ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett to Ford

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I like Pickett but imagine what he can be like with big-time WR's

Pickett reminds me of McSorely but you look at the weapons that McSorely has: NFL guys (Godwin last year) and Hamilton. Johnson, Thompkins, Blacknall, Gesicki. Pitt has a big-time WR in Ford. Just hope he isn't wasted at Safety.

Reactions: Pittski

Pickett reminds me of McSorely but you look at the weapons that McSorely has: NFL guys (Godwin last year) and Hamilton. Johnson, Thompkins, Blacknall, Gesicki. Pitt has a big-time WR in Ford. Just hope he isn't wasted at Safety.
No need to insult pickett by comparing him to mcsorely.

Picket and McSwirly are not even remotely in the same universe. Anyone with 2 eyeballs can see that Pickett is talent wise head and shoulders above that poser from the cesspool.

I agree we have a lot of safety talent- he could be a real playmaker on the offensive side of the ball.

I was amazed at how much better Weah looked with Peterman and now Pickett than he did with Brown and DiNucci. You'd love to see Pitt regain that tradition of Wide Receiver U. and add a big-time receiver recruit to the mix.

Hey @PittInMissouri I see you liked a tweet on here. Nice to see another Panther in the Show Me State. What part of MO?

Hey @HailToPitt725
I'm actually in Philly now, but I lived in KC, MO when I became a paying member of the 'Lair back in 2002. I took a job with Cerner when I graduated from Pitt, and I had to live there for my first year. Loved the disc golf and Boulevard beer, but not the distance from everything else in the US. I've been on the east coast since 2003, but the username has stuck.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I was amazed at how much better Weah looked with Peterman and now Pickett than he did with Brown and DiNucci. You'd love to see Pitt regain that tradition of Wide Receiver U. and add a big-time receiver recruit to the mix.
The entire WR corps will look better next season as they mature - very young - with a spring and summer with Pickett. Even the second unit will improve as DiNucci will improve too.

The entire WR corps will look better next season as they mature - very young - with a spring and summer with Pickett. Even the second unit will improve as DiNucci will improve too.
well this is all the evidence I need to hear. cant argue with this logic.

Reactions: PantherDDS
well this is all the evidence I need to hear. cant argue with this logic.
I just meant that they have QB now that's seemingly very accurate. It will improve their timing as opposed to the way Browne abd especially DiNucci looked this year. Heck, outside of a drop by Ffrench, they all looked better v. Miami then they had pretty much all season v. quality competition.

Reactions: Swervin27
I just meant that they have QB now that's seemingly very accurate. It will improve their timing as opposed to the way Browne abd especially DiNucci looked this year. Heck, outside of a drop by Ffrench, they all looked better v. Miami then they had pretty much all season v. quality competition.
im with you Johnny, better qb play will help them all around.. no argument there. Ffrench is a great athlete with ball in his hands, more suited for the jet sweep which may or may not be a part of our offense anymore. For a WR, he looks like the makings of a good CB.

Need to backfill Weah for the #1 wr spot. a huge vacancy for a young player to take.. can Matthews be that guy? Can Smith? who else?

Last edited:
I don't get the comparison to McSorley but does anyone else think we may be jumping the gun anointing Pickett?

In one game - 18/29 for 193 and 13 rushes for 62 yards. I"m optimistic but don't think we have a heisman candidate by any stretch of the imagination.

For a guy making his first career start, that stat line against the #2 team in the country is pretty solid.

I think most are simply optimistic heading into the off-season knowing there is now a Freshman QB who has the tools to allow the offense to be successful. PITT hasn't had this sort of QB since Palko after the 2004 season, it's been a run of graduate transfers or QBs who couldn't be relied upon to put the team on their shoulders when required (Sunseri and Stull).

Reactions: Purdue_Panther
McSorley and Pickett are not similar in the least. Pickett has a much stronger arm, more accurate than McSorley, and he's smarter than McSorley. He also has more guts than McSorley.

Pickett had a nice game last week and I think Pitt has found a solid QB.

However, McSorley is going to be in the Heisman discussions next year. He must be doing something right that you are not acknowledging. Either your comparisons between McSorley and Picket are off or Pickett is going to win the Heisman next year. :)

McSorley and Pickett are not similar in the least. Pickett has a much stronger arm, more accurate than McSorley, and he's smarter than McSorley. He also has more guts than McSorley.

However, McSorley is going to be in the Heisman discussions next year. He must be doing something right that you are not acknowledging. Either your comparisons between McSorley and Picket are off or Pickett is going to win the Heisman next year. :)
Your delusional. Theres no way mcsorley will be in heisman discussions. Hes barely an average QB.

McSorley has Gesicki and that incredibly good receiver (Blacknall?) His production will go way down when those guys are gone next year.

I don't get the comparison to McSorley but does anyone else think we may be jumping the gun anointing Pickett?

In one game - 18/29 for 193 and 13 rushes for 62 yards. I"m optimistic but don't think we have a heisman candidate by any stretch of the imagination.

It’s not so much that everyone expects Pickett to be a Heisman candidate, it’s that DiNucci was so bad Pickett looks that great by comparison.

At least we can go into next season pretty sure we have a legitimate P5 starting QB.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

McSorley would have a better chance of winning a Justin Bieber look-a-like contest than being in consideration for the Heisman.

iu

iu

The game he played wasn't great to be honest. But it wasn't bad and he showed some things against a top defense that you can project out assuming he makes normal year to year improvements.

Pickett throws bullets. McSorley throws balloons.

Your delusional. Theres no way mcsorley will be in heisman discussions. Hes barely an average QB.

By the time Mcsorely ‘s career is finished next year, he is going to have more touchdowns and total passing yards in his 3 years as a starter than Dan Marino did in his 4 years as a starter. Not bad for someone who is “barely an average QB.”

Reactions: PittisLit5959
By the time Mcsorely ‘s career is finished next year, he is going to have more touchdowns and total passing yards in his 3 years as a starter than Dan Marino did in his 4 years as a starter. Not bad for someone who is “barely an average QB.”
I could care less if his record is 1-2 versus Pitt.

Games are played completely different now than back then. Games generated more for offense. Defenders cant do anything for fear of getting called for penalties so yeah QBS are gonna put better numbers. If marino played now hed double possibly triple what mcsorley puts up.

This guy just compared Trace McSorely to Dan Marino. Let that sink in for a bit.

LOL! That is absolutely hilarious!!! I mean, McSorley would be third team if he played on the same team with Marino. He'd be the scout team QB, or on special teams. It's not even fair to make that comparison, and very stupid.

Reactions: Jakey_John
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT