ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford

I think Paris Ford is an absolute stud, but I think he needs to develop size and strength. I think back to the BC game where it was a one on one play between him and Dillon, and he couldn't tackle Dillon and the play went for a TD. Now Dillon is a stud himself (I think Packers got him at a steal at #62 overall in the draft), but Ford will see more backs with that type of strength in the NFL.

If you saw Paris up close last season, he didn’t seem to have the upper body size you’d like in an NFL safety. Hamlin looked more physically ready for the NFL, IMHO...

Hoping Paris has added some muscle.

Go Pitt.
Ford is a lot more talented and athletic than Hamlin though. Hammy can't run with the NFL WRs. Ford can--and he's extremely physical.

I thought the reason he came back was because he received a 3rd round or later grade from NFL scouts.

Last year was a better safety class - both at the top and throughout. This year, Ford is near the top. It also probably helps him, being a higher draft pick anyway, that college football is all messed up. Without lots of (or any?) tape this year, the NFL will probably lean toward senior players who were highly thought of before the season and just hope for the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT