ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/cuse volleyball

Awesome.

How secure is our RPI? I know our SOS is elite, but I’m wondering if we can drop in the RPI after beating an 0-18 team?

I don't know if our RPI ranking will drop after playing Syracuse, but I have no doubt that our rating, the actual number not our placement in the system, will go down.

One of the flaws with the RPI, it is possible to play matches and have your rating fall, no matter how badly you crush the opponent.

I don't know if our RPI ranking will drop after playing Syracuse, but I have no doubt that our rating, the actual number not our placement in the system, will go down.

One of the flaws with the RPI, it is possible to play matches and have your rating fall, no matter how badly you crush the opponent.
With Wisconsin beating Nebraska today that puts Wisconsin back in the top 4 seed conversation but I think the worse case is Pitt drops to the #4 slot as top seed and Wisconsin leapfrogs us to #3. Pitt may even retain the #3 slot. I think Nebraska stays at #1 and Stanford #2.

Reactions: chrisran24
Bayless is looking great.
I’m really excited for her next year, her potential is through the roof. Just needs to work on technique and hitting decisions but she’s a heck of an athlete. Future is so bright

Reactions: Chaos
Hoping like hell Pitt gets a top 4. Looking forward to a lot of home matches in the Tournament. I wonder if they’ll play all of them at the Pete?

Last year they played at the Field House. In 2021 they played the first weekend at the Pete and the second weekend at the Field House.

For the record, there are no home basketball games next weekend that could prevent them from playing at the Pete if they want to.

also - In case there’s any confusion- PItt is promoting the match as for the ACC Championship. We would be co-champions with FSU ( assuming FSU doesn’t lose )
Why co-champs and not sole champs? Yes, we split with them but we finished 16-2 in Conference to their 15-3 in Conference. Is there some arcane Volleyball rule? What don't I understand?

OK
Why co-champs and not sole champs? Yes, we split with them but we finished 16-2 in Conference to their 15-3 in Conference. Is there some arcane Volleyball rule? What don't I understand?
Ok, so FSU may finish 16-2. Didn't realize that anyone but Pitt and Louisville were contenders for the ACC title.

Why co-champs and not sole champs? Yes, we split with them but we finished 16-2 in Conference to their 15-3 in Conference. ...
Florida State is playing Notre Dame at 2pm today (Saturday). If they win, both Pitt and FSU will have 16-2 records, leaving them co-champions. FSU will get the automatic qualifier due to their better head to head record.

EDIT: Contenders? Well, only due to the ACC's unbalanced schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT