ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-LVille Thoughts

4upmc

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2017
-Much needed win!

-It will be said a million times how Pitt should be 5-1 or at least 4-2 if we never had Phil and I agree. PN knows this is true. It is what it is and I still hope PN gets rid of the OC. As we saw a PN team will never quit on him. But moving on…

-CV started 0-5, was missing 4 OL starters (at one point 5 were out) but in what’s a small sample size he showed he isn’t scared of the moment, has lots of confidence and when given the chance to be the guy he came through.

-He stood tough in the pocket unlike Phil, got rid of the ball quick, and showed he has a legit big arm to make all the throws. Yes he made mistakes, (his guys also dropped 3/4 passes) but looks like we may have our guy. No one is saying he is senior year KP. But the best thing is we should have him for 2 1/2 more years.

-Bub, I’m happy for him. Had a big first half. He’s always happy, great with the media and his mates seem to love him. No he’s not JA or a star but he’s a legit deep threat. Hell even Phil hit him for 75 yd TD. He had his man beat for what would have been another big play but CV didn’t put enough air under the ball. I hope he comes back for his 6th Covid year. Him and Kenny J would give us 2 deep threats and to go along with Mump who had a nice 31 yd TD at the end but is more of a move the chains WR.

-Glad to see Kenny J get the start, clearly has a bright future.

-Moore had a bad first snap but I really like what I see from him. BJ Williams was solid and thats a big step up from his first game. 2 promising young OL IMO.

-D, way to pitch a shutout in the 2nd half. Jules is fun to watch, he’s playing well. Sam O, with the big play. Partridge needs to give the kid more PT IMO.

-Deshields had a big game, the play where he threw the man trying to block him into the back for the tackle was something. Glad Kamara is back.

Nice to see MJ with the pick 6 and bounce back after giving up 2 touchdowns. He is really hit or miss unlike the super consistent Williams. But the NFL ppl will have a spot for MJ because he is going to test extremely well. I hope the NFL ppl find a spot for Williams who just locks up ppl game after game, season after season.

-Glad to finally get a win. Not the season any of us wanted but looking forward to seeing the growth of CV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT