ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Jones picks Pitt over VT!

Every service but Rivals has him as a 3-star. He has 8 offers from P5 schools. Narduzzi's type of DE.

Good get.

Reactions: quip
I think he'll get a 3rd star on Rivals.

Scout has him as the #1 DE in the state of VA and #4 in the East.

Reactions: quip
Question for Chris Peak will they count toward last years scholarships freeing up two more for this year.

Every service but Rivals has him as a 3-star. He has 8 offers from P5 schools. Narduzzi's type of DE.

Good get.
Defensive Line is the one position you can definitely take 2 and 3 stars and coach them up. Get athletic guys bulk them up some and make them into very good and serviceable players, and sometimes great players.
Look at Pitt's history in last 12-13 years.... and now we have Narduzzi and Sims coaching the new ones up....
Donald, Sheard, Romeous, Harriot, Mick Williams, Rashad Duncan, Guzik, Gus Mustakas, Chas Alexi (walk on), were all 2/3 stars that were pretty damn good and some ended up being League defensive players of the year! Even guys like Vince Cruchunis and Dan Stephens were solid players up the middle. This kid sounds like he could be the same.

Nice to see Coach Duzz getting some of his target recruits.

After watching Pitt this season, you'd have to think that defensive players would want to play the aggressive style that Pitt plays.

Many opportunities for "BIG PLAYS" which is what every player is looking for...

Welcome to Pitt -- Patrick Jones!

Go PItt.

Narduzzi got his guy.
He, and our other DE commit, are enrolling in January. They will be way ahead of the other freshman with strength and conditioning.
And Hendrix and the JUCO kid will be ready to roll next year. Dooz has intimated that Hendrix is the real deal and the JUCO is a speed rush freak. If we can keep Price for another year we could suddenly have a pretty strong position group at DE.

This staff is brash... We are trying to steal recruits from USC and going head to head with Bama... They shoot for the stars:

By the way we are recruiting several very highly rated CB... Think this means the staff thinks Hamlin will be a Pittsburgh turn coat?

This staff is brash... We are trying to steal recruits from USC and going head to head with Bama... They shoot for the stars:

By the way we are recruiting several very highly rated CB... Think this means the staff thinks Hamlin will be a Pittsburgh turn coat?
Call me a hopeless optimist but I I don't. I think this staff just believes there is no such thing as too much talent at this position. What if Hamlin comes in and disappoints? Doubt that happens but what if?

Call me a hopeless optimist but I I don't. I think this staff just believes there is no such thing as too much talent at this position. What if Hamlin comes in and disappoints? Doubt that happens but what if?
Recruiting highly rated players is one thing. Every program does that. Landing them is something else. Few actually do that.

Frankly, I don't understand the buzz about who we're recruiting. It's all about who we end up getting. While our staff is being aggressive with the highly rated players, I don't think they are counting on getting Hamlin or a bunch of other 4 star kids in the 9th inning. I think they know exactly who they have a realistic shot at and are spending their time and effort accordingly. In other words, I don't think we should expect to see a star-studded (on paper) 2016 class.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT