ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Boosters, A Trustee, and Radio color man, and Cal

bad look for the university. You think it's okay that probably 2 hours earlier Cal is trashing Pitt to Thiero telling him why he shouldn't go there and then yucking it up over dinner with some of the more prominent representatives of Pitt?
Trash Pitt? He probably said we will pay more than Pitt or UNC. No need to trash any one when all kids care about is money.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
If you think for one second that any recruit gives a shit about who has lunch with who you’re kidding yourself . ( unless it’s some sport or music icon ) . Cal has friends that he established while he was a coach for Pitt , god forbid that he has maintained relationships with the them .

These kids care about two things , how much and can you get me to the next level .
What a joke of a response. Cal used his old cronies as pawns in his larger game. Does Thiero care who Cal has lunch with…. probably not but just maybe as a young guy he may be somewhat impressed that his former HC who is courting him again has enough clout to get a member of the Pitt board of trustees to have dinner with him in his pig costume. Cal is circulating this picture with an objective and it’s not to prove he breaks bread periodically with old cronies in h th he burgh.

Last edited:
What a joke of a response. Cal used his old cronies as pawns in his larger game. Does Thiero care who Cal has lunch with…. probably not but just maybe as a young guy he may be somewhat impressed that his former HC who is courting him again has enough clout to get a member of the Pitt board of trustees to have dinner with him in his pig costume. Cal is circulating this picture with an objective and it’s to prove he breaks bread periodically with old cronies in h th he burgh.

Thiero doesn't care who Cal eats with. However, Cal is no fool. The picture, which didn't have to be posted, was posted as a reminder to Pitt that you dont mess him. He gets what he wants. More of a message to back off on Meleek since he's the bigger fish.

Reactions: FireballZ
What a joke of a response. Cal used his old cronies as pawns in his larger game. Does Thiero care who Cal has lunch with…. probably not but just maybe as a young guy he may be somewhat impressed that his former HC who is courting him again has enough clout to get a member of the Pitt board of trustees to have dinner with him in his pig costume. Cal is circulating this picture with an objective and it’s to prove he breaks bread periodically with old cronies in h th he burgh.
These kids wouldn’t know who the chancellor of the university is let alone someone on the board of trustees .

Without looking it up name the people on the board of trustees !

Ps … Right now only the numbers on the check matter and if you’re getting a really big number you’re not going to Pitt .

Pig costume. Lol

Here's my theory. Calipari met with those Pitt boosters to pay them to lay off of Theiro & Maleek. It's a business and those guys benefited from it. Smh

Reactions: bschulter
Here's my theory. Calipari met with those Pitt boosters to pay them to lay off of Theiro & Maleek. It's a business and those guys benefited from it. Smh

I was thinking along the same lines but I dont think he asked them directly. More of if you like this "friendship," dont mess this up, wink wink.

Cal lured these unsuspecting buffoons to a small family run Italian restaurant and gave them an offer that they couldn’t refuse ….movie to follow .

Cal lured these unsuspecting buffoons to a small family run Italian restaurant and gave them an offer that they couldn’t refuse ….movie to follow .
Anybody can be bought off. These guys probably cost Pitt millions for their own personal gains. Just have to laugh at this but glad their faces were exposed.

Anybody can be bought off. These guys probably cost Pitt millions for their own personal gains. Just have to laugh at this but glad their faces were exposed.

With the money Cal has to throw around, if Thiero was a priority, don't you think he would have him locked up by now?

With the money Cal has to throw around, if Thiero was a priority, don't you think he would have him locked up by now?
We have/had a lucrative offer on the table for Theiro. Maleek is being coveted too so more than 1 recruit in this situation.

What a joke of a response. Cal used his old cronies as pawns in his larger game. Does Thiero care who Cal has lunch with…. probably not but just maybe as a young guy he may be somewhat impressed that his former HC who is courting him again has enough clout to get a member of the Pitt board of trustees to have dinner with him in his pig costume. Cal is circulating this picture with an objective and it’s not to prove he breaks bread periodically with old cronies in h th he burgh.
LOL, I can guarantee you that Thiero couldn't name a single member of the Pitt Board of Trustees, and doesn't really care.

Would be an epically bad business deal. Why would he pay off a table full of people when he could just give it to the recruits and outbid Pitt? It would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

I dunno... Calipari just looks like a broken down old man. I suspect he suffers the same career fate as Huggins.

Well, of course, but don’t think for a second that Cal won’t tell him…anyone who believes Cal didn’t contrive this whole affair is a fool

I have no idea if Cal contrived the affair and photo, but I'm pretty confident it will have zero impact on where Thomas and Thiero end up.

I have no idea if Cal contrived the affair and photo, but I'm pretty confident it will have zero impact on where Thomas and Thiero end up.
What then, was the purpose of releasing this staged picture with Thiero in his new white sooey suit? Perhaps the Stiller's new center wasn't far off on his card remarks.

What then, was the purpose of releasing this staged picture with Thiero in his new white sooey suit? Perhaps the Stiller's new center wasn't far off on his card remarks.
You'll have to explain because I don't understand what you're talking about with Thiero and white sooey suit.

Most 60 and 70 yr old men I know don’t wear Pitt Tshirts or hoodies out to dinner …..just saying !
And neither do head basketball coaches attending a private dinner with old friends 600 miles away from campus who have no association with the coach’s school… just saying!

This is incredible. Everyone who participated in this thread please donate your brains to science when you pass away- the world needs to study this.

Reactions: CrazyPaco
Most 60 and 70 yr old men I know don’t wear Pitt Tshirts or hoodies out to dinner …..just saying !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT