ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Coach Narduzzi Sounds Off On Clap Flap, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
HMMMnnnnnn, the clap has been used by Coach Pat & Staff last year and in the Villanova Game, NO one on Nova complained but looks like Coach Pat finally addressed the clap once and for all yesterday.

This should end the Clap Flap until the next "UnRIVALRY Game" next year?

Now onto OK State!

Excerpt:

At first, Pat Narduzzi didn't want to talk about the clap flap between Pitt and Penn State. Eventually, however, Pitt's coach couldn't contain himself. Narduzzi spent several minutes Wednesday on the ACC coaches' conference call answering a reporter's question by explaining how and why his defensive players — now and in the past — clap their hands to call out signals....Nonetheless, Franklin said Tuesday during his weekly news conference, “You're not allowed to do that.” Narduzzi said clapping is just one means of communication his defenses have used for years at Pitt and Michigan State. Video from Pitt's game against Villanova on Sept. 3 shows middle linebacker Matt Galambos clapping before the snap. “We clap,” Narduzzi said. “We raise the roof with our hands. We twist our arms. We do kind of like a cowboy lasso. We did it at Michigan State. But the offense has to do something to make us clap, and if they stand still most of the time, we don't do a whole lot of it.” Penn State's offense used a clap cadence to deal with the noise from a Heinz Field-record crowd of 69,983. “It was loud out there,” Narduzzi said. “I can't just yell things to guys and hope they hear them.” Finally, Narduzzi was tired of talking about clapping and turned his attention toward Oklahoma State, Pitt's opponent Saturday.

LINK:
http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/11142599-74/narduzzi-state-clap

Last edited:
"Next thing we're going to do is tell our fans they can't clap. Are the fans allowed to clap? I don't know. You tell me.”

How do you not love this guy?

Its interesting that he brought up the idea of regulating fan cheering because Penn State was the only team in the history of sports to outlaw booing. Fans could boo the other team but not their own.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
"Next thing we're going to do is tell our fans they can't clap. Are the fans allowed to clap? I don't know. You tell me.”

How do you not love this guy?

Its interesting that he brought up the idea of regulating fan cheering because Penn State was the only team in the history of sports to outlaw booing. Fans could boo the other team but not their own.
Pitt could use another Stadium Cheer,,,,,,,,WE ARE....CLAP CLAP!

Honestly, I'll be disappointed if someone doesn't turn this into a viral Pitt fan dancing video.
I just think them up, but the Younger Millennials have to create the Cheers at Heinz and put them up on YOUTUBE and Pitt has to Trademark it!!!

We can call it the Narduzzi-Franklin CLAP CLAP! just to keep it in Franklin's head all game long next year, if he is still there! We can sell it to the Steelers to against the Bungals!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT