ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Fan

While I was celebrating a Rose Bowl win, I was devastated by the news regarding Hamlin. I pray that he may have a complete recovery from these injuries.

God Bless Hamlin.
Yeah, I was watching the trophy stuff on ESPN News then remembered to flip over to Monday night football in time to be confused by what was happening. When I heard what had happened and that it was Hamlin, it hit hard. This is a kid PSU recruited hard. By all accounts he’s an incredible human being from a fantastic family. BS football rivalries are meaningless right now. I’m watching, reading and praying for any good news we can get right now.

I came here to offer my support and prayers for Hamlin. Perhaps offering my feelings prior to learning about Hamlin was insensitive and offended some. Whether or not you care about my thoughts is immaterial. I will still offer my prayers and support for Hamlin's recovery.
It was not insensitive. Some people just want to stir the pot at inopportune times.

I came here to offer my support and prayers for Hamlin. Perhaps offering my feelings prior to learning about Hamlin was insensitive and offended some. Whether or not you care about my thoughts is immaterial. I will still offer my prayers and support for Hamlin's recovery.
Assumed SMF got a bit overly sensitive by thinking your rose bowl comment was braggy, but I think most of us interpreted it as what you likely meant here - football is in the forefront of our minds here but needs to be be set aside in moments like these.

What is offensive is you had to offer you were "celebrating" beating a shitty 3-loss team despite being a) a grown man and b) not on the PSU team.....while most of America was concerned with something that actually matters.

Who cares? He offered his well wishes for Hamlin. Let's take it at face value. If his intent was to be a troll, you certainly gave him the reaction he was looking for.

While I was celebrating a Rose Bowl win, I was devastated by the news regarding Hamlin. I pray that he may have a complete recovery from these injuries.

God Bless Hamlin.
I fixed it for you.

The first 8 words of your post were genuinely cringeworthy in the context of tonight.

Upon further review, I see what set SMF off. Although his response was equally cringeworthy.

I suspect CFB fans from many other schools will be stopping by to offer prayers and support of Hamlin.

If they happen to make the mistake of reading this particular thread, they will come away with an awful opinion of SMF and by extension, Pitt fans.

Thanks SMF......you have once again reinforced what we have always known. And embarrassed all of us.

Las Panteras.

I partially agree with SMF that the comment was an attempt to be braggy. I mean... Who needs to say "while I was celebrating a Rose Bowl win"?

I did notice it... like SMF, some PSU fans can't help themselves, either. However, two wrongs don't make a right.
I'm not the op, not sure what his intent was. But maybe he was writing it to add color to the text. How he was happy his team got a high profile win and he was feeling good about it. Then when he saw/heard about Hamlin, he lost some of that joy/happiness as a young man if fighting for his life because of an endeavor that is not considered life threatening, ie football. Some people, just write/talk like that. No conspiracy doing so.

If you, SMF, or anyone else want to think think the worse of people on first glance by all means do so, it's a free country. I chose to wait for people to give me a reason to think bad of them, especially for something as trivial as bragging about a bowl win while offering prayers to Damar.

I'm sorry but that wasn't towards you

Reactions: Pittguy93
THanks for stopping here and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your post. I had to hit "unignore" to see what the fuss was about and should have known 2 or 3 posters I have on ignore are the idiots. We are all praying for Hamlin.

My thoughts and prayers for Damar and his family as well. I don’t know much about him, but from what I understand, he has overcome a lot and is and really good person. My brother went thru something medically similar to what Damar is going thru and it’s a real bitch waiting and not being able to know the outcome of this. For me, this really hit home and makes you understand what’s really important in life. My prayers are with him.

After some thought, I agree with those who are saying not to ban any poster unless they repeatedly violate board rules and intentionally do so while attacking others. That wasn't the case here. I'm against censorship in any form. But the Ignore feature is perfect in situations like this. The 2 posters I mentioned are now on Ignore, where they belong.

Reactions: Chaos and psuted
After some thought, I agree with those who are saying not to ban any poster unless they repeatedly violate board rules and intentionally do so while attacking others. That wasn't the case here. I'm against censorship in any form. But the Ignore feature is perfect in situations like this. The 2 posters I mentioned are now on Ignore, where they belong.
I understand and appreciate your comment, but the type of posts you are likely referring to don’t bother or offend me. They certainly don’t represent the vast number of great Pitt football fans. Right now the focus of my thoughts and prayers are with Damar Hamlin and his family.

Injuries like this hit everyone. It doesn't matter if you're a Pitt fan. Hamlin is apart of the Pitt family, but that doesn't mean other fanbases aren't just as upset and hurt by it. He's a kid living out his dream and had a freak accident on a football field. That hits everyone that has any rooting interest in any level of football.

The dude said he was celebrating a Rose Bowl win (same time the Hamlin injury occurred) and was devastated by the news. Please know that most Pitt fans don't act this way, and most of us support your thoughts and prayers.

The OP and a couple of his low IQ cronies are sincere when they wish Damar the best.

However, they did take the opportunity to remind us that their team won the Rose Bowl…They couldn’t help themselves… Typical…
While Utah is a big pretender, it was still the Rose Bowl, and for whatever reason that matters to people. But Nitters aren’t used to high profile wins. Let them have their moment.

While Utah is a big pretender, it was still the Rose Bowl, and for whatever reason that matters to people. But Nitters aren’t used to high profile wins. Let them have their moment.

I dont care what they called the exhibition game. They beat 10-3 Utah. We beat 9-3 UCLA who beat Utah. No need for celebration for that unless you are a pathetic loser.

Damar needs as many prayers and good thoughts as possible. Who cares where they come from? Anyone who is praying has good intentions that are much needed right now!
That’s true, but the point (which has been since fully proven) was that this particular poster had no such good intentions for Hamlin, probably the opposite actually. He created a new fake handle and in post 2 or whatever, started this thread intended to gloat about how jacked he was by the rose bowl, masked by a BS reference to Hamlin. 99.999999% of Nits aren’t concerned about Hamlin. 99.999999% hate Hamlin and likely are thrilled this happened to him. Everyone who knows of them have the spidey sense up when this sort of poster sneaks up from the rathole and SMF called him out. Too much in this particular situation? Probably, maybe, but altogether true.

God Bless Hamlin.
This

God Bless Hamlin.
While I was celebrating our 12-0 shutout of Joe Paterno, I was devastated by the news regarding Adam Taliaferro. Said no Pitt fan ever.

Buzz off you pedophile enabling, inexplicably arrogant punks. If Hamlin hadn't gotten hurt, you'd be own your own board trashing Pitt and the ACC. Just like you do 364 other days a year. So just skip your phony sympathy.

Sincerely,

Your "Little Brother"

This

While I was celebrating our 12-0 shutout of Joe Paterno, I was devastated by the news regarding Adam Taliaferro. Said no Pitt fan ever.

Buzz off you pedophile enabling, inexplicably arrogant punks. If Hamlin hadn't gotten hurt, you'd be own your own board trashing Pitt and the ACC. Just like you do 364 other days a year. So just skip your phony sympathy.

Sincerely,

Your "Little Brother"
LOL, Post of the day djbpitt, well done...

guys, it's over, we are all battling for second after this one..

Reactions: djbpitt
Anybody playing the partisan fan card in this thread is an a$$hole of epic proportions. Thanks to all opposing teams fans for their kind thoughts for one of our Panther's own. This puts into stark reality the fact that football is just a kid's game played for our entertainment. Humanity supersedes fandom.

I fixed it for you.

The first 8 words of your post were genuinely cringeworthy in the context of tonight.

Upon further review, I see what set SMF off. Although his response was equally cringeworthy.
The 2 things basically happened concurrently. The guy was just saying he was on a fan high from his team winning a big bowl game and then this news came through and put things in perspective about what is really important....the well being of the boys and men playing this game we all love. His post was 100% fine.

That’s true, but the point (which has been since fully proven) was that this particular poster had no such good intentions for Hamlin, probably the opposite actually. He created a new fake handle and in post 2 or whatever, started this thread intended to gloat about how jacked he was by the rose bowl, masked by a BS reference to Hamlin. 99.999999% of Nits aren’t concerned about Hamlin. 99.999999% hate Hamlin and likely are thrilled this happened to him. Everyone who knows of them have the spidey sense up when this sort of poster sneaks up from the rathole and SMF called him out. Too much in this particular situation? Probably, maybe, but altogether true.

I forgot that wasnt Hamlin part of that crew that Franklin bussed to PSU to get to decommit? Makes even more sense as to why this guy would create the fake handle.

God Bless Hamlin.
Did you “God Bless” the boys that were raped or the members of enabler u’s board that required Paturdo to resign?

Oh and the title of your thread is weird

Last edited:
Sure we at PSU hate Pitt but only a psychopath would wish harm or evil on a player, coach, or fan of another team. Football is just a game. We hope Damar pulls out of this. GOD is in control.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT