ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/cuse volleyball

Chaos

Assistant Coach
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2001
Hopefully Pitt handles Cuse as they should and some bench players get some reps. Wish ut didn't overlap with women's soccer, but I'll have vball on the tv, and soccer on the computer. H2P

I knew Cuse was not good, but just looked at the standings and saw they are 0-17 in conference. Wow. Should definitely be a short day for our starters.

Reactions: Chaos
Fisher's pattern lately has been to play the regulars in matches like these, longer than you would expect. However at this stage in the season, I have to think he wants to minimize the risk for injury and keep the players fresh and so will play the backups more. At least I hope so.

Reactions: Chaos and PittMBA
Fisher's pattern lately has been to play the regulars in matches like these, longer than you would expect. However at this stage in the season, I have to think he wants to minimize the risk for injury and keep the players fresh and so will play the backups more. At least I hope so.
Yeah - obviously a fine line - need our starters to keep their rhythm but at the same time a good opportunity for rest. That said, risking losing a set is a bad idea.

My guess is we play to win quickly- they won’t mess around . 3-0 with lopsided scores .

Yeah - obviously a fine line - need our starters to keep their rhythm but at the same time a good opportunity for rest. That said, risking losing a set is a bad idea.

My guess is we play to win quickly- they won’t mess around . 3-0 with lopsided scores .
Every single player on Pitt would be the best player on Syracuse’s roster if they transferred there. Last time we met Fairbanks and VVG got rest days and we still swept them handily. I would guess we’ll see starters for 2 sets and then see the backup setters, Dalton, and Bayless come in for the last set. Maybe even Cat Flood will get to hit some in set 3. We don’t have backup MBs though so they need to play the whole match. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Monks with double digit blocks today

Every single player on Pitt would be the best player on Syracuse’s roster if they transferred there. Last time we met Fairbanks and VVG got rest days and we still swept them handily. I would guess we’ll see starters for 2 sets and then see the backup setters, Dalton, and Bayless come in for the last set. Maybe even Cat Flood will get to hit some in set 3. We don’t have backup MBs though so they need to play the whole match. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Monks with double digit blocks today
This is basically the approach he took against UVA. I understand wanting to keep the starters sharp heading into the tournament. At the same time, they won’t be challenged today, so not sure it makes a difference.

This is basically the approach he took against UVA. I understand wanting to keep the starters sharp heading into the tournament. At the same time, they won’t be challenged today, so not sure it makes a difference.
also - In case there’s any confusion- PItt is promoting the match as for the ACC Championship. We would be co-champions with FSU ( assuming FSU doesn’t lose )

also - In case there’s any confusion- PItt is promoting the match as for the ACC Championship. We would be co-champions with FSU ( assuming FSU doesn’t lose )
I'll borrow the phrase from @Vader_Storm....'All Gas, No Brakes'.....I want to see nothing but rubble left of the Syracuse volleyball program when Pitt leaves town tonight. I'm still pissed about the loss to FSU.

And while we're on the subject of FSU....look for ND to upset these pretenders. Sydney Palazzolo will go off on FSU with 25 kills and a hitting % of .400. This will be the signature win for 2nd year ND coach Salima Rockwell who is one of my favorite ACC coaches. Just for background....she was a 3 time AA at Penn State....and began her coaching career at Pitt from 2001-2003. Before joining ND she was an ESPN analyst and announcer and was always complementary of Dan Fisher and the Pitt program. She is also a native of Pittsburgh. She's a 1st class person.

Finally....let's not forget that our women's soccer team takes on FSU in an elite 8 match today to advance to the NCAA final 4.

So what you are saying is that today would be a good day for Florida State to have a bad day!
That would be.....

Thumbs Up Awesome GIF by Samsung Austria

Looks like Fairbanks getting the day off, or could just be getting Akeo one last start in her career, we’ll see how the rotation goes

I have this on laptop, soccer on the tv. H2P
I flipped over at halftime. Syracuse 0-17? Yeah I made the correct choice.

But yeah I know how to prioritize. I chose Vball over Pitt football last Thursday. Lol.

I flipped over at halftime. Syracuse 0-17? Yeah I made the correct choice.

But yeah I know how to prioritize. I chose Vball over Pitt football last Thursday. Lol.
I was hoping one started a little later, but making the most of it. H2P

Pitt is cruising to a top 4 seed
I'm surprised at how bad Cuse is.i know their record is terrible, but still surprised at how bad they are. I missed why they only have 7 players. Injuries?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT