ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St is not our rival

Mikefln

Junior
Oct 15, 2015
I have heard this nonsense from yinz forever. Many saying they dont care about them and hope we never play them again and other nonsense. Yet 2 of the bigger threads on this board currently, Penn State is the subject matter.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Actually in looking at the front page...buccos, narduzzi, Utah to the acc, guitar distortion, kenny in Philly, lithium, nhl, weightloss, geo trackers, etc...all have more posts than dumb PSU....but tell us more mikefln

I have heard this nonsense from yinz forever. Many saying they dont care about them and hope we never play them again and other nonsense. Yet 2 of the bigger threads on this board currently, Penn State is the subject matter.
They are in state and our tax dollars go to that cesspool! Once camp starts we can talk about ..... oh never mind , our program tells its fans very little.

You can always start a thread to your subject liking!

Actually in looking at the front page...buccos, narduzzi, Utah to the acc, guitar distortion, kenny in Philly, lithium, nhl, weightloss, geo trackers, etc...all have more posts than dumb PSU....but tell us more mikefln
It's actually 3 threads about PSU, and that buccos thread is ancient.

They are in state and our tax dollars go to that cesspool! Once camp starts we can talk about ..... oh never mind , our program tells its fans very little.

You can always start a thread to your subject liking!
I have no issue talking Penn St or WVU or ND, all teams I call rivals of Pitt. It is too many delusional fans who state we are not rivals that I'm calling out.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Screw PSU, don't need them
Not saying you specifically, but if that is the case, quit talking about them. But when there are 2 Franklin threads, a Big Noon thread that is about them, then the education thread, it sounds like we care.

Almost like they are our natural rival.

I consider both PSU and WVU rivals and would love to play both. However, if I could only choose one it would be WVU.

I can see some of the st penn trolls are restless. Let me get this straight. Psu was involved in the biggest child molestation cover up of all time.
Psu hired a coach that covered up gang rape at Vandy.
Psu had a LB in the 70's that continuously raped and abused women. Psu had a professor that had sex with animals.
Now the news is milk dud overrode Dr's orders so players had to play injured.
These are/were topics in the news not just us Pitt fans making random st penn posts.
Keep making excuses nitter fans, success with honor. Smh disgusting

I'd go with WVU, that's a better rivalry game now, Penn State hasn't felt like a rival to me since they joined the B1G.
You and them certainly have similar IQs, but they likely have more average teeth than you.

I'd say they are apparently your rival, as well as a lot of the older folks on this board.

Not that I'm young, but it became obvious to me that it was over a long time ago.

I'd suggest everyone wakeup and move along.

You and them certainly have similar IQs, but they likely have more average teeth than you.
6a930b8f185140a09f21e30514496a5ea9a4d73ef984236f637d9f5bbf73de79.gif

Back in 2000, we were having a few brews prior to the game at Uncle Jimmy's down on Semple street, In walks a lady who had to be 70+ years old orders a drink and shouts "**** Penn State!"

There were only around 5 or 6 people in the bar at 11am that day. I thought it was a great moment in my college experience lol..

And to express your displeasure, you start another thread about PSU???????

I'd say they are apparently your rival, as well as a lot of the older folks on this board.

Not that I'm young, but it became obvious to me that it was over a long time ago.

I'd suggest everyone wakeup and move along.
This is WPA. There are almost as many PSU fans as Pitt fans (plus a sizeable ND, WV, and even OSU base). How many families are split (mine included) between the 2 schools. You can say move on, but when those 2 things are true, there is no moving on. Plus the 2 schools recruit the same areas.

The rivalry might be more intense for older fans, but when the 2 schools played a few years ago, I saw a bunch of youngsters participate without a hitch. Also if they are not rivals, then pitt fans need to quit talking about them. I would not have said a word if 4 threads were not about them.

A significant portion of each school's fan base would probably like to see them play
each other. I'm sure that many of those fans are of the "older" variety. I include myself
in that group. I've stated on here before, geography and history are what creates "rivalries".
As those of us who remember the annual series (almost always the last game of the season)
go to that big tailgate in the sky, the history factor will become less significant.

The reason why there are so many other topics is because Pitt football is done. That and the lack of an off topic forum, which others have. But I guess it's keeping with with the theme of "Pitt knows better than everyone else".

Penn State football is overrated almost every year, but Pitt football if barely relevant. One good season in 40 years should be enough evidence (and they even screwed the season up). It's not happening. At least Penn State has a chance. They have more money. They play in a better conference, and to think some dolts believed the ACC was he better spot for Pitt. They have better support from politicians and fans (even to the delusional level of justifying how a child predator was able to abuse kids in campus for years). They recruit far better, but still not top level elite. They have their own stadium. So no, they aren't Pitts rival because Pitt can't/won't compete with them.

Reactions: PittMiamiRivalry
The reason why there are so many other topics is because Pitt football is done. That and the lack of an off topic forum, which others have. But I guess it's keeping with with the theme of "Pitt knows better than everyone else".

Penn State football is overrated almost every year, but Pitt football if barely relevant. One good season in 40 years should be enough evidence (and they even screwed the season up). It's not happening. At least Penn State has a chance. They have more money. They play in a better conference, and to think some dolts believed the ACC was he better spot for Pitt. They have better support from politicians and fans (even to the delusional level of justifying how a child predator was able to abuse kids in campus for years). They recruit far better, but still not top level elite. They have their own stadium. So no, they aren't Pitts rival because Pitt can't/won't compete with them.
So you have posted 28K times on a board of a team you say is "done"........ riiiiiiiiiight

as I have told people 67,562 times before, I just don't care about them at all....

I can see some of the st penn trolls are restless. Let me get this straight. Psu was involved in the biggest child molestation cover up of all time.
Psu hired a coach that covered up gang rape at Vandy.
Psu had a LB in the 70's that continuously raped and abused women. Psu had a professor that had sex with animals.
Now the news is milk dud overrode Dr's orders so players had to play injured.
These are/were topics in the news not just us Pitt fans making random st penn posts.
Keep making excuses nitter fans, success with honor. Smh disgusting
But ... don't leave college football to "the Jackie Sherrills of the world."

Is there any scenario where a Pitt fan could root for PSU without getting shunned?
Asking for a friend.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT