ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Baseball--Week 2 Thoughts

Feb 15, 2018
Hey Panther Fans,

Men's baseball sits at 5-2, which isn't a bad start. My biggest concern--like always, is that we schedule a cake walk prior to conference. Current break down:

- Our RPI at 5-2 is 177.. Second worst only ahead of UVA (this will change after week 3)
- We are one of the only schools without a power 5 program on our schedule (UVA is one too, but they are playing quality programs like Rice, UCF, and VMI)
- I like to use in-class comps like Notre Dame, VT, Boston College to give a fair evaluation of our program and all of them play several interesting series prior to conference

The refreshing part is I think the arms on this team are talented. They are deep out of the pen, but I expect us to struggle at the plate--losing Caleb Parry for a couple weeks will hurt.

Upcoming Schedule:
UMass 3x
Butler
St. Peters

I've followed a few games and it seems like they are struggling at the plate and with runners on base. Is jordano safe?

Hey Panther Fans,

Men's baseball sits at 5-2, which isn't a bad start. My biggest concern--like always, is that we schedule a cake walk prior to conference. Current break down:

- Our RPI at 5-2 is 177.. Second worst only ahead of UVA (this will change after week 3)
- We are one of the only schools without a power 5 program on our schedule (UVA is one too, but they are playing quality programs like Rice, UCF, and VMI)
- I like to use in-class comps like Notre Dame, VT, Boston College to give a fair evaluation of our program and all of them play several interesting series prior to conference

The refreshing part is I think the arms on this team are talented. They are deep out of the pen, but I expect us to struggle at the plate--losing Caleb Parry for a couple weeks will hurt.

Upcoming Schedule:
UMass 3x
Butler
St. Peters[/QUOTE Hey Jack - don’t all of the Pitt teams play a fairly soft schedule prior to getting into ACC play?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT