ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt lands Jamarious Burton from TT

Justin C didnt quit before the conference tournament. we had no other player on the first, second, third team or honorable mention All ACC teams so I think "star player" is a bit of an exaggeration.
Ok - two “not star” starters - Does that really change the meaning of the post?

Any way you elect to slice it, that is definitely “not common”.

The SEC had 7.5 players per team in the portal. Georgia had 9 players including 7 of their top 8 scorers. Pitt isn't at the "top" of anything- they are in mean of all teams.

also, 7.5 per team is not even remotely correct. That's double the average total for each SEC team.

the SEC had 3.7 per team - Pitt still above that average and that consists of max exodus at A&M, Vandy & UGA.

Ok - two “not star” starters - Does that really change the meaning of the post?

Any way you elect to slice it, that is definitely “not common”.
No matter how one elects to frame things, these players quit. That is dramatic.

in this article Capel admits it was ”their” decision on more than one occasion. Pitt “mutually agreed” to it after the fact.

it's a Pitt problem, not a national problem.
People who talk about this "national problem" also don't ever mention what role all these players had. Transferring as a starter is a lot different than losing your 13th scholarship player.

The Pitt volleyball team has had a few players transfer in the last two years, and none of them have been impact players in the slightest. It has been a trivial impact to the program. A raw count of transfers is meaningless.

I'm not saying zero other teams are losing starters, but it isn't 1200 starters. If Capel loses guys 10-13 on the depth chart, that isn't going to hurt us much.

No matter how one elects to frame things, these players quit. That is dramatic.

in this article Capel admits it was ”their” decision on more than one occasion. Pitt “mutually agreed” to it after the fact.

What did you expect a coach to say 🙄? Without explaining the whole situation- mutual is a generous term.

It’s time to press the panic button, Pitt loses 6 players off a lousy team , how will the program ever recover ! They weren’t the Yankees .

Three yrs of X and Toney with Justin couldn’t produce a winning team and there were serious chemistry issues . Good riddance to X & Toney and good luck to JC .

The other departures were meaningless .

What don’t people understand about free agency ?

Free agency so to speak might actually make it easier for Pitt to get better freshman . If I was a better program I’d go after college guys who excelled at lower level programs who enter the portal than unproven high school guys . ( unfortunately like Pitt right now )

It‘s a plus for the program that a kid rated 247th ( or so ) can leave for professional ball after 2 yrs .

Reactions: TWPitt
So you are including grads and turning pro in the Pitt number by excluding that from others. Brilliant 👏.
wait you are counting brown as a graduate and not a transfer? last time i looked he is ELIGIBLE to play at pitt next year and chose not to. that is by definition a transfer.

you havent lost your knack for irrational rationale.
quite a reach there

Reactions: gary2
wait you are counting brown as a graduate and not a transfer? last time i looked he is ELIGIBLE to play at pitt next year and chose not to. that is by definition a transfer.

you havent lost your knack for irrational rationale.
quite a reach there

If you actually believe players like Brown had an opportunity to play at Pitt next year... I'm not sure anyone can help you.

If you actually believe players like Brown had an opportunity to play at Pitt next year... I'm not sure anyone can help you.
lololol. we had no centers until hugely was reinststed. he woukd have been im the exact same spot as last year.

you keep trying rationalize this and fail. you are flailing now

lololol. we had no centers until hugely was reinststed. he woukd have been im the exact same spot as last year.

you keep trying rationalize this and fail. you are flailing now
I mean, it’s unarguable that Terrell Brown wasn’t going to be here next year, whether his eligibility was preserved or not. You can argue whether they should have changed their collective minds, but 2020-21 was going to be Terrell Brown’s last year at Pitt, and it’s been that way for a long time.

I mean, it’s unarguable that Terrell Brown wasn’t going to be here next year, whether his eligibility was preserved or not. You can argue whether they should have changed their collective minds, but 2020-21 was going to be Terrell Brown’s last year at Pitt, and it’s been that way for a long time.
and that is documented where?

and that is documented where?
Jeff Capel did an interview a few months ago where he stated flat-out that they’ve been recruiting for the 2021 class for the past year knowing that Brown was leaving after this season. He wasn’t staying.

Jeff Capel did an interview a few months ago where he stated flat-out that they’ve been recruiting for the 2021 class for the past year knowing that Brown was leaving after this season. He wasn’t staying.
yeah so he grad transferred. and who did we get to replace him?
no matter what was said he is s grad transfer period. he can play this year and chose not to stay.

you can bend it however you want but those are the facts

Reactions: levance2
yeah so he grad transferred. and who did we get to replace him?
no matter what was said he is s grad transfer period. he can play this year and chose not to stay.

you can bend it however you want but those are the facts
I don’t understand this criticism. He wasn’t staying here. It’d be like getting mad at Coach K because Zion could have come back for his sophomore year and didn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I don’t understand this criticism. He wasn’t staying here. It’d be like getting mad at Coach K because Zion could have come back for his sophomore year and didn’t.
how is leaving for the nba AS A #1 LOTTERY PICK vs a guy transferring to sand diego even a comparison?
your arguements get sillier with every key stroke. brown left to play at another school not to star in the nba

say it out loud to yourself if you need it might help you swallow it.

Pretty amusing that that same people who complain about how poorly a T.Brown played; also can't figure out why the coach didn't want him back. 🤔

how is leaving for the nba AS A #1 LOTTERY PICK vs a guy transferring to sand diego even a comparison?
your arguements get sillier with every key stroke. brown left to play at another school not to star in the nba

say it out loud to yourself if you need it might help you swallow it.
The player wasn’t returning. It doesn’t matter if it was to the NBA or to a low level D1, or to a career after basketball. He wasn’t returning, and the decision was mutual - I don’t know how this can be made easier for you.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
The player wasn’t returning. It doesn’t matter if it was to the NBA or to a low level D1, or to a career after basketball. He wasn’t returning, and the decision was mutual - I don’t know how this can be made easier for you.
XJ wasn't returning, and the decision was mutual. Therefore he does not count as a transfer. Got it.

Reactions: gary2 and caleco's
Double year starters that averaged double figures? Some might call them team stars?

Most wouldn't. X was being benched for his inconsistent play. Toney wasn't good enough for the baggage he brought to the team.

Much closer to solid athletes and good players with major flaws verses stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT