ADVERTISEMENT

Pay the man.

Dec 1, 2014
HCPN showed today

Top ten coach and recruiter

My man went fishing today and came home with some whales.

Top 20 class here we come. Coach em up and we are looking for top 10 by 2020

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Love your optimism.

However, these commits so far seem to be at the level of recruits we normally get. They are good solid prospects but there doesn't appear to be any start immediately star.

A top 20 class is at least possible but will require the addition of about a half dozen 4-stars in December/January. To do that we may need a better than predicted coming football season (I.e., 9-10 wins before a bowl).

Reactions: Ski11585
HCPN showed today

Top ten coach and recruiter

My man went fishing today and came home with some whales.

Top 20 class here we come. Coach em up and we are looking for top 10 by 2020
These are the types of posts I love to see, and Im sure others do too! I agree with you 100%, I know he just got that 5 year extension last spring, add a couple (millions) to the total. Got to lock HCPN up, even tho I think he'll stay at Pitt forever. Pitt man through and through.

Reactions: hermdigity
Just like the sky was NOT falling prior to this weekend this class does not indicate that the program will suddenly be competing for high level recruits and ACC championships for years to come.

I like the direction Duzz has the program headed in and think he has the best chance of getting the program to a level where its competitive. The next 2-3 years will serve as the true barometer of the recruiting classes they've accumulated as well as his overall coaching ability. It seems some of the new coaching staff changes have worked out well. I also think we'll find out a lot more about Watson as an OC with a legit QB at the helm There is ample reason to feel positive about the program and that in and of itself is a good thing. Football unlike hoops takes a lot longer to turn around so it requires some patience from the fan base. One of the things that has held this program back is the lack of continuity in the HC position. We now have a guy that appears to "get it" and I think we have a an AD that also gets it and is willing to give the guy the time needed rebuild the program. It essentially put on probation by Smiley with the coaching nonsense.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
A solid group for sure. It would be nice to get about 4 or 6 four star recruits in a class we ll see what happens. It appears to be a down year in WPIAL so its great to see DUZZ get the southern kids. Partridge had a lot to do with it.

Hey, if you pick the best players off of Rutgers', Northwestern's, Purdue's, Wake Forest's, and Kentucky's rosters every year, you could make a pretty good roster for yourself. We seem to be going that route with our recruiting the past year and a half. We swung for the fences early in HCPN's tenure and struck out. The new game plan is to go after these next level kids, maybe develop them over a couple more years and have seasoned rosters with kids that want to be here. We'll find out this year on the field how good this staff is at identifying talent and/or coaching them up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT