ADVERTISEMENT

Petkovic to Austin FC

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

The Petkovic story is really bizarre and John Krysinski (the only soccer "writer" in Pgh) cant be bothered as 100% of his time goes to covering a USL franchise with a total of maybe 50 true fans. I'd argue Pitt soccer has a larger fanbase and he reports close to nothing on the team.

I don't understand why he isnt with NYCFC as a "homegrown player." Even if he couldn't make their senior team, he could still do a year or 2 in USL. If he wasn't considered a homegrown player, was he eligible for the draft?

Petkovic was cut apparently. Cant find any info on him. For an American kid (by MLS rules), you'd think he was a shoe-in to play in MLS. The reasons I heard he was kicked off Pitt didn't seem like that big of a deal but maybe the kid just has some growing up to do. He has a great deal of talent.

In other news, RSL signed Jasper Loefflesand to their MLS Next Pro team, which is a new league of pretty much all MLS Reserve Squads. They all used to play in USL.

The Riverhounds signed Arturo Ordonez and Robby Dambrot (graduated a few years ago).

It appears Kizza and Bryce Washington made the rosters for NE and Atl.

How bout New England with Bruce Arena's old gang: Omar Gonzalez, AJ DeLaGarza, Sebastian Lletget, and now Jozy Altidore.

Reactions: singregardless

The Petkovic story is really bizarre and John Krysinski (the only soccer "writer" in Pgh) cant be bothered as 100% of his time goes to covering a USL franchise with a total of maybe 50 true fans. I'd argue Pitt soccer has a larger fanbase and he reports close to nothing on the team.

I don't understand why he isnt with NYCFC as a "homegrown player." Even if he couldn't make their senior team, he could still do a year or 2 in USL. If he wasn't considered a homegrown player, was he eligible for the draft?
Krysinski is bad. I am friends with someone who worked side by side with him (joe probably know the guy I’m speaking of) and let’s just say the guy is clueless when it comes to everything and he only writes about something when someone tells him to (aka the Hounds). He’s not trying to keep the community informed. He doesn’t know what he’s doing and isn’t a typical journalist seeking a story.

Krysinski is bad. I am friends with someone who worked side by side with him (joe probably know the guy I’m speaking of) and let’s just say the guy is clueless when it comes to everything and he only writes about something when someone tells him to (aka the Hounds). He’s not trying to keep the community informed. He doesn’t know what he’s doing and isn’t a typical journalist seeking a story.

I don't know how you can have like the only Pgh soccer website and not follow up on some of Pitt's greatest players ever.

I am doing Krysinski's job for him. Petkovic to Minnesota United 2. They are playing in the new MLS Next Pro, which is all the Reserve teams + a Rochester team.

Petkovic is an example of an American kid (probably has citizenship by now) who should be in MLS but he isnt as good as the no-name South Americans they keep bringing in.

I am doing Krysinski's job for him. Petkovic to Minnesota United 2. They are playing in the new MLS Next Pro, which is all the Reserve teams + a Rochester team.

Petkovic is an example of an American kid (probably has citizenship by now) who should be in MLS but he isnt as good as the no-name South Americans they keep bringing in.
It’s an awful league. I’m sorry. I watched that Portland vs LA Galaxy match the other day. The stadium was fun with lots of energy. And the game was wide open and back and fourth. That’s a recipe for good viewing. But I can’t identify with these obscure foreign curtain jerkers from all over the globe. Now, LA had Chicharito, and he scored 2 goals, and that was pretty cool. At least he was a big star and was a world class player But that was one guy. For me, when I’m watching the Premier League, I’m watching a match in a cool stadium with a great crowd, and 22 guys on the pitch who are either the best in the world at what they do, or are routinely getting capped by their country for international games.

I realize that what I find appealing isn’t felt by everyone, but there’s no doubt in my mind that what you say is true and that soccer would be mainstream here ahead of baseball.

I’ll say this though, I might end up getting turned off by English football between now and November and disown the sport. can’t stand these arrogant English fans. I wish we weren’t drawn into their group.

It’s an awful league. I’m sorry. I watched that Portland vs LA Galaxy match the other day. The stadium was fun with lots of energy. And the game was wide open and back and fourth. That’s a recipe for good viewing. But I can’t identify with these obscure foreign curtain jerkers from all over the globe. Now, LA had Chicharito, and he scored 2 goals, and that was pretty cool. At least he was a big star and was a world class player But that was one guy. For me, when I’m watching the Premier League, I’m watching a match in a cool stadium with a great crowd, and 22 guys on the pitch who are either the best in the world at what they do, or are routinely getting capped by their country for international games.

I realize that what I find appealing isn’t felt by everyone, but there’s no doubt in my mind that what you say is true and that soccer would be mainstream here ahead of baseball.

I’ll say this though, I might end up getting turned off by English football between now and November and disown the sport. can’t stand these arrogant English fans. I wish we weren’t drawn into their group.
Yea, I like that MLS has been bringing in identifiable Mexican stars, most in their prime or close to it. But watching 2 American teams full if 2nd tier South Americans I never heard of makes it totally unwatchable. If MLS wants me, the casual fan to watch, bring in over-the-hill Messi or Ronaldo or get next-level stars closer to their prime. Or play the Petkovic's or Jack Lynn's, former college stars and America kids. I have 0 interest in watching the 345th best player in Argentina.

You guys really care about who the players are? That's like a totally different point of view I NEVER considered, I seriously don't care where they're from, and don't even get excited about most European "stars", because likely, I never heard of them until they join MLS and someone tells me they're stars. I guess that's why it's easy for me to watch MLS? I've heard of Chichirito before he joined LA, maybe watched him play USA with Mexico, but have watched him more with LA than the ZERO times I watched him wherever he played in Europe. He's pretty fun to watch, he's good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT