ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt dropped out of top 10 recruiting…in ACC

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
With the loss of farmer, their average is now 11th, only better than BC, Cuse, and Virginia. The good is that there is not a whole lot of separation 4-10, but still, this stings after recent success. And yes ratings matter. You can only coach up so much and with the success Duzz has had, he deserves more NIL to work with to land more talent.

With the loss of farmer, their average is now 11th, only better than BC, Cuse, and Virginia. The good is that there is not a whole lot of separation 4-10, but still, this stings after recent success. And yes ratings matter. You can only coach up so much and with the success Duzz has had, he deserves more NIL to work with to land more talent.
What NIL fund are you donating to and how much have you donated?

Dropped way before Farmer.

Pitt's class is better than GT, Duke, Virginia, Syracuse, BC and Wake and on par with NC State and Louisville. Barely behind VT and UNC.
Florida State and Clemson are the only schools clearly ahead of Pitt in recruiting so go create another dumb negative thread.

Oh boy another negative thread ! Hard to tell fans from trolls on this site. If all the negative folks are truly Pitt fans I hope you look at the 20 games we won over the last 2 seasons and take a deep breath.
H2P

yeah but look at how many 4 star recruits visited pitt in june.

We're just playing the long game, baby. Monkey Pox Pandemic + "6th"-year QB = Big 12 Championship!

Yes, I know Kenny Pickett only played five years; it was a joke based on how many people used to say he was in his 6th season.

Oh boy another negative thread ! Hard to tell fans from trolls on this site. If all the negative folks are truly Pitt fans I hope you look at the 20 games we won over the last 2 seasons and take a deep breath.
H2P
Clearly you missed the part where I talk about Duzz' on the field success. The concern is about ability to sustain that down the road. A QB can make up for a lot of things. I have high expectations for this season based on getting Jurk in the mix. I am also excited for Veilleux. But to get over the top, the whole class needs a bump up. They were another 3-4 players from being undefeated in 2021-2022. They were both 7th in ACC ave in 2017 and 2018 classes and 5-6th in 2016, which contributed heavily to recent success. No excuses for dropping after an ACC title. It is not trolling. It is more wth...

Last edited:
I hope you have a drink this weekend and touch some grass.

I hope you have a drink this weekend and touch some grass.
A-cannabis-smoker-in-Urug-012.jpg

Feelin' better now.....:cool:

H2P
Typical straw man argument garbage so popular on this site. If you criticize Pitt’s recruiting, you must be a troll, Nitter, Hoopie or whatever other unfunny and dull name people get called here.

Both things can be and in this case, are true. Pitt has won 20 games the last 2 years, we get it. But, it’s also true that Pitt’s recruiting sucks. Those of you who want to wear the blue and gold colored glasses, so fragile that they can’t accept the suggestion that Narduzzi is a bad recruiter will just never get it.

Reactions: cbpitt2 and NNFAN
The average is pretty much tied for 7th in the ACC. But yeah, it's still concerning that they have not been able to improve recruiting. I was really hoping that this class might end up in the 3.25 range.

Reactions: NNFAN
Typical straw man argument garbage so popular on this site. If you criticize Pitt’s recruiting, you must be a troll, Nitter, Hoopie or whatever other unfunny and dull name people get called here.

Both things can be and in this case, are true. Pitt has won 20 games the last 2 years, we get it. But, it’s also true that Pitt’s recruiting sucks. Those of you who want to wear the blue and gold colored glasses, so fragile that they can’t accept the suggestion that Narduzzi is a bad recruiter will just never get it.
You're right. Hyperbole is much better.

If you come to these boards for the football recruiting, well, I’m not sure what’s changed since Rivals started. Every year has the same feel as the previous one, or the previous five, ten or fifteen years.

You're right. Hyperbole is much better.
It isn’t hyperbole. Which class of recruits has you overly impressed with Narduzzi? 2021 stands out because they finished 33rd on 247 and 28th composite. But, that seems to be the outlier. But, very few of those guys have even played, let alone made a contribution Rodney Hammond, Gavin Bartholomew being the exceptions.

It isn’t hyperbole. Which class of recruits has you overly impressed with Narduzzi? 2021 stands out because they finished 33rd on 247 and 28th composite. But, that seems to be the outlier. But, very few of those guys have even played, let alone made a contribution Rodney Hammond, Gavin Bartholomew being the exceptions.
Saying that the recruiting "sucks" is hyperbole. No other way to couch it.

How long before you come back under a new name? I'll bet you don't make it past September, maybe October.

it's no secret that this staff (and the others before it) dont recruit the high school ranks very well. but with the portal, and good old fashioned development, we are putting out an above average team every year..

so until we just find ourselves over-matched, i dont think we should cry too much about below avg recruiting classes.

If you consider the advent of the NIL and this fan base, the fact that Pitt hasn't dropped is probably a win.

Yeah but Pitt really needs to improve it's recruiting ratings. They've been reletively lucky that teams like Miami, FSU, NC, etc have been kind of floundering. Even Clemson had a down when Pitt won the conference. Really needed to have used their on field success to get an edge with recruiting.

Reactions: NNFAN
Yeah but Pitt really needs to improve it's recruiting ratings. They've been reletively lucky that teams like Miami, FSU, NC, etc have been kind of floundering. Even Clemson had a down when Pitt won the conference. Really needed to have used their on field success to get an edge with recruiting.
All of that is true and I'm not about to argue against it but stating that the recruiting "sucks" is way over the top.

This recruiting class will end up the same or higher than the ones who brought us 20 wins over the last 2 seasons. The bottom line is wins and losses on the field. Pitt will never land a Top 10 class because fans would rather complain rather than do their part.

Why are "we" lucky when we win? Why weren't we simply better?

Gotta admit - I thought we'd be doing better after that ACC Championship. But I get it: That just so happened to coincide with NIL funny money getting throw around.

If you go back and look, Narduzzi's recruiting rankings average out to being lower than his predecessors' (disregarding outlier years with coaching changes). Where I think all the difference is made is the evaluation method of his lower-rated players. You have to consider that about half of each class is going to bust out anyway. And instead of the token offers to fill out the class, I think he has a higher standard on the low 3-star types.

Where he certainly needs to do better is landing more of the "obvious star" types. We're not bringing in nearly as many of those as we were, and our offensive playmaking weapons are limited as a result. Not saying it's easy to do.

When you bring in the 70th ranked class a year after winning the ACC, how else would you describe it? And I get it, the class was small. Even still, it was a poor quality class.
That class is brutal. Baer, Fitzsimmons and Okunlola is pretty much all that class is.. Maybe Scott or Louis pan out but still looking at 5 (best case) players out of a recruiting class. not good.

When you bring in the 70th ranked class a year after winning the ACC, how else would you describe it? And I get it, the class was small. Even still, it was a poor quality class.
If it was a normal sized class with that average it would have been in the 30's. There was nothing "poor" about that class at all. Just small. You're reaching or you don't understand recruiting rankings.

If the recruiting truly sucks than how did Pitt manage to win 20 games the last 2 years and have 6 guys drafted into the NFL in 2023, tied with Clemson for the most in the ACC? It would seem that a more accurate assessment is that Pitt's classes are under-rated.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
agree, that's why the '22 class is brutal. we are looking at (Hopefully) 5 out of 13..
You're also looking at it in retrospect. It's like trying to claim KP was 5-star talent because he was a first rounder, years after the fact. But just making a blanket statement that recruiting "sucks" is just over the top. If it did, Duzz would have been gone a couple years ago.

You're also looking at it in retrospect. It's like trying to claim KP was 5-star talent because he was a first rounder, years after the fact. But just making a blanket statement that recruiting "sucks" is just over the top. If it did, Duzz would have been gone a couple years ago.
i didnt say recruiting sucks. i think these recruiting rankings are beyond silly.. why people reference them is beyond me..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT