. Do you see how that works?

WHy not just realize people like different things, people have different tastes and the world would be a boring place if we all had the same interests. We all don't have to like the same things.

Soccer fans in this country are so thin skinned, so sensitive to any criticisms and they really need to grow a pair of balls and quit crying about what other people think. I like baseball, you don't, I am ok with this. I don't need you to like baseball, I feel no need or desire to justify the sport to everyone. That's how most people outside of soccer fans feel.

yet when someone rips soccer, you get all upset and scream and cry about it.. Do you see how that works?

WHy not just realize people like different things, people have different tastes and the world would be a boring place if we all had the same interests. We all don't have to like the same things.

Soccer fans in this country are so thin skinned, so sensitive to any criticisms and they really need to grow a pair of balls and quit crying about what other people think. I like baseball, you don't, I am ok with this. I don't need you to like baseball, I feel no need or desire to justify the sport to everyone. That's how most people outside of soccer fans feel.

Because I've just gotten to the point that I look at the two sports and can't understand how anyone can like the one that is slow and dull, where nothing is every happening! LOL.

Because I've just gotten to the point that I look at the two sports and can't understand how anyone can like the one that is slow and dull, where nothing is every happening! LOL.
and you are a soccer fan. the irony here is insane.. enjoy your sport man, don't worry about what most americans think about it. Accept it and realize it will never be more than a niche sport in this country. that's not an insult, its just reality. hockey is same way, hockey fans accept this, actually kind of take pride in it to be honest.

Learn from hockey fans.

Hockey is a fine sport. Actually, I think it should be more popular than what it is. Pretty much non-stop action like soccer.

I have no problem with soccer haters. What I cant stand if the soccer haters also like baseball, golf, auto racing, or hockey. Besides hockey, the other 3 are dreadfully boring sports where you literally dont even have to be in shape to play. I mean,yea, most are in shape but you can be fat and be a millionaire baseball player, golfer, or driver.

Football and Basketball are the only 2 sports that are immune from "hating." Every other sport has plenty of reasons to hate on it.

Hockey is a fine sport. Actually, I think it should be more popular than what it is. Pretty much non-stop action like soccer.

I have no problem with soccer haters. What I cant stand if the soccer haters also like baseball, golf, auto racing, or hockey. Besides hockey, the other 3 are dreadfully boring sports where you literally dont even have to be in shape to play. I mean,yea, most are in shape but you can be fat and be a millionaire baseball player, golfer, or driver.

Football and Basketball are the only 2 sports that are immune from "hating." Every other sport has plenty of reasons to hate on it.
I always said, the best thing hockey and soccer have going for it is its quick and the clock keeps moving. in this day and age of tv timeouts and replays, it is very refreshing..

ill never understand auto racing. I went to a Daytona 500 and outside of southern eye candy in the lots, it's brutal.. wait, so im not allowed to hate soccer and like Golf? why is this?

Last edited:

Again, you didn't answer age question, or at least range. I don't think baseball is "dreadfully boring" if it is well pitched, well played game. However the continued overuse of analytics is killing it, with their shifts and pitch counts and constant pitching changes.

And speaking of boring, not ripping on the sport as a whole, but those teams who don't attack at all, just pack in the defense, I mean the sport is just as boring as baseball or worse, when it played like that.

I always said, the best thing hockey and soccer have going for it is its quick and the clock keeps moving. in this day and age of tv timeouts and replays, it is very refreshing..

ill never understand auto racing. I went to a Daytona 500 and outside of southern eye candy in the lots, it's brutal..

When I moved to South Carolina, and was at the pool at our complex and they were listening to "the race" (that is what it is known down there) I asked them if they enjoy listening to traffic reports?

From the Cheap Seats; sounds like the making of a pretty good side. What is probably still lacking is a mid fielder who can create and a striker who can finish. Takes time. My only real issue with the game is the off side rule. It is not likely to be changed, but a little tweek would make the game more entertaining.

Wow,.....the last few posts here.....Pitt79....I mean, you see how absurd you look with your logic right?
No, my logic is dead on, some argue soccer just has a lot of wasted motion where nothing happens, because there may be no scoring. Still, I'd rather see people moving.

ill never understand auto racing. I went to a Daytona 500 and outside of southern eye candy in the lots, it's brutal.. wait, so im not allowed to hate soccer and like Golf? why is this?

Yea, you cant like golf and hate on soccer. Its a rule actually. Golf is easily the most boring, unathletic sport on the planet. If you like it, fine, you dont have to like soccer but you cant hate on it

Reactions: Swervin27
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT