ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Jones II ranked #8 DE

If Rashad Weaver is 100%, we will have one hell of a pair of bookends and some excellent depth on what should be the best DL at Pitt since the 80s. Weaver was on his way to 1st team all-ACC and potential AA status before the ACL. He isn't a fast twitch edge rusher but he is super productive, plays smart, makes impact plays outside of sacks, and is a really, really good all-around DE, better all-around than Jones.

Reactions: ddc17
Jones and several other Panthers are working with Chuck Smith. It doesn't guarantee it will translate to the field, but these guys are putting in the work to get better. Pitt values getting to the quarterback and they've got plenty of talent to do it.

How deep do you think the rotation will go? will the RS Frosh or incoming Frosh have a shot at PT?

I'm thinking that there are at least 17 DLs on the roster.

These guys, off the top of my head, have played: David Green, Deslin Alexandre, John Morgan, Keyshon Camp, Rashad Weaver, Habakkuk Baldonaldo, Pat Jones, Tyler Bentley, Devin Danielson, & Jaylen Twyman.

Bam Brima redshirted, so did Bryce Nelms, Deandre Jules and Calijah Kancey, right?.

Palmer and Temple did not play last year, I think.

Jones and several other Panthers are working with Chuck Smith. It doesn't guarantee it will translate to the field, but these guys are putting in the work to get better. Pitt values getting to the quarterback and they've got plenty of talent to do it.

who is chuck smith?

How deep do you think the rotation will go? will the RS Frosh or incoming Frosh have a shot at PT?
Hopefully incoming Freshman can redshirt. We are finally getting the kind of depth at some positions where a freshman can't beat out an upper class man. Not because of lack of talent but because of a deep depth chart.

Hopefully incoming Freshman can redshirt. We are finally getting the kind of depth at some positions where a freshman can't beat out an upper class man. Not because of lack of talent but because of a deep depth chart.
I’d expect to see Izzy and a freshman corner and LB or two get their uniforms dirty this season. That new 3 game redshirt rule was a really good change. Coaches can actually play their best freshman and see if they’re ready to make an impact

go to 12:50 mark for his rundown of AD. it's very good and i agree with it completely.

Yep. I no longer follow the NFL like I did when I was younger, but AD translated immediately to NFL star. That never happens. There is always a transition period for linemen.

I’d expect to see Izzy and a freshman corner and LB or two get their uniforms dirty this season. That new 3 game redshirt rule was a really good change. Coaches can actually play their best freshman and see if they’re ready to make an impact
I am guessing quite a few will get some time in that regards. I do like the rule. I believe a few of the skill players will get time all year. Especially the WRs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT