ADVERTISEMENT

Panther Club membership

Happy to say that I just renewed my Panther Club membership and asked that my money go to wrestling.
Unless they changed something, that is not allowed. Your money goes into the general fund. Meaning to football and basketball. If you want money to go to wrestling you have to donate to the wrestling fund. (Wrestling championship fund).

Unless they changed something, that is not allowed. Your money goes into the general fund. Meaning to football and basketball. If you want money to go to wrestling you have to donate to the wrestling fund. (Wrestling championship fund).

They did change it.

They did change it.
What exactly is the current policy. I just (less than a month ago) went through a process with Pitt about donating to wrestling. I was told that I could not donate to the Panther fund and have the money go to wrestling. If I wanted money to go to wrestling, I had to donate to either PWC or WCF. Those monies do not count toward season ticket buying(football and Bball). I now have donations to all three funds.

Supposedly you can now earmark money for specific sports when you donate. That's a change I heard we made recently

What exactly is the current policy. I just (less than a month ago) went through a process with Pitt about donating to wrestling. I was told that I could not donate to the Panther fund and have the money go to wrestling. If I wanted money to go to wrestling, I had to donate to either PWC or WCF. Those monies do not count toward season ticket buying(football and Bball). I now have donations to all three funds.

My understanding is that you can't do it with your mandatory donation for your Football or Basketball seats (e.g., if your seats require a $200 donation, you cannot earmark that $200 to Wrestling) . You can do it with additional donations, though.

They did change it.
There were two categories, the second of which I think was called Championship Fund. The explanation for this fund was that you could designate a sport where you wanted your money to go, so I designated wrestling.

What I understand is you can designate a sport, you do earn points but not for priority

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT