ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt FOOTBALL

Not sure what anyone expects when we are 3-8 and have no shot at a bowl. The interest in this game is less and most are more interested in which staff are staying and the transfer portal.

I will watch and hope for the best. But I would be lying to say I am 100% dialed in like when there is something big on the line.

Any other fanbase would be the same.

Reactions: jctrack
I will tell you one thing. I really am sad the season is ending tomorrow. Even as bad as this season has gone, I really miss Pitt football. I don't know what it is, but somewhere I still cling to that thread of hope that some day we can get beck to the Pitt teams of the late 70's early 80'. I know realistically that probably won't happen, but I don't want to give up hope

i will die on the vine but look at this board.
Not one topic about Pitt Football.
Narduzzi will get fired soon .
Fanbase apathy is definitely a big factor on how long a leash a coach has. When Stallings was fired, I think he may have been given 1 more year since he had a roster of "his guys" at that point; but the echo of the ball dribbling in an empty Peterson Events Center was too much to ignore, both from an optics and financial standpoint.

Last edited:
Apathy is borne from a belief that Pitt football is rudderless. The Braintrust thought PJ was the answer. How can that possibly have been. The only explanation I have is that Narduzzi left that decision to Cignetti who had a vested interest in PJ being the One. After the first game concerns about the correctness of the decision should have began to trouble Narduzzi. After the second game, more so. After the third game he should have been convinced. After the fourth game, Narduzzi should have known with complete confidence that PJ was not the One. Yet, it wasn't until after the 5th game when the whole world was screaming "Pat you are an idiot" that Narduzzi realized that Cignetti's decision was utterly wrong that Narduzzi agreed to that change in course. So, Pitt Nation now thinks that its head coach is just an idiot when it comes to evaluating a QB and for that matter the performance of Cignetti.

But much worse was Narduzzi's inability to realize that Cignetti was not principally motivated by Pitt's best interest. Narduzzi just could not see what Cignetti Cignetti did realize which was that his career was in the toilet unless a miracle happened and PJ inexplicability turned his game around.

Throw in the idiocy of not recognizing that RH should have been the RB bell cow and you get Pitt fandom thinking that all is hopeless as long as Narduzzi is the head coach and he can't see how he screwed up. And add into that soup that the number one adjective for Narduzzi is the word "stubborn" and it would be shocking if apathy wasn't our prevailing attitude.

Are things hopeless? Narduzzi could make an excellent OC hire (odds are against it but that blind squirrel does find the nut he buried every once in a long while) and then get out of that OC's way. That's not as good a situation as Narduzzi knowing what he's doing but it could work. In any event, its the best case scenario, That my friends is what causes apathy. That and the game of the year (until the BCS Final Game) being broadcast at the same time as Pitt v. Duke.

Last edited:
Apathy is borne from a belief that Pitt football is rudderless. The Braintrust thought PJ was the answer. How can that possibly have been. The only explanation I have is that Narduzzi left that decision to Cignetti who had a vested interest in PJ being the One. After the first game concerns about the correctness of the decision should have began to trouble Narduzzi. After the second game, more so. After the third game he should have been convinced. After the fourth game, Narduzzi should have known with complete confidence that PJ was not the One. Yet, it wasn't until after the 5th game when the whole world was screaming "Pat you are an idiot" that Narduzzi realized that Cignetti's decision was utterly wrong that Narduzzi agreed to that change in course. So, Pitt Nation now thinks that its head coach is just an idiot when it comes to evaluating a QB and for that matter the performance of Cignetti.

But much worse was Narduzzi's inability to realize that Cignetti was not principally motivated by Pitt's best interest. Narduzzi just could not see what Cignetti Cignetti did realize which was that his career was in the toilet unless a miracle happened and PJ inexplicability turned his game around.

Throw in the idiocy of not recognizing that RH should have been the RB bell cow and you get Pitt fandom thinking that all is hopeless as long as Narduzzi is the head coach and he can't see how he screwed up. And add into that soup that the number one adjective for Narduzzi is the word "stubborn" and it would be shocking if apathy wasn't our prevailing attitude.

Are things hopeless? Narduzzi could make an excellent OC hire (odds are against it but that blind squirrel does find the nut he buried every once in a long while) and then get out of that OC's way. That's not as good a situation as Narduzzi knowing what he's doing but it could work. In any event, its the best case scenario, That my friends is what causes apathy. That and the game of the year (until the BCS Final Game) being broadcast at the same time as Pitt v. Duke.
Well said but you have actually made me feel worse about PITT football. I do have a theory that HCPN dislikes any PITT OC that makes his defense look like crap in practice. It may sound ridiculous but HCPN’s shortcomings are pride and stubbornness.

I am a Pat fan and do believe he is the right guy for PITT.

Reactions: jtbuba

I wasn't in the mood to read such a long winded post

But im glad i did.

Excellent comments

Our fanbase was completely apathetic until Narduzzi raised the ceiling and the floor of the program. Obviously he screwed up royally with cignetti. But let’s not act like there was enthusiasm prior to Narduzzi and then he just sucked it all away.

Some of our fans are incredibly dramatic lol.

Reactions: jivecat and jtbuba
I was asked once, "What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?" I was busy at the time and said, "I don't know and I don't care!"

Reactions: JJTopp99

That's crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT