ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans sure know how to pick them

H2P 2003

Sophomore
Sep 9, 2018
Pitt fans couldn’t wait to move on from PC....they loved that narduzzi talked like a yinzer, was a great defensive coach, etc.

Pitt fans couldn’t wait to see JD go, then defended stallings incessantly.

Pitt fans wanted to chase off Walt, only to replace him with wanny who immediately missed three straight bowls, then choked away the worst P6 conference in modern football three years in a row.

It is time for PN to go. He lived on PC’s recruit the first two years, and now this is a disaster. People thought pitt was a dumpster fire with PC...this is a dumpster fire.

Chryst?????

The mumbling idiot? Yeah let’s be happy with that.

Narduzzi isn’t a yinzer.

Wannstedt was, and shouldn’t have been fired

Reactions: PhPanther2
36-8 at Wisconsin tells me he isn’t an idiot.

Why??

It’s a ****ing stupid comment. Christ couldn’t recruit here, he sucked! He goes home to his place (a yinzer in whisky) and he has pull, and a great team to boot.

Obviously it doesn’t make him a great coach at Pitt

Reactions: PhPanther2
Why??

It’s a ****ing stupid comment. Christ couldn’t recruit here, he sucked! He goes home to his place (a yinzer in whisky) and he has pull, and a great team to boot.

I saw him bring in Tyler Boyd, James Conner, and a bunch of offensive linemen who made the NFL.

He didn’t have great star ratings here, and hasn’t at Wisconsin, but the players he put on the field absolutely blow away what narduzzi is running out there.

I saw him bring in Tyler Boyd, James Conner, and a bunch of offensive linemen who made the NFL.

He didn’t have great star ratings here, and hasn’t at Wisconsin, but the players he put on the field absolutely blow away what narduzzi is running out there.
I agree 100% with this.

Reactions: paulbl99
Narduzzi was coming off an award winning season and he was nationally renowned as a solid hire. He didn’t pan out. This is not necessarily uncommon. What’s inexplicable is that Pitt can never get it right.
Walt did a good of turning Pitt around. He turned out to be a good hire. Wanny was a decent hire. Chryst was a decent hire, but we got unlucky with Wisky losing their HC. Howland was a great hire. Dixon was a great hire. They got it right a few times over the past 20 years.

Wannstedt was the one we should have kept and fired Pederson over , that's what should have happened
Wanny without pederson could’ve been something. He already is the only guy in forever to win 10 games, and that was with an administration that basically sabotaged the program.

Yeah Chryst was hamstrung by SP. That becomes more apparent each week. I do appreciate his contributions in getting rid of SP on the way out too.

7-5 in year 6 with a team who quit on him.

He sucked
That was disappointing, wanny definitely deserved criticism for games like UConn that season. No excuse for not being the big east BCS bowl representive that year. What should make anyone believe narduzzi in year 6 can even win 4 games though? You can consider wanny an underachiever because he brought in so much more talent than other big east teams, narduzzi isn’t really bringing in much talent.

That was disappointing, wanny definitely deserved criticism for games like UConn that season. No excuse for not being the big east BCS bowl representive that year. What should make anyone believe narduzzi in year 6 can even win 4 games though? You can consider wanny an underachiever because he brought in so much more talent than other big east teams, narduzzi isn’t really bringing in much talent.
He didn’t
That was the most alarming part.

Wanny’s Recruiting stunk
He peaked at Walt like recruiting but was a worse coach

He didn’t
That was the most alarming part.

Wanny’s Recruiting stunk
He peaked at Walt like recruiting but was a worse coach
Ehh idk there. Walt was a fantastic offensive mind and recruited great skill position players. He completely ignored the d-line at times and like in ‘03, great offense, defense was horrendous.

Wanny was a better all-around recruiter. His biggest knock in that department was probably qb, and if bostick turned out the way the recruiting services thought he would, that may be regarded differently.

Definitely agree Walt was a better coach though. I still consider the wanny years one of the few bright spots in recent times, but I think we really missed out not keeping Walt a little longer. Palko was really suited for his offense, he was great as a sophomore. Kinda went backwards under wanny, I think we still could’ve been really good under Walt in ‘05 and ‘06.

Ehh idk there. Walt was a fantastic offensive mind and recruited great skill position players. He completely ignored the d-line at times and like in ‘03, great offense, defense was horrendous.

Wanny was a better all-around recruiter. His biggest knock in that department was probably qb, and if bostick turned out the way the recruiting services thought he would, that may be regarded differently.

Definitely agree Walt was a better coach though. I still consider the wanny years one of the few bright spots in recent times, but I think we really missed out not keeping Walt a little longer. Palko was really suited for his offense, he was great as a sophomore. Kinda went backwards under wanny, I think we still could’ve been really good under Walt in ‘05 and ‘06.
Wanny best year
6 nfl draft picks
Walt best year
6 nfldraft picks

Ultimate judge in talent level.

Walt did a good of turning Pitt around. He turned out to be a good hire. Wanny was a decent hire. Chryst was a decent hire, but we got unlucky with Wisky losing their HC. Howland was a great hire. Dixon was a great hire. They got it right a few times over the past 20 years.
Howland was a great hire , no doubt , but JD only got the job because they couldn't attract a national candidate. They got LUCKY !

DW was a guy you had to hire and hope it worked. It didn't. The guy is a loser HC. Tightest butthole ever. HCPN was a solid hire, too, but he is stubborn, can't hire, and can't recruit. He obviously isn't going to work. You need to go after someone who is innovative offensively and can recruit and hope it works.

Wanny without pederson could’ve been something. He already is the only guy in forever to win 10 games, and that was with an administration that basically sabotaged the program.
What’s funny about that is Wannys “glory” years were with Pederson as the AD

Reactions: brickfhouse
Why??

Chryst recruited enough good talent here that helped Narduzzi artificially inflate his record for his first 2 years here. It wasn't coaching that helped him win, it was Chryst's recruits.

Now that he has to rely on HIS own recruits, he's doomed. He can't recruit and he can't coach. We had one of these not too long ago in basketball. What happened to him?

DW was a guy you had to hire and hope it worked. It didn't. The guy is a loser HC. Tightest butthole ever. HCPN was a solid hire, too, but he is stubborn, can't hire, and can't recruit. He obviously isn't going to work. You need to go after someone who is innovative offensively and can recruit and hope it works.

you would think once we would catch lightning in a bottle with a coordinator. WVU did with RichRod and to a lesser extend Holgy. Vandy did by hiring Franklin. Georgia appears to with Smart.

So I still think it is our best shot. We aren't going to lure Moorhead or Campbell, and at this stage probably not even Candle from Toledo. So we need to hit it right and find that RichRod, franklin coordinator that has the leadership potential.

I guess the thing that is concerning......what part of the Narduzzi interview screamed..."this guy is a head coach". Seriously, his presser today, talking about potty training a puppy? This guy is off his rocker.

We knew Hackett was toast at year 3, and Foge should have been toast at year 3. This is year 4 and it is pretty obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT