ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Fans - This Says It All

DiehardPanther

Heisman Winner
Apr 26, 2017
Pitt beats Clemson, and how do Pitt fans respond for the last 2 games of the year?
35k people show up for Duke, and 34k show up for the last game that a bunch of Seniors play in at Heinz. That included one of the most inspirational players in James Conner. Way to go Pitt fans. Just absolutely pathetic. And people wonder why it is difficult to recruit here.

personally I would go to a school where I knew I would get playing time immediately

personally I would go to a school where I knew I would get playing time immediately
If you are a legit superstar, then you will be able to play soon at a lot of really good programs. No reason to settle for a school like BC, Pitt, or GT.

Pitt beats Clemson, and how do Pitt fans respond for the last 2 games of the year?
35k people show up for Duke, and 34k show up for the last game that a bunch of Seniors play in at Heinz. That included one of the most inspirational players in James Conner. Way to go Pitt fans. Just absolutely pathetic. And people wonder why it is difficult to recruit here.
Come on everyone, can't you tell when someone's just having fun with you.
No one would really blame bad coaching and bad play on the fans.

If you are a legit superstar, then you will be able to play soon at a lot of really good programs. No reason to settle for a school like BC, Pitt, or GT.

schools like Ohio State Alabama and so forth are full of 4 and 5 star players, a 4 star player who wants immediately playing time, like Whitehead, should consider schools like Pitt. Or a 5 star dont remember what he was.

schools like Ohio State Alabama and so forth are full of 4 and 5 star players, a 4 star player who wants immediately playing time, like Whitehead, should consider schools like Pitt. Or a 5 star dont remember what he was.
Ohio St, ND, PS, and Michigan are clearly better options and they recruit Western PA. Surely, you do not expect Pitt to go into Ohio and take kids from Ohio St.

Well, we are being outrecruited by those Powerhouse, cough cough.. Along with other Blue Bloods like Purdue, Indiana, USF, northwestern, Duke.

Should I name more of these Powerhouse Programs or does this get the point across.
What does that have to do with only 34k people showing up to support our Senior class last year?

Ohio St, ND, PS, and Michigan are clearly better options and they recruit Western PA. Surely, you do not expect Pitt to go into Ohio and take kids from Ohio St.

thing is I am sure Ohio State has some 4 star players who are sitting the bench right now, and the better option for them would have been to go to another P5 school where they could play immediately.

I think we just had this discussion with regards to a local wide receiver who chose Alabama over Pitt. Could have come to Pitt and maybe had similar success to Tyler Boyd but chose Bama and hasnt been heard from since

Western PA sports fans are used to being #1. The Steelers and Pens have spoiled them. They only support winners.
That's the standard Pitt is up against.
They can either invest enough to try to reach that standard or continue doing what they've done since the mid 1980s.
A good way to start would be not suspending All American candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT