ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt dropped out of top 10 recruiting…in ACC

If you come to these boards for the football recruiting, well, I’m not sure what’s changed since Rivals started. Every year has the same feel as the previous one, or the previous five, ten or fifteen years.
Yeah I realized that a few years ago. I don't really pay attention to recruiting anymore- I'll learn the names when they hit the field. Pitt is never gonna land a top 15 class and once you get past the top 200 or so recruits aren't they all pretty interchangeable and hard to project anyways? For every diamond in the rough this board hypes up that turns out to be great there are 5 or 6 that transfer to FCS after 2 years.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I'm an overthinker, and that tends to make me look at things from the non-obvious perspective at times. So with 2021...

Is that an example of, "What they're doing is working," or is it an example of just HOW MUCH recruiting big-time talent matters? We had three 1st round picks on that team. That's what it took to win the conference (probably in addition to Clemson having a down year). And as the percentages will show, 4 and 5-stars have a way better chance of becoming 1st-round picks.

Just a thought. Ultimately, I think the answer is a little of both.

Yeah I realized that a few years ago. I don't really pay attention to recruiting anymore- I'll learn the names when they hit the field. Pitt is never gonna land a top 15 class and once you get past the top 200 or so recruits aren't they all pretty interchangeable and hard to project anyways? For every diamond in the rough this board hypes up that turns out to be great there are 5 or 6 that transfer to FCS after 2 years.
Yep. People will say what the heck are you doing subscribing to a Pitt recruiting site for then? And my response is that it was basketball that first brought me here, even though I’m a football first guy, because it’s a heck of a lot more interesting following recruiting in that sport because traditionally you’re only filling a few spots per year. And one player can change the trajectory of a program in hoops. Getting commits from 20 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ players each year in football has the rinse, wash, repeat feeling for me. I’m here to stay connected to my school brethren and discuss all things. Football recruiting just happens to almost always be way down the list.

With the loss of farmer, their average is now 11th, only better than BC, Cuse, and Virginia. The good is that there is not a whole lot of separation 4-10, but still, this stings after recent success. And yes ratings matter. You can only coach up so much and with the success Duzz has had, he deserves more NIL to work with to land more talent.
Doesn’t matter when you beat them on the field.

Come on man. We know the deal. Increasingly, we will get our starters from transfers, usually guys from the top level schools who got caught up in numbers, fell in the depth charts, recovering from injury too slow, got over-recruited etc.

It is these guys who will be our 4 or 5 star guys. Slightly tarnished, scratch and dent, possibly put together with bondo, but … hey, at one time they were 4 or 5 star guys.

We also will continue plucking the better players who emerge in G5 (though given developments, perhaps we should be called G5 soon as well…heck, maybe that is an insult to the G5).

Anyway our 2.5 star high school recruits will be our backups and special teams warriors.

Occasionally a couple of those will emerge and push the transfer guys and he’ll be a feel good story.

But much more often, the prep guys actually will not just be backups, but usually third string (especially as the quality of those prep guys drop after our profile sinks due to all the realignment). As we see right now with QB, even our second string guys will increasingly come from transfers, too.

Yay.

With the loss of farmer, their average is now 11th, only better than BC, Cuse, and Virginia. The good is that there is not a whole lot of separation 4-10, but still, this stings after recent success. And yes ratings matter. You can only coach up so much and with the success Duzz has had, he deserves more NIL to work with to land more talent.

Sleep Yawn GIF

I'm old enough to remember a Pitt class being ranked 54th ( #duzzcantrecruit ). The same class put multiple players in the NFL, won a championship and was reranked 9th in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT