ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Deputy Athletic Director Julio Freire RESIGNS!!

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
I swear total chaos going on right now at Pitt. Wouldn't surprise me if Heather ups and leaves all of a sudden too. I mean why not? With Stallings embarrassing Pitt basketball which started with Barnes, then she inexplicably gives him some lame vote of confidence, and now the deputy AD takes a hike???

Yikes.

Last edited:
I swear total chaos going on right now at Pitt. Wouldn't surprise me if Heather ups and leaves all of a sudden too. I mean why not? With Stallings embarrassing Pitt basketball which started with Barnes, then she inexplicably gives him some lame vote of confidence, and now the deputy AD takes a hike???

Yikes.

Heather came from a mid level MAC school not Notre Dame chill out lol...

Seriously what the bleeping heck is going on at this University?? This is getting scary now!!!
This one may actually be benign. Assuming he was a carry over from either Barnes or Peterson's regimes, do you really mind if he's leaving? Look at what they wrought...

Dude......it's lunchtime and I'm at panera bread

I just spit coffee laughing and people are staring

Thanks for that bro......
At least you get the Bogo Panera Bread Coupon with the ticket stub. That will be the most valuable part of the ticket. Although - I have come to hate that place because the arrogant college grads that work there and the food is overrated.

Reactions: Ronnyp91

Yikes.
Ever consider the fact that this guy is leaving BECAUSE of Heather? He was a holdover from the previous regime.

Reactions: rrig5
Ever consider the fact that this guy is leaving BECAUSE of Heather? He was a holdover from the previous regime.

Or, somewhat the opposite, he was hired by Barnes and she may very well want to fill his position with someone she knows from the past and told him to move on. Pretty much SOP if you watch what has happened in the past when Pitt changed AD's.

Yikes.

Barnes's hire so all good by me. Drain the swamp.

Or just like any business in the history of business, a new person comes in and wants to clean out some room for a new person more aligned with their beliefs. This is nothing.

Nothing indeed, and we've certainly got enough real things to worry about ...

Reactions: rrig5 and Piranha
Seriously what the bleeping heck is going on at this University?? This is getting scary now!!!

Organizational Chaos starts at the top with incompetent /Peter Principle losers in over their heads!

That's the problem at PITT and it better get fixed soon before it spills over to football and to academics.

Things look ok at PITT on the academic side but I bet if you pull down the covers there are problems there as well.

The academic side of a U the size of PITT will appear to run smoothly with the new Chancelor on shear momentum alone until enough bad decisions are made where they begin to shown up

Reactions: PittPoker
Big blow to the diversity objective too. A Hispanic French guy? Double niche hit.
The Hispanic part is a box checker but you can fire as many French men or woman as you like and it doesn't matter. Its probably a good thing. They can go back to France and get one of those 30 hr/wk make work /keep the people happy gov't. jobs picking up papers on the streets.

Reactions: brickfhouse
The Hispanic part is a box checker but you can fire as many French men or woman as you like and it doesn't matter. Its probably a good thing they can go back to France and get one of those 30 hr/wk make work /keep the people happy gov't. jobs picking up papers on the streets.
People are pooh pooing this but I think it shows more chaos right now at Pitt and perception is everything. Not a good thing.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
At least you get the Bogo Panera Bread Coupon with the ticket stub. That will be the most valuable part of the ticket. Although - I have come to hate that place because the arrogant college grads that work there and the food is overrated.

Totally agree. $10 for a meal there and I'm still quite hungry.

Reactions: Piranha
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

The Hispanic part is a box checker but you can fire as many French men or woman as you like and it doesn't matter. Its probably a good thing. They can go back to France and get one of those 30 hr/wk make work /keep the people happy gov't. jobs picking up papers on the streets.
To be fair, a job in Pitt's AD isn't likely a whole lot more strenuous than one of those make - work French jobs you describe. I'm sure they mean well but it's not exactly like they're being benchmarked against the champion programs. "Basketball seems in a bit of distress. Should I call those wealthy alum again that I tried to call last November?" "Geez, pace yourself kid."

People are pooh pooing this but I think it shows more chaos right now at Pitt and perception is everything. Not a good thing.

Nope. This guy wasn't even here for a year. He was hired by Barnes and most people have never even heard of him.

What impact has he made? What's he done?

The new sheriff wants her own deputy. Nothing else to see here.

Yikes.
Could it be as simple as turnover when a new boss comes in? Which could mean he didn't want to work for her or vice versa but either way pretty normal in lots of places.

Panera sucks over priced crappy sandwiches. Nice place for snowflakes though. sheesh.
In addition to the fake organic food.

A guy I met thru business used to work for an "organic" food company. As I thought he confirmed there isn't the farming capacity to farm massive amounts of organic foods so they kinda fake it sprinkle some stuff on it, label it organic, charge a high price and rip the snowflakes off.

There was a recent headline about Whole Foods buying organic foods from China. No way those foods are organic its probably grown in toxic wastes.

Its the biggest scam going! Well one of the big ones along with man made global warming!

In addition to the fake organic food.

A guy I met thru business used to work for an "organic" food company. As I thought he confirmed there isn't the farming capacity to farm massive amounts of organic foods so they kinda fake it sprinkle some stuff on it, label it organic, charge a high price and rip the snowflakes off.

There was a recent headline about Whole Foods buying organic foods from China. No way those foods are organic its probably grown in toxic wastes.

Its the biggest scam going! Well one of the big ones along with man made global warming!

Dear Lord.

Reactions: gilligan 3
I sometimes wondered if you were a troll and your board persona was just to be negative for the sake of shock. Now I am sure of it. You had me going. But now I'm on to you. Haha. No way anyone can seriously be upset about this. Can you go back to your 200 daily anti Stallings posts now?

Reactions: FireballZ
I sometimes wondered if you were a troll and your board persona was just to be negative for the sake of shock. Now I am sure of it. You had me going. But now I'm on to you. Haha. No way anyone can seriously be upset about this. Can you go back to your 200 daily anti Stallings posts now?
Yes yes you got me!!! You found me out!!! And I will go back to my anti-Stallings posts now but you said 200?? There should be 2000 the way he has embarrassed and put Pitt basketball in the toilet.

Or, somewhat the opposite, he was hired by Barnes and she may very well want to fill his position with someone she knows from the past and told him to move on. Pretty much SOP if you watch what has happened in the past when Pitt changed AD's.
That's what I'm saying.

Reactions: PHATWOOD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT