ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsylvanians want JOPA statue restored...........

The power of public relations is remarkable. Pitt would do very well to learn it's lesson in that regard. Penn State mastered it a long time ago and they continue to repeat it's rewards.

Survey's can prove any point you want to make. It is all in how the question is asked and the sample size. I can easily find 1500 people that would oppose the wins and statue being brought back......

Pennsylvania PIGEONS want JOPA statue restored...........

Fixed.

Maybe they should wait until after the trial of the three stooges before they "rush to judgement". If that day ever comes!

8388367440_de71988f89_m.jpg

I read the data supporting the poll. Just a tick over 1,000 people were polled. The positive return metrics skew older and less educated.

Go figure.

Wonder where this poll was taken and who they asked. The poll was probably taken in the Alabama area of the state which is the vast central area.

Originally posted by goadie:
Survey's can prove any point you want to make. It is all in how the question is asked and the sample size. I can easily find 1500 people that would oppose the wins and statue being brought back......
I'm not sure why anyone would think the poll results would turn out any differently. This has nothing to do with how the question is asked. If I had polled this very message board three days ago and asked "If a random sampling of people from all parts of PA were simply asked 'Do you think the statue of Joe Paterno should be restored to its former location?' would you think a majority would say yes?". I'm pretty sure most of us would us would answer yes. They did not have to rig the poll.

Just who in the world is going to seek out a poll like that???

And just looking on their board for the first time in months, I am really glad the NCAA restored scholies and bowl eligbility. Because, in their eyes, that justified everything that happened in State College over the past decade or so. Nothing really happened except Jerry allegedly having horseplay with a few kids who overreacted to his playfulness.

There is not an ounce or regret nor humility in that community. Not a friggin ounce.

Originally posted by Taft's Baby Hook:
Saw that this AM as well. They will never get it....
There are many PA people who have no clue what the cover-up is all about. They view the crime as being limited to only Sandusky's role in it. And now that Sandusky is where he belongs, many people feel that the case is closed.

I'm betting that the Happy Valley pigeons will have their place to roost once again, and that it will happen within 1-3 years from now - certainly no later.

: Without getting into any graphic detail, what did Mr. McQueary tell you he had seen and where?

Mr. Paterno: Well, he had seen a person, an older - not an older, but a mature person who was fondling, whatever you might call it - I'm not sure what the term would be - a young boy.

Q: Did he identify who that older person was?

Mr. Paterno: Yes, a man by the name of Jerry Sandusky who had been one of our coaches, was not at the time.

Q: You're saying that at the time this incident was reported to you, Sandusky was no longer a coach? Mr. Paterno: No, he had retired voluntarily. I'm not sure exactly the year, but I think it was either '98 or '99.

Q: I think you used the term fondling. Is that the term that you used?

Mr. Paterno: Well, I don't know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster.

It was a sexual nature. I'm not sure exactly what it was.

I didn't push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset. Obviously, I was in a little bit of a dilemma since Mr. Sandusky was not working for me anymore.

So I told - I didn't go any further than that except I knew Mike was upset and I knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.

Q: Did Mike McQueary tell you where he had seen this inappropriate conduct take place?

Mr. Paterno: In the shower.

Q: Where was the shower?

Mr. Paterno: In the Lasch Building.

Q: Is that on the campus of Penn State University?

Mr. Paterno: It's right on the campus.

Q: Did you tell Mike McQueary at that time what you were going to do with that information that he had provided to you?

Mr. Paterno: I don't know whether I was specific or not. I did tell Mike, Mike, you did what was right; you told me.

Even though Jerry does not work for the football staff any longer, I would refer his concerns to the right people.

Q: You recall this taking place on a Saturday morning, the conversation with Mike?

Mr. Paterno: Yes.

Q: When did you - did you do something with that information?

Mr. Paterno: Well, I can't be precise.

I ordinarily would have called people right away, but it was a Saturday morning and I didn't want to interfere with their weekends.

Originally posted by ERICCARTMAN:
Really?
Folks who frequent these boards assume that everyone knows as much about the molestation and the subsequent cover-up as we do.

They don't. Nor do they care. If they did, you wouldn't see as many people wearing UPS garb, or 107,000 fans at their football games. And parents wouldn't let their offspring join a "culture" that fosters the kind of behavior that enables children to be ravished by a known pedophile.

The victims have already been forgotten about. Most Pennsylvanians just...don't...care.

Re: "PA: It's Philly & Pittsburgh and Alabama in between."

Yes, and Alabama is who they
want to be, as in the U of Alabama. Football is everything in Alabama, and in the Alabama portion of PA that cult resides.
Loved the comment that: "Maybe they should wait until after the trial of the three stooges before they "rush to judgement". I'd like to post that on BWI, but of course, I can't because the thought police there have banned me. Anyone not yet banned, could try, which would lead to a certain banning of them. And its a perfectly reasonable question to raise. If you don't want anyone passing judgement on Paterno until ALL the facts are in, as they've always claimed, then shouldn't we wait for the trials before even considering such a thing? BANNED!

Re: "PA: It's Philly & Pittsburgh and Alabama in between."

Originally posted by Jud The Bus Driver:

James Carville
Says a guy promoting a candidate from Hogslop Arkansas....I'll take the folks in the middle in most things besides college football....

Re: Embarrassed to be a Pennsylvanian.

If the statue is brought back, it will make the cult happy. It will also be another black eye for the program and the university. People across the country will see it for what it is. Most don't pay attention to the cult or the whole affair, and so they will just be reminded of the awful Penn State tragedy, be shocked by the action and the insensitivity toward the victims with it being put back in place.

The cult will claim that they won't care about what the rest of the world thinks. Which is interesting, because before the scandal, their whole existence was built around what other people cared about the morally superior image that they promoted to the world.

Now, how about they to a random national poll on the matter. That would prove to be interesting and would really mariginalize the cult....

Where on the stadium grounds are they going to put the memorial recognizing all of the children who were harmed in the name of football glory? Maybe the statue could just be a bronze train with dollar bills flying out of it. Then they could have armed guards protecting Paterno and the money train at all costs.

To be completely honest, I could care less if the statue is up or down. Not in the least. Doesn't affect me in any way. In this instance, I do think however as a taxpayer, I don't want to see taxpayer funds going to put it up.

Not saying the poll was rigged but most normal everyday people in PA. have forgotten all this Sandusky crap over the past 3+ years. In effect they have forgotten the bad and remember the good about Paterno so when the question is asked their gut reaction is "sure, why not".

If they put it back up, I will go up there and buttf**k that statue in broad daylight.

Face it. They got away with the whole thing. Wins restored, scholarships restored, bowl games restored, the 3 stooges will never go to trial. No DA or judge or politician that wants to be reelected will ever push for that trial. The statue will go back up and they can say they were right all the time. They did nothing wrong. It cost them a few bucks, but they spent $4.6 million per year on James from Jonestown who very few schools would touch with that rape scandal over his head.

Originally posted by Dr. von Yinzer:
The power of public relations is remarkable. Pitt would do very well to learn it's lesson in that regard. Penn State mastered it a long time ago and they continue to repeat it's rewards.
True...and Penn State learned the art from one Joseph Goebbels. If you tell a lie big enough, loud enough and oftern enough, people will believe it.

Exhibit A = "Success with Honor".

Sieg Heil....We Are....coincidence? No.

Originally posted by TIGER-PAUL:

: Without getting into any graphic detail, what did Mr. McQueary tell you he had seen and where?

Mr. Paterno: Well, he had seen a person, an older - not an older, but a mature person who was fondling, whatever you might call it - I'm not sure what the term would be - a young boy.

Q: Did he identify who that older person was?

Mr. Paterno: Yes, a man by the name of Jerry Sandusky who had been one of our coaches, was not at the time.

Q: You're saying that at the time this incident was reported to you, Sandusky was no longer a coach? Mr. Paterno: No, he had retired voluntarily. I'm not sure exactly the year, but I think it was either '98 or '99.

Q: I think you used the term fondling. Is that the term that you used?

Mr. Paterno: Well, I don't know what you would call it. Obviously, he was doing something with the youngster.

It was a sexual nature. I'm not sure exactly what it was.

I didn't push Mike to describe exactly what it was because he was very upset. Obviously, I was in a little bit of a dilemma since Mr. Sandusky was not working for me anymore.

So I told - I didn't go any further than that except I knew Mike was upset and I knew some kind of inappropriate action was being taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster.

Q: Did Mike McQueary tell you where he had seen this inappropriate conduct take place?

Mr. Paterno: In the shower.

Q: Where was the shower?

Mr. Paterno: In the Lasch Building.

Q: Is that on the campus of Penn State University?

Mr. Paterno: It's right on the campus.

Q: Did you tell Mike McQueary at that time what you were going to do with that information that he had provided to you?

Mr. Paterno: I don't know whether I was specific or not. I did tell Mike, Mike, you did what was right; you told me.

Even though Jerry does not work for the football staff any longer, I would refer his concerns to the right people.

Q: You recall this taking place on a Saturday morning, the conversation with Mike?

Mr. Paterno: Yes.

Q: When did you - did you do something with that information?

Mr. Paterno: Well, I can't be precise.

I ordinarily would have called people right away, but it was a Saturday morning and I didn't want to interfere with their weekends.
And there is the mistake....Paterno was told to leave out the graphic detail....consequently, his story becomes sanitized.

If McQuery had said to Paterno, "I saw Sandusky's erect penis press up against the back of the boy", then that is what Jow should have been asked to repeat.

Instead the old coot got off the hook because the question was lousy....simply ph#&king lousy.

It should have been "Mr. paterno, to the best of your recollection, what were the exact words Mr. McQuery used when you two spoke?".

Lawyers! Shake a tree and 22 fall out...

pitt fandom mostly ends about halfway through the counties surrounding allegheny and all the way from there to the NY border or the delaware river it's ped state land

not surprising that a majority of people who are mostly penn state fans want the statue back. disgusting but not surprising.

What sane person wants to put up a statue of a person who was fired by his employer because he looked the other way regarding a pedophile?

I know of no one who wants to do this!

Originally posted by 9nationalchampionships:

What sane person wants to put up a statue of a person who was fired by his employer because he looked the other way regarding a pedophile?

I know of no one who wants to do this!
EXACTLY. Who in their right mind would be behind this? Even if it's "alleged"? This is Groupthink to a whole new level.

Man I hope that statue goes back up. The President said a few weeks ago she hasn't made a decision about it yet, which means it's going back up. Can't wait. It's exactly the opposite of what PSU used to be if you stop and think about it: they used to laughably claim the moral high ground above their NCAA peers. Once they put the statue back up, they're no longer doing that...they're simply owning the fact that they're a school for jock-sniffing trash.

Return the statue. I'm tired of this ruse. Paterno is who they are. Get it back up, front and center, so we can point to it and rub their noses in it like a puppy in shit.

Ahh a poll - the question you ask can be misleading.

What would the results be to the following:

Should administrators and coaches who protected a serial pedophile be prosecuted?

Should a school that hid a serial pedophile for over 15 years get state and federal funding?

Was Joe Paturdo wrong to not banish Sandusky from campus when he was exposed in 1998 and a few years later when he was again turned in for molesting a boy in the football showers??

Maybe Quinnepeack(sp) should ask those questions???

I do appreciate the discussion that's going on.

But the truth of the matter is that most of you are trying to find logic in a situation that involves a large group of people who've been operating in a manner that's linked to a belief system that defies logic.

You might as well give it up: you'll find no more logic in Happy Valley than you would've found in Jonestown.
flush.r191677.gif

Its no wonder anymore how a guy that stood on the sidelines for 30 years was sodomizing children in a shower right under their noses on their watch. Its amazing well educated people let that institution be steered in such a direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT