Votes: 165 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 9.8%

• Total voters

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
A month into the season just curious what you guys think.

There are some positives so far from this team like the Northwestern and NC State win. The 3 point shooting. But I don't know it still feels like this a team and program that we can all see lose like 9 of 10 in Jan/Feb and collapse like pretty much all Capel' teams do.

Big John is a shell of himself and it doesn't look like to me he is going to contribute much of anything meaningful this season. When you're relegated to 10 minutes of the bench against a team like Scared Heart, you know there's a problem. And he stunk the 10 minutes he was in.

Look I started to have a glimmer of hope that this season might surprise us all after the Northwestern and NC State wins but watching the past 2 games against Vandy and Sacred Heart has brought me back down to reality.

I just don't see this Pitt team doing much in the ACC and not even coming close to a postseason invite. The question is will Heather have seen enough and get rid of Jeff. That's the big question. I'm gonna say yes. Another late season collapse will put the final nail in his coffin. I say Jeff Capel will not be back next season.

Reactions: jlazinger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News