ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Jurkovic- Steelers Mini Camp

Thoughts? Maybe they need someone to do laundry??? Shine helmets?

I honestly think he can play TE. Maybe not in the NFL but I think he can get some PT in the UFL or CFL and who knows, maybe one day can make the NFL. He has the body type and athleticism. Football is a relatively easy sport to adjust to. Its a size and athleticism sport. It doesn't really require a lot of skill. There was an NBA player who caught heat recently for saying there's 30 NBA players who you can drop into the NFL right now but no one in the NFL can play in the NBA. He's right. If Jurkovec is big enough, athletic enough, and strong enough, he will stick. He doesn't need "TE skills." Those can be learned.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I honestly think he can play TE. Maybe not in the NFL but I think he can get some PT in the UFL or CFL and who knows, maybe one day can make the NFL. He has the body type and athleticism. Football is a relatively easy sport to adjust to. Its a size and athleticism sport. It doesn't really require a lot of skill. There was an NBA player who caught heat recently for saying there's 30 NBA players who you can drop into the NFL right now but no one in the NFL can play in the NBA. He's right. If Jurkovec is big enough, athletic enough, and strong enough, he will stick. He doesn't need "TE skills." Those can be learned.
Disagree. Basketball players don't like to be touched, must less hit. If you're looking purely at size, I can see how you'd draw that conclusion, but there's way more to it than that. Alejandro Villanueva was big and tall too, if you remember.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
Disagree. Basketball players don't like to be touched, must less hit. If you're looking purely at size, I can see how you'd draw that conclusion, but there's way more to it than that. Alejandro Villanueva was big and tall too, if you remember.
I'm with you ... basketball and football are fundamentally different sports. I'd say maybe there are 10 or a dozen guys (not 30) in the NBA that could play in the NFL. But there are probably also the same amount of NFL guys that could play in the NBA.

Charlie Ward wasn't good enough to be an NFL first rounder, but was drafted in the first round of NBA draft and had a long basketball career.

Chevy Troutman says, “Hi”.

I thought almost the exact opposite. Phil didn't come off as athletic moving around the pocket and I never got that he was a physical player to handle the blocking. Factor in routes and catching the ball when he's never done, zero chance he makes it as a tight end.

I thought almost the exact opposite. Phil didn't come off as athletic moving around the pocket and I never got that he was a physical player to handle the blocking. Factor in routes and catching the ball when he's never done, zero chance he makes it as a tight end.
Guarantee some O-linemen will enjoy the beatings Phil will take because QB's all whine about the O-line blocking.

• Haha
Reactions: Burgh15
Football is a relatively easy sport to adjust to. Its a size and athleticism sport. It doesn't really require a lot of skill........

......If Jurkovec is big enough, athletic enough, and strong enough, he will stick. He doesn't need "TE skills." Those can be learned.
Yeah if it's high school.

Stop posting!!

LOL.....what friggin glorious karma it would be for Jurk to come in and be a revelation and shows so much that the Steelers let Freiermuth walk after this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT