ADVERTISEMENT

Paying Athletes ruling

neench

Freshman
Aug 17, 2001
Maybe some others can help explain this. An article stated that they expect: "that the proposed arrangement will have a future impact of at least $20 million a year on the budgets of athletics departments that pay their athletes the maximum combined total that would be allowed under a cap that would be established, and then increase over time. "

So I think that means all athletes (male and female) for various sports. So does a cap even the playing field as all schools have the same limits (like NFL) or is the cap so high as only large schools could raise a $20M annual budget?? And can an athlete get NIL funds also?? And if so, how would Pitt do if this happens as expected?

I'm sure even if the schools pay them there would still be no limit on NIL from outside sources

Reactions: ThePanthers
Maybe some others can help explain this. An article stated that they expect: "that the proposed arrangement will have a future impact of at least $20 million a year on the budgets of athletics departments that pay their athletes the maximum combined total that would be allowed under a cap that would be established, and then increase over time. "

So I think that means all athletes (male and female) for various sports. So does a cap even the playing field as all schools have the same limits (like NFL) or is the cap so high as only large schools could raise a $20M annual budget?? And can an athlete get NIL funds also?? And if so, how would Pitt do if this happens as expected?

From what I understand, the money that colleges will be paying is $30K per athlete (all athletes) in the form of an educational trust fund. Its not NIL. This has nothing to do with pay for play NIL booster collectives.

From what I understand, the money that colleges will be paying is $30K per athlete (all athletes) in the form of an educational trust fund. Its not NIL. This has nothing to do with pay for play NIL booster collectives.
You are conflating the Baker proposal - which has never been approved - with this settlement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT