ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Article Pitt flips DE Temple from MTSU

Give me a top notch QB, a bunch of 3 star players and smart scheduling and I’ll get you 10 wins every year...

George Ashton?!? He’s a fullback who is likely to never play another down of football in his life once he leaves Pitt. Pitt outrecruited no one. But, there are 50 George Ashton’s out there.
You are full of crap, he will be on an NFL roster next year. Bank on that.

And his name is ASTON....not "Ashton" Thanks for your input troll

Do you have some insight on a kid that couldn't even get a phone call from one of the half dozen or so P5 programs he can drive to in less than two hours or are you just trolling?

I have no opinion of the kid at all. The coaches whose careers depend on talent evaluation scouted this kid and offered him early. Had they offered him late I’d be a bit more concerned that he’s a a reach. I’ll judge the class and this kid by how well they play down the road

I don’t know if I’d trust anyone whose life depended on the success of his talent evaluations over a ranking service but perhaps the evaluatuon by the coaching staff of the ACC Coastal champs merits some special consideration.
Let's not make the Coastal division out to be some murderers row. Yes we won it, yes it makes us champs. Lets see how we do in the championship game.

I have no opinion of the kid at all. The coaches whose careers depend on talent evaluation scouted this kid and offered him early. Had they offered him late I’d be a bit more concerned that he’s a a reach. I’ll judge the class and this kid by how well they play down the road

They offered him in June. “The coaches whose careers depend on talent evaluation” weren’t exactly in a big hurry to lock the kid up.

I've always said my judgement on this staff's recruiting would come this fall. I'm waiting till Saturday night. If we beat Miami, this team and this staff's recruiting is legit and commits like this kid should get a large dose of support. If we lose, we are just another decent team in a decent division landing mediocre material that could become decent players with some work. Nothing worthy of excitement nor deserving scorn.

But his point is right. Beating Miami or losing to Miami will say a lot about this team. And by extension Narduzzi.

George Ashton?!? He’s a fullback who is likely to never play another down of football in his life once he leaves Pitt. Pitt outrecruited no one. But, there are 50 George Ashton’s out there.
Pitt didn't out recruit anyone for George. But, Pitt out EVALUATED everyone for him.
There may be 50 guys out there who you may look at and think might produce like George, but there aren't 50 Ashtons out there that do or can....there aren't 10, or five...I challenge you to name 2 that are as good as George.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Pitt didn't out recruit anyone for George. But, Pitt out EVALUATED everyone for him.
There may be 50 guys out there who you may look at and think might produce like George, but there aren't 50 Ashtons out there that do or can....there aren't 10, or five...I challenge you to name 2 that are as good as George.

Winston Dimel from UTEP
Alec Ingold from Wisconsin
Johnathan Vickers from Florida State

There’s 3.

Reactions: raleighpanther
Let's not make the Coastal division out to be some murderers row. Yes we won it, yes it makes us champs. Lets see how we do in the championship game.

Its crap the Coastal, example, people that think PSU is the same level job as USC and its not, are the exact people who think winning the Coastal is equal to the other power 5 champs, it's not as well. Also, the season isn't over , we win the next 3, we have something special, lose 2 and it's another avg season we are accustomed to, lose all 3, and it turned out disappointing mostly because UNC harpooned it, so hopefully we have a special season in the end .....

Last edited:
Winston Dimel from UTEP
Alec Ingold from Wisconsin
Johnathan Vickers from Florida State

There’s 3.

Dimel missed most of this season with an injury and didn’t look great when he was healthy. Would not be surprised if his status has declined quite a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT