ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt -14 vs NC St

BFo8

Head Coach
Apr 2, 2013
Seems like a pretty solid opening number. NC St has looked abysmal on defense so far this season, so hopefully this is the game the offense finds some rhythm. Doeren more than likely a lame duck coach, this is a game Pitt should win and keep the season rolling along.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Seems like a pretty solid opening number. NC St has looked abysmal on defense so far this season, so hopefully this is the game the offense finds some rhythm. Doeren more than likely a lame duck coach, this is a game Pitt should win and keep the season rolling along.
Agreed - it would be nice to get the offense rolling. If we play a clean game, then we win going away.

I HOPE they cover. We really are moving the ball on teams we just haven't cashed in on the score board for a number of reasons. If we can score and sustain some drives to limit the other team's offense we can be in almost any game.

Reactions: Dan1911
We should cover. NC State’s defense is horrible. The offense should have at least a minimal level of success. And then the defense should set them up for some field position scores.

I think they win but don't think they cover that.
This is syracuse all over again. IMHO a strong bet to cash in on. Pitt will win, but by 10
or less imho. Hopefully this year is different, But being ranked and playing a terrible
ACC opponent spells lackluster performance. jmho

I hope the line trends up to +15, +16 and not downward

If I get beat by PITT vs the line, id be more than happy

Reactions: ThePanthers
This is syracuse all over again. IMHO a strong bet to cash in on. Pitt will win, but by 10
or less imho. Hopefully this year is different, But being ranked and playing a terrible
ACC opponent spells lackluster performance. jmho

I hope the line trends up to +15, +16 and not downward

If I get beat by PITT vs the line, id be more than happy
With the way Narduzzi coaches, it is hard to bet Pitt when we are heavily favored.

They didn’t
Wins are the only thing that matters

Sure. But by that rationale if we started a no arm QB at QB the last three games, there would be no need to worry about it as long as we were 3-0.

Everybody agrees that wins matter. But how you win and how sustainable that way of winning is, matters when projecting forward.

Pitt needs to win this game going away and getting the offense to score TDs in the red zone is huge. Be great to see Pitt with a solid win in all three phases of the game special teams, offense and defense going forward.

Sure. But by that rationale if we started a no arm QB at QB the last three games, there would be no need to worry about it as long as we were 3-0.

Everybody agrees that wins matter. But how you win and how sustainable that way of winning is, matters when projecting forward.
I would be thrilled we are 3-0
Because that’s the only thing that matters
You are what your schedule says you are

I would be thrilled we are 3-0
Because that’s the only thing that matters
You are what your schedule says you are

And we’re 0-0 as it relates to the next 8 games. So now what the rest of us are doing is having a discussion as it relates to *those* games. If you want to keep pointing out we beat Austin Pea, Cuse, and Lville, you can.

And we’re 0-0 as it relates to the next 8 games. So now what the rest of us are doing is having a discussion as it relates to *those* games. If you want to keep pointing out we beat Austin Pea, Cuse, and Lville, you can.
And if we won them for 30
We would likewise be 0-0 for the next 3 games -
Glad you agree with me after all

Reactions: BPKY

I believe this is true over the course of the season with 1 or 2 bad games for most teams, not necessarily losses. But I think that when your overall talent level gets high enough you blow teams out or in the case of this week, NC state , you cover the spread by the time its all over.

Not worth much but it seems a nice enough wish. It is too few games into the season for any accuracy but Sagarin’s computer today would predict losses to Miami and Clemson, a toss up with ND (edge to Pitt) and wins in all the rest.

I honestly think we could go undefeated and win the national championship winning every game 3-0 and some people would be disappointed.

It’s amazing that some of you guys seem to think that is possible.

The whole discussion that some of us are having on a discussion board is essentially, “hey, we’ve won the first 3 games 3-0. I’m not sure that is going to be sustainable over the next 8 games, especially as the good teams are actually on deck”

Various other posters: Oh my god shut up. We’re 3 and 0 on the year. Lets keep talking about being 3-0 until the next game happens.

Reactions: crharris8892
It’s amazing that some of you guys seem to think that is possible.

The whole discussion that some of us are having on a discussion board is essentially, “hey, we’ve won the first 3 games 3-0. I’m not sure that is going to be sustainable over the next 8 games, especially as the good teams are actually on deck”

Various other posters: Oh my god shut up. We’re 3 and 0 on the year. Lets keep talking about being 3-0 until the next game happens.

Offense definitely needs to step up and approve. But I don't think you need to be air raid to do that.

I see some saying we need to score 30 plus points for it to be a good win. What if we win 28-3? Is that a failure?

Reactions: BPKY
Offense definitely needs to step up and approve. But I don't think you need to be air raid to do that.

I see some saying we need to score 30 plus points for it to be a good win. What if we win 28-3? Is that a failure?

I guess it depends. The offensive needs to be efficient and have some explosive plays. If that happens, I don’t care how much we score. If that doesn’t happen, I don’t care how much we score.

If the score is 28-3 because we got a pick 6 and the defense set the offense up in short fields, but outside of that the offense continued to suck, then yea, that’s a failure as it relates to projecting wins against the upcoming schedule.

I guess it depends. The offensive needs to be efficient and have some explosive plays. If that happens, I don’t care how much we score. If that doesn’t happen, I don’t care how much we score.

If the score is 28-3 because we got a pick 6 and the defense set the offense up in short fields, but outside of that the offense continued to suck, then yea, that’s a failure as it relates to projecting wins against the upcoming schedule.
I can agree with that. If we get short fields and only kick fgs etc. Then it sucks. If we score 28 but they are on long sustained drives that burn off clock and we move but have to punt a few times to keep them the long field, its a success.

I just think people are fixated on a certain number and that doesn't tell the entire story.

BUT I'M also a believer that each game is its own game and what happens the prior has no bearing on the next.

I can agree with that. If we get short fields and only kick fgs etc. Then it sucks. If we score 28 but they are on long sustained drives that burn off clock and we move but have to punt a few times to keep them the long field, its a success.

I just think people are fixated on a certain number and that doesn't tell the entire story.

I think people are just fixated on wanting to see *some* signs of life offensively. Both so we can believe that this season can be special, and going forward can be special. So far we suck this year offensively. It’s starting to look like 4 years of horrible offense. That 2016 season was an entire recruiting cycle ago. It has been 2 different offensive coordinators. At some point Les Miles and Will Muschamp comparisons kinda start sneaking up.

And 3 and 0 doesn’t really remove that concern for me. Hell, it’s now like I had us 0 and 3 at this point before the season, so everything is just an unexpected joy ride and I’m drunk off the high. I think I had us 2 and 1 (although maybe 3 and 0), with an elite defense and horrible offense. We’re 3 and 0 with an elite defense and horrible offense.

I doubt we cover. I think their first string qb is the worst thing that could happen to us. He is a pocket passer and we woulda sacked him 10 times. Now they have a more dynamic qb. Probably will keep them in the game. Their defense doesn’t look good, but either does our offense. I think 24-21 or something like that.

Reactions: daminals76
Pitt is favored by 12.5 on Fan Duel and 14 at the Rivers.

Mostly 13.5’s offshore. As always have as many outs as possible, the amount of people that take whatever number available out of convenience still tilts me. If you are a regular bettor it can easily be the difference between a winning and losing season.

Mostly 13.5’s offshore. As always have as many outs as possible, the amount of people that take whatever number available out of convenience still tilts me. If you are a regular bettor it can easily be the difference between a winning and losing season.
I like to find a game that looks good to me (Pats vs LV this week) get the alternate line down to where I have some extra cushion and then use the 50% boost the Rivers offers on NFL Sunday games. I will do that with all the online betting sites. I also search for other bets I like. Watson with the over for passing TD’s today, and 20% from DraftKings. I compare all the sites, and pick and choose the best ones that look good. I like the in-game betting options that you can do from your phone as well. I wait for the line to swing during the game and then jump on the points. Denver Nuggets paid off well for me twice against the Lakers.

Reactions: BFo8
I like to find a game that looks good to me (Pats vs LV this week) get the alternate line down to where I have some extra cushion and then use the 50% boost the Rivers offers on NFL Sunday games. I will do that with all the online betting sites. I also search for other bets I like. Watson with the over for passing TD’s today, and 20% from DraftKings. I compare all the sites, and pick and choose the best ones that look good. I like the in-game betting options that you can do from your phone as well. I wait for the line to swing during the game and then jump on the points. Denver Nuggets paid off well for me twice against the Lakers.

These are all good things. I would suggest taking every little edge that books like Fan Duel and DraftKings offer. They are doing what they can to attract new people in new territories, these bonuses will not last forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT