ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Baseball #14

Top 5 is all SEC. Is that typical?

Miami was in the top 5, but FSU swept them over the weekend, and all three games were one-sided. Meanwhile, 8 ACC teams in the Top 25.

I think the rankings are skewed against the West Coast teams. Lots of good pitching out here, not just in the PAC-12 but teams like Fullerton, Long Beach State, San Diego State, etc. The best teams tend to have more losses because they will run into a potential top draft choice on the mound once a week.

That would be awesome, and makes sense.

The field is gorgeous, and the broadcast quality from Cost field is really, really good.

Great camera work with multiple angles, and replay with zoom that we haven’t seen from the ACC broadcasts when they were on the road.

Baseball America put out an NCAA projection today and they have Pitt hosting one of the 16 regionals. It’s behind a paywall or I would link it.

Btw, this weekend they didn’t use the away uniforms with the Panther-head logo on them. (The one I don’t like.) So, they obviously have at least 4 different road uniforms. There could be more combinations if they mix and match the blue and grey.

I assume they have at least that many home uniforms. Hopefully, we will see them all soon. I do like the home unis today.

Reactions: TJFAIRLIE
Btw, this weekend they didn’t use the away uniforms with the Panther-head logo on them. (The one I don’t like.) So, they obviously have at least 4 different road uniforms. There could be more combinations if they mix and match the blue and grey.

I assume they have at least that many home uniforms. Hopefully, we will see them all soon. I do like the home unis today.
I think they wore the same ones they normally do. Game 1 is the gray “Panthers” script with the gray hat, game 2 is the gray “P” with the blue and yellow hat, and game 3 is the blue Pitt script with the blue and yellow hat. Everything was just pushed back a day.

I’d guess for home games it’d be the white “P” they wore today, the white “Panthers” script with the white hats, and then the blue Pitt script just with white pants.

I’m amazed they can track distance and exit velocity on home runs. They said Yanni’s grand slam went 409 feet with an Exit velocity of 96 mph. I’m assuming that is something Pitt installed.

I would be amazed if there was a program in one of the higher level conferences that doesn't have that ability.

If they don't, they are falling way behind the times.

Nitpicking here, but I think they should switch the Friday and Sunday hats. The white crown/blue bill would look sharp with the blue jerseys, while the all-blue would give the otherwise all-white Fridays some color. Same for the road Friday/Sundays.

Reactions: pittjas and mike412
Not talking about today’s game, but for those of you that watch a lot of Pitt baseball, how well do you think Pitt runs the. Bases?

I didn't notice the announcer thing until this year. Wasn't sure if it was a covid thing or not. I thought there were announcers at every game regardless last year. I could definitely be wrong. I'm watching the softball game right now. It's on the main acc network so everything is good.

Baseball is down 4-1 to vt mid 6th.I know what your saying but they have been streaming games long before accx.And yes they had no announcers then but maybe you’re right it’s a coved thing.

The second softball game only on accnx is pooh. Don't know if they are shortstaffed with the baseball game and having to do the fsu and unc volleyball game, but I don't remember the production being this simplistic over the past 2 or 3 years.

I would be amazed if there was a program in one of the higher level conferences that doesn't have that ability.

If they don't, they are falling way behind the times.
True. My sons club has Hittrax which tracks exit velocity and launch angle and estimates the distance. If youth clubs have that, D1 ACC programs certainly have it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT